Concerts

SeymorScagneti

I can't see the 'What are you listening to right now' thread because of all the YouTube videos, so please don't merge this thread with that one.

What was your first concert?

What was the last concert your went to?

What was your favorite concert?

What was the worse concert you went to?

What was the best concert you went to?

What was the craziest concert you went to?

Is there a band/singer you've never seen live that you want to see or wished you did?

First concert = Rollins Band, Helmet, and Sausage...East L.A., California

Last concert = took my son to see Muse...Phoenix, AZ

Fav concert = Rage Against the Machine...Austin, TX

Worse concert = Snoop Dog and Ludacris...Honolulu, HI

Best concert = Page and Plant...Inglewood, CA

Craziest concert = Ozzfest...guy in a wheelchair in the mosh pit...San Antonio, TX

Band I never saw but wish I did = the original Sublime

• Like 3

Haven't been to many concerts in my life but here goes : 

First : Wasn't a proper concert but a festival. It was awesome. It was in Belgium at Rock Werchter 2005. Me and my ex travelled all the way from western France to go there. We didn't know what to expect and boy, we weren't disappointed! It was amazing mainly thanks to the insane belgians/germans/dutchs that were there. It was a little scary at first being among all these hairy beer fanatics (I was 19 and it was my first trip by myself) but we quickly got in the mood. We saw Simple Plan, KT Tunstall, Garbage, Jimmy Eat World, Within Temptation, Velvet Revolver and Green Day. We left just before Faithless though. Simple Plan was great (on of my fav band at the time). KT Tunstall was meh, Garbage was awesome, Jimmy Eat World was OK. Within Temptation was amazing. Didn't know them at the time but I loved them ever since. Velvet Revolver was ok and Green Day was A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!! Huge pogo at the start of the show! Took me by surprise. So much fun ! Wish I could go back for the full festival.
Last : Muse at Stade de France in june 2013. 
Fav : Muse (saw them 4 times :D) at Zenith de Nantes back in 2012. Better than their stadium concerts because the hall was smaller and the crowd was better.
Worst : Muse at Lille in 2009. Crowd sucked and the concert hall was crap. Air conditionning wasn't working and people were getting queasy and fainting... Crowd really sucked, most didn't know the band at all and weren't participating. Bad atmo :(
Best : Muse at Nantes. 
Craziest : Green Day at Rock Werchter 2005. Crazy drunken dutchs FTW :lol: 
Is there a band/singer you've never seen live that you want to see or wished you did?

The list would be too long. I wish I could have seen Michael Jackson. Even if he was just a shadow of his true self in the end. I hope I get to see Depeche Mode, AC/DC, Metallica one day. Wish I could have seen Queen. Would like to see guys like Arctic Monkeys, Bon Jovi, Daft Punk, Hard-Fi, Kasabian (saw them just before Muse but there was a sound problem and couldn't hear much), Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• Like 3

Best concert: Metallica in Lisbon 1992. They were in best shape ever and been the first time in Lisbon with full stadium was just unbelievable

Iron Maiden in cascais, portugal, small venue awesome

Worst concert is Guns and roses in Lisbon, axel rose was total wasted, fell on stage, could not play the piano on november rain, left the stage one point, even the support act i thing was suicidal tendency were better.

Those are the ones on my youth early twenties years. Right now i'am more of garage bands and summer festivals.

Last concert …wait …Rhiana 02 arena, London

My wife request and having a crash on her kind of help getting trough but my wife already planning our next one, which will be…

I was a festival junkie before a started a family i went a lot of them some still imprinted on my memory, U2 is one of them but as you do in summer festival most of them i can't even remember due to being so wasted.

• Like 2

What was your first concert?

Lita Ford, Y&T and Twisted Sister at the Palladium in Hollywood

What was the last concert your went to?

Social Distortion and Foo Fighters at the Boston Garden

What was your favorite concert?

Nirvana, Pearl Jam opening for the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the L.A. Sports arena (this was Ten era PJ)

What was the worse concert you went to?

Scorpions & Ozzy Osborne when they were well past their prime :(

What was the best concert you went to?

Pearl Jam at the Boston Garden (2006-ish)

What was the craziest concert you went to?

Social Distortion at a tiny, packed club in Fresno.

