merryweather ambush

scottay

hi people made a tdm for the elysian playlist its my first creation would love some people to test it and give me some advise so i can make it better and get an idea on my next creation thanks.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/scottayisme/games/gtav/jobs/job/qatxUmH7fEe_SC22U-__xA?platformId=11

Edited by scottay
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This seemed like a really large map for only being able to hold 16 players.  You could easily make this a map for 30, I think.  I'd suggest taking the melee weapons out and replacing them with guns.  No one is going to use a baseball bat against someone with an assault rifle or RPG.

Good job with this map.  :)

• Like 1

It's a pretty solid first attempt though, so don't think it isn't. You can definitely build upon that here in future creations.

For this one though, I agree. Some minor editing of existing weapons.

I also don't recall any props, which isn't to say that's a bad thing. Propless maps are something I'm quite fond of, but in this case, I think it could benefit from some area appropriate (not hay barrels in the middle of an industrial/dock location) props for cover. There's some no man's land in the middle and I think if you introduce some props for cover, it'll feel a little better. This would also allow you to spread the spawns a bit all over instead of divorcing them into 2 large bodies.

You can definitely make use of that entire peninsula so don't be afraid to expand up into the 30 player range. There's some really cool areas you can walk in and around and would layer in nicely. Just be weary that if you do, that's 60 spawns and every single one must be used so think about their location and avoid over crowding any area/over saturating it. I'd probably also avoid putting spawns on roof tops but by all means if you want to introduce some weaponry with an obvious way to reach it (with or without props), by all means.

Considering in your description you mentioned this was a car sale gone wrong/import of them, introduce some vehicles perhaps .. some MW jeeps and maybe some nice sports cars or sedans. Keep that aspect classy though.

Really good start though.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I really like this one. Didnt realise it was your first attempt, so very well done!

I think you need props in the middle as there it is very hard to move around with such open areas.

There is also a sniper placed on top of a building with no way to get on it.. I ran around the building several times trying to find a way up. Im guessing you need a vehicle to place near it to get up. IMO thats not a good thing to do. Also, with snipers I prefer to keep them away from where they will be used.

For example, with it on the roof, I can camp there for the entire match and keep picking up the same rifle. I prefer to place it back on the ground so that they have to keep moving up and down when they run out of ammo which helps deter people from continually sniping for the whole match.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

• 9 months later...