Spotify for Playstation

OMG yes!!  :D

This makes me so happy.  I can finally listen to music while gaming again and not get annoyed with the same old songs that play over and over again in GTA.

I'm loving it so much, you need the app on your phone or tablet so can change music during the game but it's simple to use. Going to listen to a lot more music now. 

Just found out that the volume buttons on your iPhone changes the level of audio in game. Awesome for getting the balance right between SFX and music.

Edited by Squirrel_Army
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for pointing this out, Squirrel.  I'm downloading the app on my tablet right now and will be messing around with Spotify on the PS4.  Can't wait.  :D

You poor people might have to deal with me singing along to songs now.  :lol:

OK, I have a weird type of mic and not sure if I can control the volume of my music and voices.  I'll probably go deaf.  My tablet (Samsung) doesn't let me control the volume since I have it coming through my headphones.  It has its own volume/bass controls.  I'm curious to see what happens when I have the music on and others are talking.

Got it.  I had to actually have the app open and adjust the volume for the music.  Just pressing the volume controls on the side didn't work like I wanted.  I appreciate the guys who let me jump into their party chat to test it out too.  :P

PS4 only as far as I know. Sony giving PS3 users another incentive to upgrade. At least it's Playstation exclusive, there are no plans at the moment to take it to the eggbox.

• Like 1

This is not available to use ingame on PS3?

Doesn't sound like it.  :(

I don't think the PS3 has that type of capability.  It would be nice if it did though.

• Like 1

PS4 only as far as I know. Sony giving PS3 users another incentive to upgrade. At least it's Playstation exclusive, there are no plans at the moment to take it to the eggbox.

I liked this post. For what reason, Im unsure. I want the 3 to be able to use Spotify ingame. but its not your fault Squirrel. At least not this time.  :D

Doesn't sound like it.   :(

I don't think the PS3 has that type of capability.  It would be nice if it did though.

I liked this post as well. Again unsure why.

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

It works great.  Second best thing on PS4... first best is party chat and the voice quality it gives us.

Cool! Party chat is great for Heists. It wold suck without it.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Alright, I'm old so I don't know what spotify is. I'm also lazy, so can't be arsed to find out. I also have the attention span of something without much of an attention span, so.........would someone be kind enough to explain it, do I have to register? Can I access any song that ever was? Can I create my own playlists?

Why Sony can't just let me play my own music I don't know (an incentive NOT to upgrade to ps4 :P)

TIA

• Like 2

Alright, I'm old so I don't know what spotify is. I'm also lazy, so can't be arsed to find out. I also have the attention span of something without much of an attention span, so.........would someone be kind enough to explain it, do I have to register? Can I access any song that ever was? Can I create my own playlists?

Yes you have to register, I'm guessing to play it on PS4 you would have to pay (I haven't looked into it so can't confirm). You can use it free on your PC/laptop but get annoying ads after every few songs. 

& no, there is no Taylor Swift  : CRY :

Yes, you can create your own playlists.

Will have to get this...  I've never heard of it either. How much does it cost?

I believe it is £10 a month for premium, I'm sure there is a cheaper option but I can't find it. I got an email offering me 3 months for £10 so I started paying again.

You can also get a months premium as a free trial at the start :)

• Like 3

I have used spotify before (premium, because ads drive me crazy) and I've hated it for a while for forcing me to link it to Facebook. But this is goood, I like that you can (or have to?) use your phone to control it :D Will be using this 

• Like 1

It's free for the basic membership.  If you want it to be ad free, it's $10/mo.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  Make it a few bucks a month, and yeah, maybe I'd pay for it.  Not $10 though.  That's taking food out of my kid's mouth.  :lol:

You don't have to use your phone or tablet to control it while listening on the PS4.  It does make it a lot easier though.  Otherwise you have to press the PS button and go into the app while in whatever game you're playing to adjust things.

I didn't use it last night while in regular game chat because I couldn't hear some people clearly with the music playing.  Party chat was just fine though since everyone sounds louder and clearer.