T/DM spawn placements

SeymorScagneti

For normal DM, placements all over the map seem to be the most common.

For TDM, I've seen placements all over the map, and placements done in a squarish shape.

What type of spawn placements work better to prevent spawn killing?

I think the answer to this is always going to be situational, no always 100% correct method of it.

For DMs, spawn locations are even more important IMO. Mostly because there are no "start points" (which is stupid) so it seems to select start points based on your spawn points (what I'm not sure of is if it uses the first .. 8 or so placed respawns if it's an 8 player max map or if it's all RNG).

A lot of it IMO is completely dependent on the game's AI and where it decides to spawn you (based upon where you died, where your team is and where the action is). I don't think spawn killing is completely avoidable, it's going to happen from time to time in even the best maps. It seems most common in linear locations where spawns are divorced like this:

Team A (spawns/respawns) - - No man's Land - - Team B (spawns/respawns)

Completely possible for team A and B to spawn behind the other team if people play it out right.

Here's some maps.

Springer - Hatch

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/justhatched/games/gtav/jobs/job/4j3gfkLJAE6XuFFfFmXT5g

Here's an example of a map that has evenly distributed spawn points that make use of the terrain and architecture with ample cover. It works well, we've all played it.

Grenadeball - HC

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/handcuff_charlie/games/gtav/jobs/job/rQS0ZF_tuk2V1jNcrWoMpw

Here's an example of the perimeter respawning you're talking about. All of the action is intended to take place in the middle so it makes sense that there are no respawns there. There's also no cover.

Mulligan's Revenge - HC

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/handcuff_charlie/games/gtav/jobs/job/1qf4_4uRl0-yVh3gkWikSw

Here's another one that has that outside respawning for the most part. Same deal, action should be in the middle and having spawns placed all around in some kind of circular or geometric fashion sort of opens up game play to work from the outside in. There's also distance and weapon choice involved here (it's melee and spawns aren't right on top of each other, so that's another layer to think about).

I think the decision is going to ultimately depend on where you're building something, what you're building and what you're hoping to achieve. Most regular deathmatches I think benefit most from evenly distributed spawns so the action can be seen all over the map, not just at one specific focal point which those particular maps from HC seem to focus on. Same deal for linear maps as well where you try to separate the spawn points as much as possible to make use of the limited space. Drawbacks here of course include potentially spawning behind your opponent as a result of where the masses are playing. Obviously dropping props and building stuff into the landscape can help layer in new elements to a location and how something plays out as well.

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• 2 weeks later...

Something I have done for the 30 player TDM's and it seems to work ok is to use the randomizer to quickly put down the respawn points, then go thru and edit them to point the correct direction and/or move them if they are not in a good spot. Maybe this is a genius idea or a dumbshit idea, dunno for certain yet.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: