Broken PS3

So I have had a fat ps3 since they came out, and many years ago i put a 500GB in it.

Everything has been working fine until recent.

First the cd/dvd reader died last year, solved it by buying and downloading digital gta ;)

Now it will just give me a blinking red light when i try and turn it on.

Took it apart removed all dust, still same problem.

Now, my real concern is all the family video and pics that I still have on there (yea. i know, backup eh).

Does anyone have had a similar issue, or even a solution to this problem?

I have been told that a disc cant be moved to a new system (Fat or slim) without formating.

Thanks for even reading this far!

/Lann

My fatty died the same way.......is it not possible to put the HDD into a 'caddy' (external drive) and plug it into PC/laptop?

(I had mine repaired but it died again 3 days later.)

• Like 1

This happened to me, you have to put the ps3 into safe mode, hold the power button and let beep, and beep again and it will turn off. then wait a few seconds, and then Hold the power button again you'll hear beep, and 2 beeps, and let go, now its in safe mode, re-build database, try that first.

You said you took it apart, so you know the process, but I found a trick that works, 4 pennies covered in arctic silver 5, place them on the main chip, the pressure, keeps contact, and once you get it on, make your move, and make copies of the data. I worked for me, but I had a lil help. hope it works for you. 

Google the heat sink repair for PS3.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/PlayStation_3

My fatty died the same way.......is it not possible to put the HDD into a 'caddy' (external drive) and plug it into PC/laptop?

(I had mine repaired but it died again 3 days later.)

Will the PS3 enter safe mode?

This happened to me, you have to put the ps3 into safe mode, hold the power button and let beep, and beep again and it will turn off. then wait a few seconds, and then Hold the power button again you'll hear beep, and 2 beeps, and let go, now its in safe mode, re-build database, try that first.

You said you took it apart, so you know the process, but I found a trick that works, 4 pennies covered in arctic silver 5, place them on the main chip, the pressure, keeps contact, and once you get it on, make your move, and make copies of the data. I worked for me, but I had a lil help. hope it works for you. 

Thanks all for the help!

It will not enter safemode.

I will try and dock the hd to a pc to extract the pics and stuff.

I just picked up this used slim, so now my litte boy can ge back to playing skylander with a discreader that works

(The one on the right, good things I have four girls in the house)

FlbfIbp.png

i think ive already had something similar and when you dock it to a pc it says the disk needs to be formated, if i recall i did some research on the subject and apparently sony has some kind of encryption to prevent hackers from hacking it

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

OK so... where did you find a hot pink PS3?  Because I need a pink PS4 now...

$T2eC16JHJHMFH!7PkhL,BSRJUeR!ww~~60_57.J

Lann, I did a trick when my fat 80gb PS3 got the YLOD. Took it apart, turned it over and ran a hair dryer on it for a half hour. Let it cool down, put it back together and it started. I was able to get my disc out and it worked for a little while. An actual heat gun might work better but I didn't have one at the time. I guess it reflows the solder. It died again, I had it fixed and it worked for 2 months and now it's dead again.

• Like 1

OK so... where did you find a hot pink PS3?  Because I need a pink PS4 now...

Great, now I have a hot pink ps3 with glitter effect?

:D  

Red, blood red: (damn camera)

0EEPDDH.png

• Like 1