How do you create races?

Pb76

Do you plan out a route using the map that comes with the game?

Maybe you drive around in free roam, mentally mapping a route?

Do you drop a CP, then randomly choose left or right before plonking down the next CP?

Maybe you zoom right out in the creator and look for an intesting route that way?

Or is there some other way that yields success for you? (I've tried all of the stuff above and have yet to make anything memorable or popular)

I tend to end up finding certain parts of the map that make nice racing lines and mark them on a map that I have. I then when I have enough try to link all the lines together to make a track :). Or I zoom out and try to look for a route that way :)

• Like 1

What about Nerd Rage? It's simple, but certainly memorable and sorta popular.

Normally I drive around in freeroam to find a good route, then zoom in and out in the creator to make adjustments, if necessary.

"Plonking"? Lol

Alot of my maps are a bit random. I find an area that I like, and start going. Trying to get into, and out of a couple of areas that attract my attention. like Scouring, I wanted to use the Viaduct, and the Subway track. Then find route back to the ghetto, with a couple of interesting stops along the way.

Dodgeservice.png

Every single one of those you mentioned PB apply to me.

I quite like your Clowning Around race and there's a particular Rally stage I like but can't remember which.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

A little bit of everything you mentioned, PB.

Typically, I'll play around in free roam and find the area I want to use.  I'll jump into the creator from there.  Once I have the starting grid placed, I will start placing CPs randomly or whether makes the most sense.  Sometimes I even make car noises as I place the CPs.  No joke, ask Torrid.  I think he witnessed me doing it one day.  :lol:

It depends on the race..

Air race I will fly the route dropping CP's as I go, then test it to see the CP layout then go to overhead view and tweak the shit out of it.

Same with sea races

Land races I always do from overhead view, generally I have a class in mind when doing it.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Alot of my maps are a bit random. I find an area that I like, and start going. Trying to get into, and out of a couple of areas that attract my attention. like Scouring, I wanted to use the Viaduct, and the Subway track. Then find route back to the ghetto, with a couple of interesting stops along the way.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I always try to give DC89, G, and Hatch one section to cuss me out on.

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

I'm not sure...

Each race that I make is designed for one class only and I get the idea from driving that class of vehicle in freemode.

I usually only have a few main corners in mind when I start creating a race, from there it will either blossom or fall flat on it's face... Much of it is trial and error, I have at least 10 unfinished races that'll probably never get published, sometimes they're just used for ideas because they're not what I want.

I'm very fussy and quite a perfectionist. The amount of times I edit, test and save races drives me to the edge of insanity  : DIZZY :... I tell myself "OK, one last test and then it's complete"... But that's never the case.

I'll often keep a finished race saved instead of publishing, so I can ask racers on my friends list to give another opinion (in fact, the same guys help me test the crews races too).

After that, I may not post it on the forum for another half a day, I do this so I can load it up every hour from a public lobby and get it played before expecting the crew to play it first (emphasis on the word 'expecting' as members rarely host their jobs publicly).

There is more to it than just placing CP's until something takes shape, but I don't know what  :lol:.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2