Fido_le_muet

Hey guys !

So Avengers: Age Of Ultron comes out in less than 10 days here in France. And I'm freaking excited !!! : GRIMACE :

Early reviews are in and it looks like we are in for a treat once again.

Ever since Iron Man came out back in 2008, I became a huge fan of super heroes movies and TV Shows.

I already kind of liked the genre thanks to movies like Tim Burton's Batman and later Spider-Man and the Dark Knight trilogy.

But I really got hooked with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The way Marvel chose to make all their movies and TV shows part of the same world, I found this amazing.

Besides, it's brilliantly executed and all the pieces fit perfectly together. I'm really admirative of what they accomplished so far.

And I'm even more excited to see what's ahead.

I'm currently watching the Daredevil series on Netflix and it is amazing. Marvel have yet to disappoint. Everything they do is succesful right now.

DC Comics have just started their own movie universe and I hope it can be as good as Marvel's. Their TV Shows(Arrow, The Flash) are awesome so I have high hopes :)

Before I get carried away with all this, let's hear from you people.

Are you guys into these movies ? What do you think about the current tsunami of superheroes movies ? Is it too much ? Are you sick of all these guys in spandex flying around ? :P

Discuss ! :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fido_le_muet

• truelife98

• Squirrel

• Kudisanga

I didnt know there was a daredevil series will have to check that out. I have enjoyed all the xmen movies actually all the suoerhero movies thor green lantern spiderman ect ect.

As far as shows go i am hooked and have now hooked my wife on the flash and arrow i also watch marvel agents of shield

• Like 1

Same here !

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is amazing.

It started a little meh but once the crossover episode with Captain America 2 was out, the show became better and better.

Arrow and Flash are very cool too. The Flash is particularly exciting right now. Can't wait to see the end of the season.

I may be biased but most superhero movies are good. But you gotta admit Green Lantern sucked :lol: Fantastic Four as well. These were bad :)

I've always been a Batman fan, Adam West, Micheal Keaton and Christian Bale are the best. Val Kilmer and George Clooney sucked ass.

Spider Man is ok, the latest movies are better IMO, Iron Man is pretty cool as is the Avengers.

I am not a fan of Super Man or Fantastic 4

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Val Kilmer and George Clooney sucked ass.

They totally did ! Well actually, I think Joel Schumacher was the main problem. Too much color! Too many bad jokes ! Two-Face was so lame !

I've been rewatching the 4 Batman lately. Batman Forever was even more ridiculous than I recalled. I'll watch Batman & Robin tomorrow night and be done with it :D

Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer were the same. Bad interpretation of the characters.

I feel like the best comic book movies are the ones that stay real close to the comics.

The Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2 were decent. Apparently, hardcore fans didn't like them though. I thought they were good but the 2nd one was a bit crowded on the villain side.

The Sam Raimi ones were very good. SM1 & 2 were so cool but the 3rd one was a bit too much.

Now that Spider-Man is back to Marvel Studios, I have high hopes for the character. It's gonna be a second reboot in just over a decade but this one should be really Amazing (pun intended :P)

Apparently it will be Peter Parker again but much younger (15-16 yo). I'm curious to see what's his relation with the likes of Tony Stark, Steve Rogers or Thor is gonna be like.

For someone who spent childhood reading comic books it's amazing seeing them going to movies.

But as stated some of the movies are just bad. The second saga of spider man is prime example, just keep as original and simples…

With Spiderman back with Marvel does that mean the current Avengers series could potentially evole into the New Avengers? The X-Men series is going on it's own path now with its younger characters so Wolverine does need some screen time. 

What is really exciting me is Guardians of the Galaxy introducing Thanos to the big screen, it's only logical that they now include the only character who has defeated him. It's also no coincidence that they have brought out a new comic featuring them too.

In case you're not sure who that character is, it's the legendary Squirrel Girl :D

Oh man, i loved the spider man trilogy!! I was very young when i 1st saw spider man 1. I find tobey meguire very funny ahah. I saw spider man 2 and 3 in the cinema, great movies.

I also have heard The Dark Knight is a fantastic movie. People say the actor who played as Joker did an epic job (i cant remember his name.. His last name is Ledger i think??)... Never been a fan of batman but i want to see that movie.. Ppl say it's really good..

M:AOS is rubbish. Boring as fauq. It's nothing more than a " public servants " show. You would expect an episode with a Thor character to be interesting but nope; terrible. There was more going on in 8 episodes of Agt. Carter than the last season and a half of Shield. :lol: Marvel might have better movies out there, but they suck at tv. Thank god for DC.

Sure Daredevil is a good show, but it's on Netflix which gives them much more freedom and none of that big 4 bs. :rolleyes:

Edited by FragTrap666

5 days to go !!!

I kinda disagree with you about AoS FragTrap. The show is really good right now. It's great world building and it adds a lot of background for hardcore fans like me who follow everything MCU related.

I admit that the first 14 episodes were disappointing. I guess they were trapped by the release of Cap 2 and once the film got released, the show immediately got better. Episodes 14-22 are amazing, thanks a lot to that Hydra plot point.

Agent Carter was amazing though. I had high hopes for it and wasn't disappointed. That character is so awesome! Also Howard Stark :lol:

I finished Daredevil two days ago and it was perfect. The fact that it's on Netflix explains it. Network shows are more or less always the same things, because of networks limits.

Marvel really did good in teaming up with Netflix for their future shows. If Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist are as good as DD, the Defenders mini-series is gonna be incredible !

