Any chance GTA6 will also come with VR aspect? What do you think?

JustHatched

Personally I think gaming as a whole will shift to VR game play over the next 20 years (giver take) and many of the VR options now while very cool are limited in overall depth of the storylines and PvP in VR I have not seen yet.

Perhaps the PS5 and whatever Microsoft will call the next XB console will build on what is available now and having VR in a game like GTA might not be impossible (perhaps GTA7).

I would hope some gameplay could be done in VR, I doubt the whole game would be compatible (if RDR2 had VR the scenery would be sick as f*ck)

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 month later...

Yeah that's very true. I can see where VR could be developed far beyond what we thought we would get out of it. I remember they brought it to a nursing home & the elderly was so glad to play even the simplest of game, saw VR being brought to a school & a little girl remarked that would be great to use as a virtual field trip. Hell maybe a VR consoles, IDK but we are in the baby stages of VR & it might even price out high resolution TV & explode on different markets in whatever way they find to package it or repackage it to fit specific needs.

I like the idea for driving games in particular as I'd prefer cockpit view but it always feels really limited as you can never get the full windscreen and it feels like you miss a lot.

Not so sure I'm as keen on it for something like GTA though, would really depend on how it works though. 

Motion in VR games makes me violently ill so I hope not. Wasted a lot of money on my current VR and can play two games on it without issue.

Right now VR reminds me of 3D TV... overpriced and not as desirable as the manufacturers would like to believe.

Squirrel and Lime are big advocates IRRC but the pull is not enough for me the shell out the money, I would rather buy a Nintendo Switch than PSVR right now.

Considering First Person was an added antra for GTA5 I doubt we will see VR for GTA6.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

There may be 4 million PSVR units out there now but that’s not enough to make VR an option for Rockstar, the game will already be big enough and need a lot of processing power just get it to run on a flatscreen. 

VR is fantastic but I don’t see GTA being playable on there. GTA is also a multi platform system and although PC has VR as well I believe some people still buy XBOX so there’s not much point developing game features that can’t be used by all players. 

Its better to develop games to be fully designed around VR than try and shoehorn a VR version into a game. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

VR in gaming has been a gimmick for almost 30 years now (Sega VR in 1991) but it is still not evolved enough to be an actual alternative to screen gaming.

The graphics aren´t nearly as good and the amount of processing required is still too high for it to be an actual alternative. I believe we will see a big boost of this in ps5, but I still ive it another 10 years or more till it becomes standard in gaming consoles (If it ever will).

• Like 1