Capture - problem with actor placement

ronin

Eeeeek, got a bit of an issue here.

I'm making a capture and am in the process of placing the actors. Now I've placed two of them on top of a prop, but wasn't too happy about that. So in all my wisdom, I decided to remove the actors.  But by doing so, I accidentaly removed the prop and not the actor. Result is now some dude floating in mid air and I can't find a way to delete said actor or put a prop back underneath him.

Any idea how to get this sorted? Pls don't say reload your last save : CRY :

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

You also have the option to adjust the "height" of an axis I think by pressing either R3 or L3. Can delete it that way too.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

You can do that with props, but unfortunately not with actors, G. Something I had to find out the hard way :D

A good lesson learned is that one has to be super careful when stacking things. No matter if they are props, actors or CP's. Better be sure of what you do or you can start rebuilding !

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Also related to actors. I'm trying to create a capture where there is a single vehicle to be captured in GTA mode. I want this vehicle to be driven by an NPC. I've managed to get pilots to hunt in helicopters but does anyone know if it's possible to get a NPC to just drive around randomly and be hunted down by the teams. 

I've placed the actor in the vehicle but when I test the capture he just gets out and runs away.

Edit:

Couldn't do it in GTA mode, had to create it in Contend mode. Assign an actor to a car then assign an object to the car. Makes for interesting chase themed captures.

Edited by Squirrel_Army

Also related to actors. I'm trying to create a capture where there is a single vehicle to be captured in GTA mode. I want this vehicle to be driven by an NPC. I've managed to get pilots to hunt in helicopters but does anyone know if it's possible to get a NPC to just drive around randomly and be hunted down by the teams. 

I've placed the actor in the vehicle but when I test the capture he just gets out and runs away.

Edit:

Couldn't do it in GTA mode, had to create it in Contend mode. Assign an actor to a car then assign an object to the car. Makes for interesting chase themed captures.

The experience i have with placing a actor and a capture object in a car is that the actors act different in the "test" and in the real gameplay. It also makes a difference if the placed actor is defensive or aggressive. I managed to place defensive actors in a car and with a actor on foot nearby (near both the starting points and near the actors in the cars). I managed to get the actors to take of and was able to hunt them down, but I have not been able to figure out exactly how to get the actors to behave the way I want. Aggressive actors tend to leave the car and pull a gun on you instead of taking of.

The experience i have with placing a actor and a capture object in a car is that the actors act different in the "test" and in the real gameplay. It also makes a difference if the placed actor is defensive or aggressive. I managed to place defensive actors in a car and with a actor on foot nearby (near both the starting points and near the actors in the cars). I managed to get the actors to take of and was able to hunt them down, but I have not been able to figure out exactly how to get the actors to behave the way I want. Aggressive actors tend to leave the car and pull a gun on you instead of taking of.

What if you make said actors neutral towards the teams? From what I've noticed is that these actors get scared off like a regular NPC in FR instead of trying to retaliate. Mind you, have not tried actors in cars yet, only on foot. No idea how they react when in a car.  Wouldn't surpirse me if they would just jump out run off, but might work.

Edited by ronin

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

I had my actor unarmed, defensive but hostile to both teams. In the car he did take off and in testing last night he gave four of us a nice challenging hunt. Only issue is that you're chasing the object not the car.

Actors won't drive the capture vehicle in GTA mode.

• 1 month later...

You have probably tested different actor placements in the creator already Squirrel. Perhaps even with the new vehicles.

Is it possible to place an actor on a Technical and have them use the gun in the back? Or Insurgent? Perhaps even on a Valkyrie?

I'm designing a capture with some of the new heist vehicles with some extreme warfare and it would be great if I could have some actors patroling around on Technicals or maybe even in Insurgents, shooting at you.

You can put them in a technical but it needs a driver and co-driver in there 1st so you'll need 3 actors for one gun.

For the helicopters and hydra you'll need to add a pilot

• 3 months later...

I'm having trouble making an actor appear in a capture.