Amy Lee/Evanescence

Edited by Beez620
  • Like 3

Worst concert is Guns and roses in Lisbon, axel rose was total wasted, fell on stage, could not play the piano on november rain, left the stage one point, even the support act i thing was suicidal tendency were better

GnR was supposed to open for Iron Maiden at a show I went to in Los Angeles. They couldn't even go on and L. A. Guns opened instead.  :lol: 

• Like 1

What was your first concert? - Joan Jett (headliner) with Britny Fox (opener), I think this was in '89. It was also the first time for smokin some green for me. I don't remember much....

What was the last concert your went to? - Martina McBride (headliner) with Neil McCoy (opener), I'm not huge into country music, but Martina has the best live voice I have ever heard and I have been to shit loads of concerts.

What was your favorite concert? - Metallica, 1992 in Indianapolis. These guys know how to put on a concert. And OMG the weed and girls you can find at one of their concerts.....

What was the worse concert you went to? Slaughter, they were opening for Tesla. Absolute shit live.

What was the best concert you went to? - (See fav concert)

What was the craziest concert you went to? - Jackyl, got into a huge fight right in front of the stage, police said there was 20 of us involoved. I came out with some stiches and was charged with stabbing a guy in the ribs and shoulder. Wasn't convicted cuz they couldn't prove I did it.

Is there a band/singer you've never seen live that you want to see or wished you did? - AC/DC

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

What was your first concert? Lollapalooza (first year)

What was the last concert your went to? Slipknot

What was your favorite concert? Hole at a little club in Charlotte, NC

What was the worse concert you went to? Soundgarden. Chris Cornell was in a bad mood.  Also Barenaked Ladies

What was the best concert you went to? Hole at a little club in Charlotte, NC

What was the craziest concert you went to? Hole at a little club in Charlotte, NC

Is there a band/singer you've never seen live that you want to see or wished you did? Kurt Cobain

• Like 3

I've been to a total of 2 concerts in my life, besides going to Summerfest in Milwaukee or a music act at a county fair.

First concert: Megadeth

Last concert: ZZTop

Favorite: ZZTop

Worst: Megadeath (by default)

I've never really enjoyed going to actual concerts, much rather go to festivals or see bands at a fair.

• Like 3

kQ4fIRp.png

What was your first concert? Metallica, Dublin - Ireland

What was your favorite concert? Chili Peppers - Stadium Of Light. Rihanna - Stadium Of Light. Bon Jovi - Stadium Of Light.  Coldplay - Stadium Of Light. Bruce Springsteen - Stadium Of Light. All of the concerts at the stadium of light ive been to see. Some not out of choice... Take that with the girlfriend and also Celine Dion at Caesars Palace :/

What was the worst concert you went to? The girlfriend wanted to go and see Elton John at the Metro Radio Arena and I really didn't want to go, not my sort of music. Eventually gave in. Thought this was going to be crap (not my sort of music) but it was one of the best concerts ive been too. Never been to any bad concerts. Oh Meatloaf walked off stage once, that was a shock

What was the best concert you went to? Chilli Peppers - Stadium Of Light

Is there a band/singer you've never seen live that you want to see or wished you did? U2, Robert Plant, The Who, Pink Floyd, Amy Winehouse, The Doors

Next concert - The Foo Fighters at the Stadium of Light in May

Ive also done some festivals aswell, Glastonbury and the Leeds festival. Both of these were really good fun from what I can remember lol

Edited by markt112
  • Like 2

What was your first concert? Actually can't remember, probably some local band in a local pub or festival ... First proper one was Channel Zero, belgian metal band at Rock Werchter.

What was the last concert your went to? Kyuss in the Ancienne Belgique and a local artist playing in a church. Both great concerts.

What was your favorite concert? There's many many many: The Herbaliser, Lamb, Faith No More, Chili Peppers, Cinematic Orchestra, The National, Kyuss, Fever Ray, Tom Waits, Metallica, Chemical Brothers, the list goes on and on .....

What was the worse concert you went to? Saw the start of a gig from Oasis once on a festival. We literally ran away. It was just terrible: very bad musicians, crap songs, no soul and the singer had the most annoying voice and actually couldn't sing at all. I just wanted to jump on that stage and pull the plug just to make it stop. Still get a spontaneous headache thinking back at it...  Sounded very much like my table saw in my workshop at home.

What was the best concert you went to? Cf. favorite concerts. Just too many.

