Do you enjoy your job?

ScottyB

1. What do you do and do you enjoy your job? If so why?

2. Do you run your own business (or have you)? Do you do this by yourself or with a partner? How do you stay motivated to do it?

3. Assuming most people work for someone else, have you ever consider running your own business? Why or why not?

My answers;

1. I am a carpenter and have studied further to become a builder so I can run construction sites. It has its moments as with any job. But more and more I am wondering if I am on the right path or if there is something better.

2. Yes (currently) and by myself. I am struggling with motivation at the moment. I have had a lot of events happen to push me in this direction and am thinking to go and work for someone else for a while until I can get it back and am more ready for it.

3. I dont really like being told what to do. I did have a particularly bad experience with previous employers which has pushed me into this mindset. I will respect and listen to someone who is competent at their jobs, but sadly most people aren't. This is what makes it hard for me to work for other people, as most people are incompetent and will not listen to other ideas (my way or highway attitude)

• Like 4

scottyb1988.jpg

1.  I'm not employed by anyone.  I'm a stay-at-home mom and deal with all household things.  There are days that I wish I had a job outside of the house again.  It's hard work staying home and taking care of kids 24/7.  Especially on really stressful days when they both want to throw tantrums, whine, cry, not nap, etc.  So, no, I don't always enjoy my "job".

2.  N/A

3.  Not really interested in my own business.  I'd rather work for someone else.

• Like 3

I am a software engineer for a printing company. I do enjoy my job, a lot. I get to stay home in the morning and come home early in the afternoon so that I am home before and after school for my daughter. I just have to sign in from home and work some. I also don't have any issues with time off, leaving early at times. I also finally get to start some web app development as soon as I finish my Mexico project and will be joining a new team as well.

2. Do you run your own business (or have you)? Do you do this by yourself or with a partner? How do you stay motivated to do it?

Have never owned my own business.

3. Assuming most people work for someone else, have you ever consider running your own business? Why or why not?

I have not thought about owning my own business. It would be nice to be my own boss but it would also not be nice to have all of the extra responsibility. I'm the type of person that likes to forget about work when I'm done for the day.

• Like 2

kQ4fIRp.png

I am a software engineer for a printing company. I do enjoy my job, a lot. I get to stay home in the morning and come home early in the afternoon so that I am home before and after school for my daughter. I just have to sign in from home and work some. I also don't have any issues with time off, leaving early at times. I also finally get to start some web app development as soon as I finish my Mexico project and will be joining a new team as well.

Have never owned my own business.

I have not thought about owning my own business. It would be nice to be my own boss but it would also not be nice to have all of the extra responsibility. I'm the type of person that likes to forget about work when I'm done for the day.

Sounds like a cool job. You also have a lot of freedom already so it seems to work out well.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

1. What do you do and do you enjoy your job? If so why 

I'm in charge of a verification and monitoring center, i check every political party spot on  local radio stations. Most of the time is an easy job because all the hard work is automated. I like my job because it let me do what i most like, that is play video-games haha. But occasionally it can become really stressful like in this week we are renewing servers and the bastard don't want to work the right way hahaha.

No i don't have business of my own.  I have 10 co-workers but they are in different places of the state. I play to stay motivated hehe.

Yes i would like to have my own business. Maybe a bar where i can serve my famous Nacheladas :D  (Micheladas).

• Like 3

1. I'm a software engineer and currently working with integrations (ESB). I do enjoy my work because everyday you get to learn and do something new. As a negative side I have to sit at computer 8 hours a day and working in IT has made me lose my freetime interest in computers.

2. Nope.

3. Na, I enjoy my freetime too much :)

• Like 3

1. I work as a Car mechanic for Mazda, i dont enjoy my job anymore. It just doesnt feel right, so im thinking about quitting and quitting school to join the military (something i've always wanted)

2. No i dont

3. No i'm fine with working for someone

• Like 3

1. I work as a Web Designer in Ukraine for British start-up. I enjoy what I do – I love design, but I don't enjoy the environment I'm working in. I mean, we have a nice office and all, but ppl here in Ukraine are so negative and sometimes they just don't care about the quality of their work, which makes me angry. I like things done clean and right. 

2. I never did and I don't now

3. Yeah, I guess I would want to own my own design studio as soon as I move back to Israel (I'm Jew). I'd like to be a person responsible for quality of products and product design in general, so that I can do my part in society or at least change the world in my local community. Although I wouldn't want business to take away my time with family or my hobbies. 

