PSN Connectivity Issues

Is anyone else having issues staying logged into PSN ever since Friday?

This afternoon was the first time I tried logging in under my name on PS3.  It worked and I was able to play GTA Online for about 20 minutes.  I got signed out of PSN, but was also getting the "Saving Failed" message from Rockstar while parachuting.

On Saturday & Sunday, Torrid was having all sorts of issues staying connected to PSN.  I think he said he got signed out every 5-10 minutes from PSN.  We've never had these issues before and they only started happening since "maintenance" on Friday night.  I'm kind of at a loss and not sure if it's just our PS3 having these issues or if others are as well.

We're not having these issues on PS4.  Our PS3 is a wireless connection, but not sure what that would have to do with the constant disconnect issues since this hasn't been a problem until now.

Yeah, it was about every 5-10 minutes I would get kicked, usually it was enough to kick me to story mode but I'd still show connected to PSN.  The last two tries last night it would have all kinds of issues loading GTA Online.  It acts like an extremely slow connection, but the upload/download numbers don't support that.

It's definitely not the wireless setup because we never had an issue before that and both the PS3 and PS4 had issues on Friday night, but PS3 hasn't seemed to fully recover.  I even did all the connectivity setup all over again with no change in performance.  The internet connection to it is solid, but PSN still acts extremely unstable.

I will give it another solid try Tuesday night, but unfortunately if I can't manage to keep it connected to PSN I may be venturing over to PS4 for the night.  I know PS3 has slowly come back online for many.  It wasn't an immediate thing when it came back online.  It's like PSN is having trouble opening up full bandwidth for the PS3 servers for all users.

I've been having occasional issues similar to this for a few weeks now, i.e sometime can not log into PSN, sometimes get kicked out of PSN whilst playing GTA. I'm not connected wirelessly so it's not that. But now there is a different problem, occurred yesterday and last Tuedsay.  I turn on the PS3, sign into PSN, start up GTAV and it will only load story mode. If I then try to go to on-line it says I am not logged into PSN, even though I can clearly see I am. Rockstar support told me a fix for this though, you have log out of PSN (go to PSN menu, Account Management, press triangle) and then log back in. Sony were doing maintainence, unschedulded as far as I know,  on Saturday (may have just been UK, not sure) and I could not log into PSN for most of the day then. I assumed it was related to these issues, but cleary has not fixed them if it was.

Edited by djw180

When I spoke to Sony support on the phone, last Saturday when the "unscheduled maintainance" was happening, they said it was nothing to do with Lizard Squad. However they didn't offer me any explanation of what the cause actually was. So I'm not sure how much the person I spoke to actually knew.

Edited by djw180

It's definitely not Lizard Squad.  They aren't really hackers anyway.  They just do a DDoS attack on servers.  I'm going to say that happens when they get scolded by their mothers and have their Playstations and Xboxes taken away.  

Honestly, it's got to be something with R* & PSN.  When my daughter plays Minecraft, she's logged into PSN the whole time and doesn't get signed out constantly.  I haven't played around with PS3 since Monday.  It seemed there were a lot of connections/server issues with GTA last night, but wasn't signing Torrid out of PSN like the previous evenings.

It's probably just something we have to let run its course and fix itself.

I'm getting way more issues these days.

Keep getting sent back to story mode when in a lobby.

This used to happen to me a few months back everything was surprisingly smooth these last weeks.