Job Polishing

Dodge

As per Hatch's outburst request, I have spent nearly 12 hours over the last few days in the Creator. I've been polishing my current races into better jobs. Now most of them were minor changes. Nearly all of them got Vans added to them. All of them received the updated Cars. A few got complete rebuilds. A few others did not get touched. The Scouring Series, Maze Bank Enduro, and Saturday Night Thunder did not get touched. So far, all I have left are from T's to the Z's. So any and all feedback on the changes are welcome. 

Dodgeservice.png

I don't think I pointed a finger at you and if i did you know which one it was.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

To be fair I have my share of crap to fix

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

I like to properly test my jobs with the general random community before posting them on the forums.

First impressions count the most IMO, I'd rather the crew had a good impression of a job rather than something that needs work, there's a high chance that people will avoid a job which gave them a bad experience the first time around.

If my jobs need fixing then I feel responsible for rushing it.

I don't really have an issue with members creating a lot of jobs if they're high quality, but some jobs are (IMO) poorly made and are set for a player capacity that is far beyond it's capabilities just to have it played in a playlist... Those jobs I openly refuse to play.

Some jobs I cannot be honest about, because I know I'll offend the creator. However, I won't be forced to play those jobs... Test them on randoms where possible!

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

The problem with me fixing them is = if I do it it won't be done on the PS3, which means my stuff migrates over to PS4. I have done a few, but doing slowly at the moment

@Dodge, look at the bright side, you get a PS4 you can edit them all again with new proping and 30 players

I have so many that I can't possibly please everyone. But I try to make solid work. 

The problem with me fixing them is = if I do it it won't be done on the PS3, which means my stuff migrates over to PS4. I have done a few, but doing slowly at the moment

@Dodge, look at the bright side, you get a PS4 you can edit them all again with new proping and 30 players

Ass. 

Dodgeservice.png

I have so many that I can't possibly please everyone. But I try to make solid work. 

You won't make things to please everyone, you have a few I don't care for and 1 that you would have to hold a gun to my head to host.

What I meant with my comment a bit back - Cp's in races for example, if something is off and obviously off fix that shit... or a TDM the size of a matchbox with Combat MG's (and it's not suppose to be a BS TDM), change that gun to something more playable to map size.

I'm not saying to fix stuff to please me or the masses, just make them 100% playable with little confusion. (not always possible, but there is alot of stuff that could go from cool to awesome with a few tweaks)

Think the main thing is adding feedback to the jobs in the topics and then the creators need to sit down and action the changes or explain why something has been made a certain way if they don't agree with the suggested change.

I tend to keep my races simple, I'm not a fan of too many props in them. I do wrap poles as much as I can and will add tyre barriers to suit but generally I like to use what Rockstar provides in the area. 

I've learned a lot about checkpoint placement, does make a difference, I need job to spend some time and go for a job cull. Will try and get rid of some of the deadwood and modify stuff that hasn't worked but it's just a case of finding the time to do it. I've got around 120 jobs, I feel Dodge's pain. Don't envy his task at all. 

• Like 1

It's Ok. It all needed a little polish anyway. Several jobs that I didn't care for, got revamped, or rebuilt. I didn't do anything that I wasn't ok with. 

Dodgeservice.png

You can always simply copy the job while leaving the PS3 version behind. Let's others play a "legacy" version of it and while you obviously lose all of your plays and ratings on the copied job, at least you can go about improving it without taking the old one away.

Two sides to that coin I guess.

One I really need to work on is Pacific Martini. It was my first race. Others I'm happy enough with on PS3 and if I wanted to improve them I don't mind copying them and labeling them as "HD" versions and such.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines