The Viceroy

Jaggy

• 3 weeks later...

Love the area, even though I died fast. :lol:

There's just so much interesting creative natural cover from the R* map. Good for serious strategy.

This is the second week in a row we have played this and I personally don't really like it.

From what I observed there is a carbine rifle for one team and only an assualt rifle for the other. We also start with pistols so if you missed out on the better weapon pick ups your screwed.

It's quiet hard to move around for one team. You're essentially pinned down to one side of the building.

The teams just seem a little unbalanced in terms of cover, movement and weapons.

The 10 min time is a bit long too. This would go for all LTS as well, in a playlist with a lot of people it will most likely run for half an hour. I would consider changing the time to 5-7mins so it isn't as long for people who die right away and it will also force people to act quicker and not dance around for over 5mins with each other like what happened with G and I today.

scottyb1988.jpg

There's a carbine rifle available for both teams.  You just have to know where to go to get them.  I can change the time limit, but the weapons are fairly balanced.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if one team has access to the roof tops more quickly than the others, but the one drawback with this LTS that is fine otherwise are the sticky bombs (explosives in general here probably) in comparison to the roof tops. It's quite easy to dominate if you secure that roof top with not much way of dealing with said person(s).

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Yeah I think you really need to know how to get around on this map otherwise you're at a disadvantage the carbine is quiet overdue and has pretty good range, even over the assault rifle. It seemed to go ok, but for me personally I found it a bit more frustrating on both occasions then enjoyable.

I'm sure other people did enjoy it but the 10 mins seemed to drag out for a while even though I was the one still playing :P

scottyb1988.jpg

Honestly, I think this is a decent LTS.  It might just be the time limit that's spoiling the fun.  It should be about even time to get to the roof top.  Although I think being on the roof is a disadvantage since there's carbine's on the map.  It's easy to shoot people down.  That's just me though.  I can change the time limit and run it some other time with people and see if that changes things.  I don't want jobs that annoy people to the point that it's not fun to play.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think this is a decent LTS.  It might just be the time limit that's spoiling the fun.  It should be about even time to get to the roof top.  Although I think being on the roof is a disadvantage since there's carbine's on the map.  It's easy to shoot people down.  That's just me though.  I can change the time limit and run it some other time with people and see if that changes things.  I don't want jobs that annoy people to the point that it's not fun to play.

You can't please everyone and I was probably already a bit frustrated from other things and without feedback from other poeple you won't know if they liked it or not.

It does work well and it's a unique location that has multiple ways to play out and it's a different terrain from the usual DMs and LTS that we play. I don't really know many areas that well so trying to find my way around the map, and then trying to get to a weapon that's above you without knowing how to get up there when everyone else seems to get to the weapons quickly makes it a little frustrating so it's most likely me that needs to learn the map better.

With the time, some people will like it and some won't. After the threads on PL and LTS/captures times and rounds, I have come to the conclusion that most jobs shouldn't be running for that long as it takes up way to much time. 10 mins for one round is fine, but when you need to do multiple rounds because each team has a different advantage from their starting point, it goes for too long at 10 mins a round.

scottyb1988.jpg

From what I saw there is 1 carbine and 1 assault rifle on each team, it just seems unbalanced because that leaves several 1v1 battles of carbine vs pistol which is very unbalanced in every way possible.

IMO any pistol (except the AP) shouldn't be put against a rifle, SMG vs pistol seems a little better, micro would be better still.

The placement is fair and the location is cool, but the range and damage of the rifle vs pistol is a mismatch.

If the weapons were more balanced, I doubt this job would last as long as it did last night, there was a lot of hiding a waiting, but that's because players only had a pistol to defend themselves and 1 life...

I'm sorry guys.  I just pulled up the map on RSC and both teams have access to a carbine rifle and an assault rifle.  The other weapon is a combat pistol.  I'm sorry it took so long to play out.  Not sure what was going on.  I know some people are stubborn as hell and don't want to try to hunt out the other player(s) in LTS.  I could make the pistol an AP, but I think that kind of defeats the purpose of having carbine or assault rifles on the map.

You're right, Scotty, I can't please everyone.  I did adjust the time for five minutes per round, but that's all I'm going to change at this time.

• 7 months later...