I have a Lost MC gang member carrying a minigun but every time I test the capture he vanishes. All other characters including the masses of police, guy with grenade launcher plus crazy armed woman are there but without the main guy in the centre the capture is a bit limp.

Any ideas?

I'm having trouble making an actor appear in a capture.

I have a Lost MC gang member carrying a minigun but every time I test the capture he vanishes. All other characters including the masses of police, guy with grenade launcher plus crazy armed woman are there but without the main guy in the centre the capture is a bit limp.

Any ideas?

I'm guessing you have tried this, but I'll suggest it anyway. Have you tried deleting and re adding that guy. Maybe delete an extra actor so that there is room for the one you want. I had a small issue with ramps, I put them in and they didn't show up on the map and I couldn't edit or move them either. During the test, they were all there but once it was published they disappeared, so it could be a similar thing.

I have also noticed another issue, and was wondering if I am doing it wrong or if it's a bug since the last update. I'm trying to make a contend capture, and make the actor carry a bag and drive a vehicle. I've tried most combinations I can think of but I can't even get the actor to hold the bag. Pretty sure it's a bug but would appreciate if anyone could test this or let me know how to do it.

scottyb1988.jpg

I did delete the character and added him and it was fine. 

Have you placed the actor in the car 1st and then add the bag to the car? It could be the type of capture used.

I normally use Hold captures when using actors to hold a bag. With Contends when the bag respawns it won't go back to the actor.

That's good you got it sorted. I only intend for one capture object to be delivered to win so respawning won't be an issue, unless they can be destroyed. Pretty sure they can't but do you know?

I tried placing all the actors (they are all police if that matters) in the car (it was an armoured truck, not sure if it makes a difference and I didn't test in other vehicles) and when I tried to place the bag it sits on top of the truck. Once it drives off you can't get to the bag as it stays in the air.

I then tried placing an actor on the ground and the bag into the actor and it just stays inside the actor, not actually on them. So I'm pretty sure it's a bug but can't recall whether I have done this in the past or if there is a trick to it.

scottyb1988.jpg

I've not tried it recently but it's always been a little buggy.

I've not tried it with Police or armoured trucks but I've been able to place bags in helicopters and other vehicles before I always place the actor in the vehicle first.

Is the guy holding the bag unarmed? Make sure he's set to defensive and hostile to both teams as well. This will make him drive off so you can give chase.

I've not tried it recently but it's always been a little buggy.

I've not tried it with Police or armoured trucks but I've been able to place bags in helicopters and other vehicles before I always place the actor in the vehicle first.

Is the guy holding the bag unarmed? Make sure he's set to defensive and hostile to both teams as well. This will make him drive off so you can give chase.

I'm pretty sure he was armed actually, at least the first time. When I placed the actor separately on the ground to test it I don't recall if they were armed or not. I'll make sure they aren't and hopefully that makes a difference.

scottyb1988.jpg

I've tried a few different ways and the actors can't hold cases anymore. That sucks, there was so many things you could do with that feature. Hopefully it's patched next update..

scottyb1988.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The issue hasn't been fixed with I'll gotten gains 2. Actors can't carry cases :(

What was the specific issue?

I've managed to get cases into vehicles ok and the vehicles move around with them but as soon as I kill the person carrying the case it warps back to the starting point.

What was the specific issue?

I've managed to get cases into vehicles ok and the vehicles move around with them but as soon as I kill the person carrying the case it warps back to the starting point.

Are you sure the actor was carrying the case? What happened to me the first time is that the case was placed on top of the vehicle and they all drove away but the case was stuck in the air.

I tried many different ways with different Actors and cases and weapon combinations and it never places the case on them, it just glitches inside them (like they are in passive mode). I haven't tried anything since and it's a shame cause I have a few good ideas for captures that I want to try.

scottyb1988.jpg

• 3 months later...

I noticed in the test phase of a GTA capture that npc's placed in vehicles respawn with a new vehicle, it also seems placed (non capture object) vehicles respawn after destroyed. Have not been able to test in real gameplay since i never managed to deliver in testing due to this making it very hard.

Anyone else noticed this?

Edited by Lann3