DC TV shows are great but Agent Carter and DD are better IMO. I still love The Flash and Arrow though. Although Arrow is a bit boring these days. I hope the end of the season will be better (haven't seen ep 19 yet so no spoiler please :D)

The DC Cinematic Universe doesn't look so good. I watched the Batman v Superman trailer and it was a bit meh. Maybe it's because I saw that A-W-E-S-O-M-E Star Wars trailer the day before :D

I hope I'm wrong though and that the movie will be really great. I'm happy with more superhero movies.

Imagine DC can make a movie universe as good as Marvel and in 2034 we'll get to see DC Heroes take on Marvel's !!!! : GRIMACE :

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone saw the season finale of The Flash ?

Amazing hour of TV.

Amazing first season.

Arrow was a bit of a let down but The Flash delivered !

• 1 month later...

I'm also a big fan of comic book movies. Not so keen on the TV shows but I did enjoy Daredevil and adding The Punisher next season is going to be insane!

Tbh didn't enjoy Age of Ultron as much as AA don't know why just didn't. It was still an awesome film don't get me wrong, I just thought the ending wasn't as good as the first.

I'm looking forward to BvS but I'm weary of Affleck's version of Batman, all the pieces look good but it depends how they come together. At least it looks like Aquaman will kick as!

I was disappointed with Spiderman in all the films he's been in so far. He has some of the best villains and all of them have been ruined on the big screen. I think that the last film came close to getting both Peter Parker and Green Goblin right but they were still a little off. Hopefully Marvel's involvement will solve this.

Sorry as you can probably tell I'm a big spidey fan!!

Film I'm looking forward to at the moment?

DEADPOOL!!!!!

Edited by rofur

Ironman was my favorite and Daredevil is amazing. Looking forward to Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. For movies, I hope they do Deadpool right. They call him the 'Merc with a Mouth' for a reason and I think Ryan Reynolds will do a good job. I would def. like to see the Gambit movie be done and Channing Tatum looks like he's the one that should play him. Hope they all turn out great. I tried getting into Agents of SHIELD but couldn't. Flash and Gotham are also great. I think I'm starting to enjoy the shows more than the movies because of how all of the characters are introduced, not just the heroes. I like knowing background stories of who they were and how they became to be even though they sometimes differ from the comics. DC needs to step up with the movies though. It's getting old with just Batman and Superman movies all the time. Wouldn't mind seeing movies with Justice League, Aquaman or Martian Manhunter. Hopefully Wonder Woman turns out good and it would be nice to see a reboot of Green Lantern and work on the Flash movie. Suicide Squad sounds like it will be awesome.

I do feel that Marvel has the advantage though because they have no problem making shows or movies that include other heroes/villains and not repeat.

Just a car enthusiast; Because racecar

:D"Stay true to yourself. Few will accept you. Everyone else can kick rocks!" :D

: NORMAL : 'A GIFT and a CURSE' : FIRE :

• 2 weeks later...

Who saw the comic con trailer for Batman V. Superman ?

It's glorious! Wonder Woman in action !!!

We also got someone interesting news on the TV front.

Oliver Queen is finally becoming Green Arrow in season 4.

Jay Garrick and Wally West coming to The Flash season 2.

Jessica Jones pics featuring Luke Cage.

A new Inhuman in Agents of SHIELD.

Also : Green Lantern Corps movie announced for 2020.

And some awesome footage from Deadpool !

im a massive batman- joker - harley quinn fan :) loved the dark knight trilogy , also like the older ones , like the comics aswell :) loved the 1st avengers , man of steel, iron man ,and i thought daredevil was so so tbh but maybe i need to watch the first season again, i liked smallville in the first couple of seasons, have'nt seen the new spiderman ones but i intend to at some point, but im definitely a batgirl lol

Edited by nicolabellamy77

nicolabellamy77.png

• 3 weeks later...

Say hello to not one but two Deadpool trailers !

A classic one and a R-Rated one :D

Also, first reviews for Fantastic Four are in and apparently the movie sucks big time, as expected.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, I have a bad feeling about it.

I think it's gonna bomb. Granted there are well known actors like Will Smith and Margot Robbie but they are playing characters that are unknown to mainstream audiences.

I find it a bit weird that Warner Bros would make a Squad movie before movies about characters like Flash, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern.

Weird way to launch their cinematic universe, even if it will be kicked off by Batman V. Superman in march.

I feel that it's too crowded with too many characters. Which means less time to introduce them all and get good backgrounds.

I hope these guys know what they're doing and I hope the scenes with Batman and the Joker will attract a broader audience.

For the sake of superhero movies in general, I hope Warner Bros/DC can deliver. Don't wanna see another Fantastic Flop :P

By the way, we have thread about superhero movies and TV shows here :

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/6406-super-heroes-movies-tv-shows/

Edited by Fido_le_muet

I've seen good and I've seen bad. As with everything popular the market is becoming saturated. Disney loves to milk their cows til the teats fall off. One day the bubble is going to burst.

• 2 months later...

Anybody watching Jessica Jones ?

It just started airing on Netflix today and it's really good. Like Daredevil good.

I'm at episode 4 right now but I really like it. :)

While we're at it, what do you guys think about the new seasons of The Flash, Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ?

Personnaly, I think they're all upping their game. Flash was already pretty good so it's basically the same. But they're introducing crazy comic booky storylines for season 2. Crazy !

Arrow is slowly becoming the great show it was during its 2nd season. Season 3 is great so far !

But the best show right now is definitely S.H.I.E.L.D. Truly amazing storytelling, it's fast-paced, smart, actors are really good.

TV shows usually like to ask questions and make us wait a whole season to find answers (if they even do). In SHIELD, when there's a question, you get the answer in the next episode. That's brilliant.

Plus they're in deep Hydra / SHIELD mytho right now, making their corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe all the more interesting and all the more important.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are now totally integrated in the MCU. It's a pleasure to watch this story unfold every week.