How do you view the website while gaming?

ScottyB

This is just a quick poll to see how everyone uses this site while gaming.

If I have missed any options let me know and I'll add it :)

Thanks!

scottyb1988.jpg

Gone for Laptop as that's what I use mainly while gaming but I do use my phone as well especially if I'm using the playstation app for messaging. 

• Like 1

I use a pair of 37" screens that are side-by-side in my music studio.

These days it's often the quietest place in the house.

The reason for dual monitors? When I can be bothered to make music, some software, techniques and Skype collaborations are made much easier by using dual monitors.

• Like 2

I use a pair of 37" screens that are side-by-side in my music studio.

These days it's often the quietest place in the house.

The reason for dual monitors? When I can be bothered to make music, some software, techniques and Skype collaborations are made much easier by using dual monitors.

Awesome! So do you have another screen that you game on too? I have a 55" screen in my living room and just use my iPad for the website and sometimes phone for the psn app.

I have a desktop in another room with a 27" monitor that could be a pretty good gaming PC but rarely use it.

scottyb1988.jpg

Laptop for me, but I typically don't view the site and game at the same to much. At best I just listen to the shoutbox "ping" for any new shouts if I am hosting.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Awesome! So do you have another screen that you game on too? I have a 55" screen in my living room and just use my iPad for the website and sometimes phone for the psn app.

I have a desktop in another room with a 27" monitor that could be a pretty good gaming PC but rarely use it.

I wish I had a bigger screen, but that won't be until I can get a pair of 42" screens to use in the same way as I do now. The big 55" screen in the living room doesn't work with my headset and my dogs kick off way too many times per day (one of them really dislikes me).

The screens are on my desk and I sit less than a metre away, so a large screen probably wouldn't suit me.

• Like 1

I have to use my phone while playing. My PS3 is in the basement of my house and my pc is on the main floor. I don't own a laptop and my daughter has the only tablet that we own. Luckily my phone displays the non-mobile version of the sight so that makes it a little bit easier.

• Like 2

kQ4fIRp.png

I use my laptop and I have both this site and RSC open about 99.9% of the time when playing.

I only use the phone while at work or when I'm not at home. I'm typing this on the phone right now and it's kind of a pain in the ass since my phone is more or less a dinosaur.

I have never owned a tablet of any type unless you count the ones that have paper and require a pen.

• Like 1

Laptop.

I type 80 wpm, so using a tablet/phone to communicate with all of you takes way too long.  I really only use my laptop while gaming on Mondays or any other day I fill in to host for someone else.  Otherwise I just don't bother with it.

Mosty, I use the tablet.

I also use my phone when the GF is on the tablet.

I do have a desktop PC in the same room (3-4m from the TV) so sometimes I use that.

I have a small chair with wheels so I slide across the room when I'm alone. :D

I often use the shoutbox while playing because of all the servers issues. It's a must to figure out what is going on when a player isn't responding or to check if you haven't been kicked yourself...

• Like 1

I picked phone, because I've used it that way in the past, but the reality is that while I'm in a session I rarely ever look at the website.

• Like 1

Piece of shit iPad if I'm hosting something.

Found a pic of DC's gaming room:

hqdefault.jpg

:lol:

LOVE that movie.

"When did I get a message?"

Piece of shit iPad if I'm hosting something.

Found a pic of DC's gaming room:

hqdefault.jpg

Probably closer to this

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I generally monitor the shoutboc thru my phone while gaming.

actually use my phone for all website stuff unless im at work then i use work computer

I use my phone but i want to go dual like DC because i prefer being on an actual computer so much more. I have a desktop in my room but no tv so when im gaming Im in the living room or my brothers room.

I have been looking into going dual, especially since its so much easier to work with when doing sound replacement work which i want to get into. Id have one monitor displaying just the video and another one for my DAW. 

I also want to try and connect one of the monitors to my PS4 so that way i could play in my room. I feel bad too b/c Im always in my brothers room late at night playing GTAO while hes trying to get sleep lol

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

I'm surprised at all the people using a phone, it's soo hard to use! I have an iPhone 6 which is a fairly decent size and it's so akward to use.

I used to have a laptop but the graphics card burnt out and you need to replace the whole motherboard to fix it which would be worth a new computer. So I got a new desktop computer as I already had a tablet :)

Wait until you PS3 guys upgrade to ps4! Such a better system, so much easier and quicker to use the messaging system and party chat! Makes communicating very easy without the site :) but obviously the site makes it very easy if you have the right hardware :P

I wanted to get a dual setup for my pc (I think I still can down the track easy enough) but for me I have no practical use for it so spending an extra few hundred on a another screen isn't worth it for me. The 27" is pretty cool that if you want you can have 2 windows open side by side and they will be as big as an A4 page each, bu for more technical stuff 2 screens would be heaps better.

scottyb1988.jpg

I always use the laptop.

I'm playing on the telly with the laptop in front of me on the sofa.  The website is pretty much always on when online and I also use the laptop for charging headphones and controller.

Don't have a tablet or desktop and I rarely use my phone. At work I use my work laptop if I want to check the site.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg