MLB

G37

Ha, and you thought I was talking about LN.

Going off of Burger's topic, Major League Baseball kicked off the 2015 season a few days ago. We have any fans of the sport here? Anyone go to any games? Have a long distance favorite or home town team?

I'm a Red Sox fan. I've gone to a fair number of games over the years in Boston as well as Toronto back when I lived in New York. And that's right, I'm from New York and I'm not a Yankees fan. Coincidentally enough, tonight (just started about 15 minutes ago) begins yet another bout of one of the most storied rivalries in all of sports: Red Sox vs Yankees.

So, am I alone in liking baseball here (other than LN and Furdog)?

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I follow baseball the phillies are actually the only home town team i root for. I usually attend a few games during the year especially now that they stink and tickets are cheap. I do however find it hard to sit down and watch a full game i usually watch a few innings change channel then flip back. I will say i used to just follow the phillies untill about 5 years ago when the guys i work with started doing a fantasy baseball league. Now i keep up with most players in the league and always check scores and stats from games in the morning

I like baseball, but don't follow it religiously or anything like that.  Grew up in Wisconsin, so everyone was a Brewers fan.  Kind of like the Packers.  Never been to a Brewers game though.  When we lived in Phoenix, we went to Chase stadium (I think that's the name of it still) a couple of times to eat at the TGI Friday's or Applebee's.  I really don't remember which restaurant was in the stadium.  Anyway, the couple of times we were there, some of the guys from the Diamondbacks were practicing.  And, of course, a lot of the teams do their spring training in Phoenix.

It's honestly just too damn hot here to go to a game without coming home with a sunburn.

Die hard Toronto Blue Jays fan here. Only team here in Canada. I live 1.5 hours from stadium, but only get to games once or twice a year. Price of food tickets here are ridiculous ! It's been a long time since we won the back to back series, looking forward to that glory once again.

• Like 1

Growing up in CT, I became a fan of the Mets as a child. I've been to a few games over the years, but don't get too many opportunities to attend games now that I live in NC.

Ha, and you thought I was talking about LN.

Going off of Burger's topic, Major League Baseball kicked off the 2015 season a few days ago. We have any fans of the sport here? Anyone go to any games? Have a long distance favorite or home town team?

I'm a Red Sox fan. I've gone to a fair number of games over the years in Boston as well as Toronto back when I lived in New York. And that's right, I'm from New York and I'm not a Yankees fan. Coincidentally enough, tonight (just started about 15 minutes ago) begins yet another bout of one of the most storied rivalries in all of sports: Red Sox vs Yankees.

So, am I alone in liking baseball here (other than LN and Furdog)?

Sorry man, I started reading this and fell asleep...

• Like 1

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

Sorry man, I started reading this and fell asleep...

Where's the dislike button?

:lol:

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Red Sox nation here.

Good start for us. Beating the Phillies and the Yanks in the first two series.

Shame about Vazquez though, but Mookie is a beast.

• Like 1

I'm really glad you're not a Yankees fan.  I knew that already, but it's always good to be reminded. :P

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the Detroit Tigers, but I haven't been to any games in quite sometime.  In fact, the last time I saw them play, they were still at old Tiger Stadium.  Also, I don't live in Michigan, so going to a game would be a huge task given the fact that I live on the West Coast.  Yes, that's right, I'm from the West Coast, but I don't like any West Coast teams.  Baseball isn't a huge thing where I live, but I have always loved it and I actually grew up playing it.

Since we are in separate divisions, I have nothing against the Red Sox or Red Sox fans, and have actually been to a couple of games at Fenway when I was younger.  Don't even get me started on A-Rod and the Yankees though...

Good to see more baseball fans here! :D

Just bought my first tickets of the year today to see the Minnesota Twins play the Milwaukee Brewers here in Milwaukee. I'm a fan of both teams but will always be a Twins fan first. I'll probably go to 4 or so games this year.

• Like 1

kQ4fIRp.png

Blue Jays / Seattle Mariners fan here :) Coming from B.C. I had the best of both worlds....until I moved to the UK where snooker is their equivalent to Baseball :unsure2:.  I used to stay up all night watching the world series every year, until they started charging it as pay per view, which was weird because they never showed any other baseball related shows on tv :blink: