FIFA Scandel

JustHatched

I'm really surprised this hasn't been posted by the non American members of the crew, or is it to sensitive of a subject (I it is I am totally unaware)

Well? Thoughts?

Was this always something suspected or really just found out?

What impact will all the crimes have on the sport?

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

This has been pretty much common knowledge for years. Nothing in the past ever made it this far before though.

The choice of which country needs to become host has been dubious for many years. Hosting it in Qatar in the middle of the summer has to be one of the biggest jokes ever. 

As for Sepp Blatter denying responsibility, you don't rule at the top for 17 years without knowing exactly what is going on beneath you. 

• Like 4

Can't say I follow this sport. At all.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I dont follow football (soccer as we americans say lol) but as a sport enthusiast i have followed the drama. Things have been getting worse because the idea was that these guys were untouchable so they kept doing these things even after the investigation done in the QATAR situation (which they ignored). Its nasty business really...workers have died building the stadium in QATAR, accusations of slavery, briberies in the hundreds of millions etc etc. 

These guys were pretty allowed to keep doing this because of the popularity of the sport and as long as they kept making money and had sponsors supporting them they kept doing what they wanted. I don't pretend to understand what is going on or what will happen but when there is type of corruption on these levels then something has to happen. Deadspin.com has pretty good coverage on it all if you guys are looking on some reading material 

http://deadspin.com/tag/fifa

CGBVxXWWMAI4zSv.jpg

Edited by JALJ
  • Like 3

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I always suspected of this. Fifa has turned into a mafia... Theres no sport anymore, now it's a DIRTY business, imo.

• Like 1

I'm really surprised this hasn't been posted by the non American members of the crew, or is it to sensitive of a subject (I it is I am totally unaware)

Well? Thoughts?

Was this always something suspected or really just found out?

What impact will all the crimes have on the sport?

I don't think it's a sensitive subject (although I should say I'm personally far more into cricket than any form of football). It's more a case of it being no surprise whatsoever that senior FIFA officials should be charged with corruption and we suspect the people right at the top will probably get away with it.

This has been well known for decades. FIFA is as corrupt as can be. Like Squirrel said, who in their right mind would organise a WC in the desert ?

It's the corruption, the shady deals with player managers, the outrageous salaries, d*ckheads like Ronaldo etc. that caused me to stop following football alltogether.

Hope one day Blatter and his partners in crime will pay the price (i.e. jail), but I doubt it.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

I say finally lol and i hope it doesn't stop here, IMO it was a great sport that became a joke...

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

FIFA, IOC, ... just a bunch of old geezers that only care for their pockets.

It's no surprise at all that there is bribery and corruption. What's surprising is that someone actually had the balls to investigate and arrest some of the top FIFA officials.

I hope they actually get prosecuted too. Very much doubt there will actually be any serious consequences for these people though, but one can only hope. They'll just buy their way out.

As i always said it's like a dictator ruling a country, give some crumbles(bribes) to heads of football association and can rule forever.

I don't follow big sports really. But hey, national news here spin the scandal as a political move timed to compromise the current FIFA president's re-election as well as the choice of host for 2018 World Cup. Don't bother looking for truth in politics though.

klarkmorrigan.png