• Like 2

I am a chemical operator at a chemical plant.

I enjoy my job the schedule is weird and i work 12 hr shifts but i get a week off every month which makes up for it. Also their are different operator levels at our plant each level is a different job. I am currently a level 5 with only 1 more to go down the road which would be a board operator. Having 5 different levels is nice (besides the raises that came with them) because you rotate between the different areas of the plant so its not the same thing everyday.

Another downside is alot of our work is outside so dealing with the elements suck but such is life

Never considered my own business as i like what i do and the pay is good

• Like 2

I'm a carer for a profoundly disabled gentleman and it's the best job I've had and pretty much the only one I like. It's a lot of work and the hours are long but I get 4 days off a week to make up for that. I've only been doing it just over a year but I don't see myself wanting to change careers anytime soon.

As for ever owning my own business or wanting to own one, nope and nope. Don't want the responsibility/stress/hassle/whatever :)

• Like 3

A friend of mine does the same job with an autistic guy.

He absolutely loves his job, even despite the occasionnal hits he takes from him.

• Like 2

I manage a business (accounting) with 25 co-workers and 400 customers. I enjoy my freedom alot, but the responsibility of 25 co-workers and their performance is not always enjoyable. 

I own part of the business, but I have  a CEO that i report to (who is also an owner) so I would not say that i run my own business, we run it together.

I would love to do something all by myself. But I know I and the business will do better when I team up with someone different from me, as it is right now.

• Like 2

1. I'm a newly Registered Respiratory Therapist. Just got a job at a local hospital. Best part of the job is seeing people get better. 

2. Never did. Probably never will.

3. I don't mind working under somebody. Let them deal with the stress of running a company. 

• Like 3

nrichmentz.jpg

1. I am a retired special operations fire lieutenant for a busy city fire department. I loved that job and miss many things about it, but it is a young mans job and I left while I still had all that I brought. I now work part time at a motorcycle touring accessory company doing web content work and enjoy it very much; part time as a special operations instructor which I love; and  I am also a graphic artist and illustrator and love that as well.

2. Yes the graphic art business is self employed. The way I stay on track is to set work time and do nothing but work for that time period.

3. N/A

• Like 3

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

A friend of mine does the same job with an autistic guy.

He absolutely loves his job, even despite the occasionnal hits he takes from him.

I totally get that. I've taken a few hits but its like water off a duck's back compared with the feeling of actually making a huge positive difference to someone's life.

• Like 4

1. Up until recently I conducted thermal performance tests on power plant equipment. This was a great job with plenty of opportunities to advance your knowledge and abilities. I can't provide details as to why I quit...yet.

2. For 6 years I had my own business as a real estate investor. During that time I remodelled 14 homes and sold another 7 via wholesale. I did have a business partner but I ended up doing all the work. Keeping that internal fire roaring is the hard part.

3. I still consider buying real estate and becoming a landlord. The 30%+ returns are intriguing, but, the market is way too screwed for entry.

• Like 4

I drive a van. Delivering stuff. I love that it only requires me to use about 0.04% of my brain, it's not very stressful, the hours aren't 9-5 and once I clock out I don't even think about it. I hate the fact that it doesn't pay very well, I only have to use 0.04% of my brain and it isn't 9-5.

no

Yes, a friend of mine has suggested numerous times starting a joint venture. My fear of failure and subsequent financial ruin has so far prevented me from taking a chance.

• Like 5

1.     I am a Service Advisor for a BMW dealer. The enjoyment of this job comes and goes. For the most part, I enjoy my job. There are certainly days when i wish i was doing ANYTHING else. Ninja, being a Tech in the automotive industry, probably understands what I'm  talking about.

2.     I do not own my own business.

3.     I'm involved in a family owned towing business. My wife and I are interested in owning it when her Dad can no longer handle the day to day operations. We'll see about that.

• Like 2

Dodgeservice.png

Well, I work in a flower shop, it's ok. Not exactly what I though I would be doing but I not stuck on some assembly line doing the same ting day in and day out.

Yes and No - It's actually Rose's business and I help her out. Motivation is the need to eat and pay bills but we are also into a few other things that don't make alot of cash but it all adds up right?

N/A

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: