Gaming Glasses

markt112

Was just wondering if anyone has any gaming glasses and if they are any good? I can barely manage an hours worth of gaming now without my eyes becoming strained and headaches.

Can anyone recommend which are the best to get?

Was looking at a pair of Gunnars for around £150 - not sure if these are any good?

Thanks

It won't relieve you of anything stressful for your eyes, it's more of a money making machine, it's kinda like gun glasses, although, screens show the image as it should be, and not too sharp against your eyes, which the sun can be, i'd recommend a trip to your local optics for an eye examination, make sure they measure your tilt/angle, they'll know what you talk about, don't worry, it's completely harmless and no pain involved, and usually it's free to get your eyes checked.

I got mine checked a few years ago cause i had alot of pain and headaches, what it was, i had a lot of tilt/angle on my eyes, and it solved the problem with glasses!

b2ExQd1.png

I've got regular glasses because I'm nearsighted (<-- Google translate, so not sure if that makes sense) ... Never had an issue with headaches etc.

What's your current setup and how far are you sitting from your screen?

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

I've got regular glasses because I'm nearsighted (<-- Google translate, so not sure if that makes sense) ... Never had an issue with headaches etc.

What's your current setup and how far are you sitting from your screen?

Sitting about 2 metres away from a 32inch tv..

Don't think I need an eye check either, was only there a couple of months ago. Only problem ive got is looking at screens.. laptop, tv etc.  £150 didn't seem bad at all to me if they help.

I think I'd rather spend 20p on a box of paracetamol than £150 on a pair of glasses.

I know people who spend a lot more money on worse things, the girlfriend for one

• Like 1

Ok, distance isn't the problem. It's not like you're sitting 1 meter away from a 50'' screen :D

Have you considered sports glasses, like the stuff they use for cycling, shooting ranges, bow shooting etc or even sun glasses with a very light shade? Seems to be cheaper then gaming glasses and they might get the trick done just as good ...

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Ok, distance isn't the problem. It's not like you're sitting 1 meter away from a 50'' screen :D

Have you considered sports glasses, like the stuff they use for cycling, shooting ranges, bow shooting etc or even sun glasses with a very light shade? Seems to be cheaper then gaming glasses and they might get the trick done just as good ...

I will have a look thanks. Not bothered about the price just aslong as they do the job :)

Dumb question:

Gaming glasses?

I know a lot of people thought this. I was a bit sceptical at first but decided to go ahead and try them. They came on Friday and they are excellent, no more eye strain/headaches. Before I could barely manage an hour on the Playstations, Computers... and now theres no problem at all.

Ive only been testing them for 2 days but they seem really good so far :)

Would definitely recommend them

Edited by markt112

That's good to know that you like them, what brand did you go with? I had never heard of them before, so I googled it and gunnars seem to be a good brand. I would feel so lame wearing them though haha.

I went through a period where I was getting bad headaches, eye strain and vision was slightly blurry after a while (headphones don't help for the headache) but that seems to have stopped after a while so I don't know why it happened as nothing has changed..

If your on a computer all day aswell they would probably help but looking forward to see they go for you over time.

scottyb1988.jpg

That's good to know that you like them, what brand did you go with? I had never heard of them before, so I googled it and gunnars seem to be a good brand. I would feel so lame wearing them though haha.

I went through a period where I was getting bad headaches, eye strain and vision was slightly blurry after a while (headphones don't help for the headache) but that seems to have stopped after a while so I don't know why it happened as nothing has changed..

If your on a computer all day aswell they would probably help but looking forward to see they go for you over time.

I went with Gunnars. The ones I eventually decided on are the clear lenses, not the yellowish tinted ones - they just look like a normal pair of specs. Also tried them on with my headset and they don't interfere at all

• Like 1