What was the craziest concert you went to? Faith No More and Chili Peppers.  These guys know how to rock AND entertain. Brilliant !

Is there a band/singer you've never seen live that you want to see or wished you did? In no specific order: Rory Gallagher, Jacques Brel, Robert Johnson, Django Reinhardt, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zep in their early days, Rachmaninov, AC/DC, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, The Who, Deep Purple, The Animals (basically all the great 60' and 70's bands) ....

Edited by ronin
  • Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Craziest : Green Day at Rock Werchter 2005. Crazy drunken dutchs FTW :lol: 

I was one of those long haired bearded beer drinking Belgians :D Green Day and Faithless were really good.

Edited by ronin
  • Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Really you were there?

That's so cool thinking we were at the same place at the same time. :)

I left at the beginning of the Faithless gig. We were camping in the Ghent region...

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 3

Really you were there?

That's so cool thinking we were at the same place at the same time. :)

I left at the beginning of the Faithless gig. We were camping in the Ghent region...

Yup :) We were camping a few miles away from the festival, like we always did (Camping C). That Faithless gig was phenomenal. Think they even were the closing act on Friday IIRC. The Chemical Brothers act that I was referring to in my post was from the day before !

Did Rock Werchter quite a lot of times in that period.  Pretty much done every belgian festival back then actually :D The great thing over here is that in summer time there is some festival going on every single week(end) like Pukkelpop, Rock Werchter, Tomorrowland, Jazz, Blues, Reggae, Graspop Metal Meeting, Couleur Cafe, Cactus, Dour, Lokerse Feesten, Gentse Feesten, ... anything between 1000 and 100.000 spectators and every possible style of music.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Yeah Faithless was the closing act. You belgian have some awesome summer festivals. A lot of them are among the biggest ones in europe.

Abit disappointed with the rock werchter line up over the years. More and more commercial stuff and less and less real rock. Too mainstream now. Lady Gaga or Rihanna don't belong here !

• Like 1

One group that was surprisingly good live was Prodigy. I was never in to them or that kind of music until I saw them at Lollapalooza like, 17 or 18 years ago.

I almost had to take my daughter to One Direction a few months ago but thankfully, my gf rescued me.

What was your first concert? Ozzfest 2003 San Bernardino CA. Great, great lineup, like Rob Zombie, Andrew W.K., Mushroohead, SOAD, Down, Meshuggah, Soil, Flaw and Down.

What was the last concert your went to? Primus, and it was fantastic! I have never been to a show where an entire crowd was rocking it just as hard as the band.

What was your favorite concert? For personal reasons, my favorite concert was The Cure, Mexico City 2008. It was one of those show where i was looking at the band perform and for a second forgot who i was, where i was. Simply beautiful show.

What was the worse concert you went to? Jason Mraz and Cake. Dont judge me, we men do crazy things to keep our women happy lol.

A close second has to be Back to Basics 2012 though. Some of the best underground hip hop on display. The Pharcyde and Dilated Peoples as well as 2 of the best beat jugguling djs in Dj Rhytmatic and  Dj Babu. They were amazing but the crowd was so wack. On more than one occassion an artist had to come out and force people to clap, it was pathetic i was embarassed to be among that crowd.

What was the best concert you went to? System of A Down "reunion" tour. The concert so good i saw them twice lol. Travelled to San Francisco and saw them there and then travelled to San Diego and caught them there a week later. 

What was the craziest concert you went to? Crystal Castles 2013.Alot of innappropriately "rave" dressed young ladies moshing out like they were at a Metallica concert lol. I got punched in the back of the head by a girl wearing yellow crossing tape as a bra and leather shorts shorts that were SEVERAL sizes to small for her. I ended up apoligizing to her because thats how socially awkward i am hahaha great night.

Danzig singing the Misfits featuring Doyle is a close second. I saw a dudes glass eye pop out because the music was so loud, so yeah.

Is there a band/singer you've never seen live that you want to see or wished you did?  Depeche Mode. I want to see Depeche Mode live so bad. Ive been to so many shows and concerts and for me not being able to see my favorite band of all time kills me. Id probably cry if i saw them live. Other artist include Korn, RHCP, The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Pantera, Stevie Ray Vaughn,The Smiths, Pink Floyd, Genesis (with Phil or Peter or BOTH!) and the greatest prog band no ones heard of, IQ.

• Like 3

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.