F1 2015

DavidCore89

Codemasters announces F1 2015 for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

I'm really excited to see a release date (June 12th) for the latest installment of this awesome racing game.

Codemasters have produced some fantastic arcade style racers over the years, but their F1 games were always on another level to other titles.

The all-new game engine is definitely something to look forward to.

Info:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-26-codemasters-announces-f1-2015-for-pc-ps4-xbox-one

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/03/f1-2015/

"The handling is a vast improvement from our previous games. In particular our new tyre model is a superb step forward towards realism, letting you explore where the limit is and allowing you to instantly feel much more connected with the car. You can now experience the changes in grip caused by temperature changes, wear, car set-up, debris and weather conditions."

Will anyone in the crew be playing this on PS4?

• Like 2

I'll most likely be playing it at some stage, DC.  Didn't buy it in 2013 or last year, so I am missing it a bit. 

Just not sure if I'll get it at release or wait a month or two when it hits the bargain bins.  :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love F1 & love playing it, but I've always been left feeling disappointed with every F1 game so far. (going back to the late 90's)  

There just always seems to be that one major issue with every release.

It's either the poor damage physics, the underwhelming presentation/format, the idiotic AI or just the unrealistic driving physics etc.

It seems like every year they talk about improvements to this or enhancements to that, then they go & stuff something else up instead.  :(

I really hope the new game engine can make some genuine improvements across the board though.

EDIT.

What the hell do Eurogamer mean by "improved fuel tank physics"  :lol:

Edited by no_snacks

I'll most likely be playing it at some stage, DC.  Didn't buy it in 2013 or last year, so I am missing it a bit. 

Just not sure if I'll get it at release or wait a month or two when it hits the bargain bins.  :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love F1 & love playing it, but I've always been left feeling disappointed with every F1 game so far. (going back to the late 90's)  

There just always seems to be that one major issue with every release.

It's either the poor damage physics, the underwhelming presentation/format, the idiotic AI or just the unrealistic driving physics etc.

It seems like every year they talk about improvements to this or enhancements to that, then they go & stuff something else up instead.  :(

I really hope the new game engine can make some genuine improvements across the board though.

EDIT.

What the hell do Eurogamer mean by "improved fuel tank physics"  :lol:

Lol I think Eurogamer are referring to the fuel tank in 2013... It would give an incorrect reading after switching from a rich mix down to lean, often causing player to think they have another lap left, for it to run out before reaching the pit lane.

The old fuel tank physics also needed a bit more realism in terms of pace, a full tank should be a lot slower than a player coming to the end of their stint, but in the past it was just handling that was affected by loads of fuel.

For me, the AI need a big improvement, I shouldn't be passing 5 cars in one corner on expert difficulty.

The damage in the 2013 game was OK... But most online lobbies will use minimal damage, so they can hit a wall and keep going... I prefer the damage set to realistic, so if you hit a wall, it's game over.

I didn't buy 2014 as I felt it was a re-skinned version of 2013, but the new game engine along with the increased capabilities of the PS4 means they could produce a really solid game this year... Hopefully.

• Like 1

haha....yeah, that fuel tank issue would've sucked.

Good to hear they've improved the damage physics.  Gives me hope that the game will be worth getting this year.

There were several issues with the last game I played. (2012 I think)

On most tracks I could nearly lap the field in a Caterham, but the lap times at Catalunya were so messed up that I struggled to win a race there, even in the Red Bull.  :lol:

Also, when coming up to a back-marker, the AI would slow down so much on a straight that they'd almost come to a complete stop.  You'd just plough into the back of them if you were paying attention.  :lol:

Haven't raced F1 online before, so I'll probably buy it this year & give that a go.  Sounds interesting.

haha....yeah, that fuel tank issue would've sucked.

Good to hear they've improved the damage physics.  Gives me hope that the game will be worth getting this year.

There were several issues with the last game I played. (2012 I think)

On most tracks I could nearly lap the field in a Caterham, but the lap times at Catalunya were so messed up that I struggled to win a race there, even in the Red Bull.  :lol:

Also, when coming up to a back-marker, the AI would slow down so much on a straight that they'd almost come to a complete stop.  You'd just plough into the back of them if you were paying attention.  :lol:

Haven't raced F1 online before, so I'll probably buy it this year & give that a go.  Sounds interesting.

I didn't play much of 2012, but lapping was always an issue with 2013... The AI are just far too cautious.

Cool, hopefully I'll see you on the track (and a few other crew members)  :).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'd be interested in this, I haven't owned a dedicated racer since Gran Turismo 1. I'll decide based on those who gets it feedback on the game.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'd be interested in this, I haven't owned a dedicated racer since Gran Turismo 1. I'll decide based on those who gets it feedback on the game.

It's a good game, but F1 is dedicated to squeezing every fraction of a second out of the car, so it can be quite full on... Car setup plays a huge part as well.

I'm looking forward to it, I'll probably rejoin a racing league.

1080p on PS4 while XB1 is only getting 900p.

60FPS is the target and they've apparently got it very close.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-16-f1-2015-will-be-1080p-on-ps4-900p-on-xbox-one

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure yet. If I get it, it will be on PC though.

Looks tempting as an F1 fanatic. If Project Cars doesn't get the job done in terms of F1, I might go for it.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Have you seen the gameplay video on youtube yet??

What's your opinion guys??

Edited by PapOiteE

Not sure yet. If I get it, it will be on PC though.

Looks tempting as an F1 fanatic. If Project Cars doesn't get the job done in terms of F1, I might go for it.

I don't think the handling data on the F1 cars on Project cars is accurate.

Running 7/7 aero wings shouldn't give a better lap time than 1/9 aero wings on Silverstone International.

Same with Monte Carlo... Ideally 11/11 aero wings would give the car incredible downforce, but it makes very little difference compared to the 7/7 standard setup.

Something is definitely not right with the setup of those cars.

Have you seen the gameplay video on youtube yet??

What's your opinion guys??

It looks very nice, shame the dude testing couldn't get to grips with the car.