Memorial Day plans?

Jaggy

For our United States members, do you have any plans for Memorial Day?

Other than remembering our fallen soldiers, we usually just grill some steak and corn on the cob and relax for the day.  If we had family members living closer, I'm sure we'd be having small gatherings at a relatives house.  There's a lot of people who use it as a reason to get drunk as hell and endanger everyone on the road by driving, so we tend to just stay home or around the neighborhood.  If it's not too hot, we might take the kid's to the park.  Otherwise, they can just swim in the backyard.

• Like 2

Oh Im sure Rose has something for me to do around here. I know Monday we will be at work for funeral that is early on Tuesday

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Helping my Mother in law move. Were about 25 miles south of Rochester, New York. Sunday there will be a parade down Main Street in town. Pure Americana.

Fellow Vets and I go to several cemeteries to put flags at the graves of our fallen brothers.

Next year I'm going to participate in some fashion in "Carry The Load". It's time to get back to the real meaning of this holiday! My injuries won't let me do the walk, but I'm going to talk to them about setting up a bike and wheelchair side of the local event.

Check http://carrytheload.org/ for an event near you. We all owe it to those that gave everything so we may enjoy this wonderful life we have!

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 7

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!