Your longest non-stop flight and car trips

SeymorScagneti

What's your longest non-stop flight, and what's the longest you've driven in a car non-stop.

Mine..

Fight: Seattle, Washington to Seoul, South Korea...11 hours

Drive: San Antonio, Texas to Ventura, California...21 hours

• Like 2

Flight: Brussels - Sydney. Combination of three flights out of which 2 (London - Bangkok + Bangkok - Sydney)  were around 10-11 hours. Total flight time was 23 hours. Also did Brussels - Singapore a few times. That took around 12-13 hours if I recall well.

Drive: dunno really. From home to the tip of Scotland, the middle of Norway, Corsica, Greece ... all rather long drives. The Greece one was the most intense as I drove it in one go. Think it took about 24 hours with some stops in between. Did have a buddy and gallons of Red Bull with me though to keep me awake.  Once also did a 7 hour trip without ever getting out of the car (Basle - home) which was around 650 km and on top of that I got stuck in a snowstorm for about 1 hour near the German-Dutch border. Wouldn't do anything stupid like that anymore now.

• Like 3

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Flight?

Venice-Gatwick-bus ride to Heathrow-JFK. It also included a 3h drive to Venice first. All I remember is I got up early morning GMT, it was one of the hottest days (even in London it was 30+) and I didnt go to bed until 3 AM EST next day (drunk, we went straight to bar after checking into the hotel). So the whole day lasted around 26h for me.

Drives?

Ljubljana-Edinburgh (with a ferry ride and 1h nap at Maidstone services in between), it was somewhere around 30h (+).

Longest one was from Ljubljana to Tromso, but we spent a night in Germany in a motel, so it was 8h + 24h.

• Like 4

Flight: none.

Drive: Swansea to Bournemouth, Bournemouth to Birmingham, Birmingham to Swansea (in the same night, technically it's not non-stop).

It was slightly below 500 miles all round.

We did this in the summer of 2012.

Bournemouth for my friends DJ booking to start at 9:45PM, left there around 11PM and then we were in Birmingham by 2AM to catch the last 4 hours of Uproar... Good times!

No... we didn't break any speed limits  ;).

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Flight- not worth mentioning. Will say though the first four times I flew I didn't land in a plane. :)

Drive. 23 hours in a bus basically only stopping for fuel. Edmonton to Portland and back. That was 23 each way. Never want to be on a bus again! Longest car rodeo don't remember. To young.

• Like 1

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

Flight- not worth mentioning. Will say though the first four times I flew I didn't land in a plane. :)

Drive. 23 hours in a bus basically only stopping for fuel. Edmonton to Portland and back. That was 23 each way. Never want to be on a bus again! Longest car rodeo don't remember. To young.

Wow, 23 in a bus? Fuck that!

I did 14 on a train once and that wasn't enjoyable.

• Like 1

My 36 hours was on a bus lol, would have been a much shorter journey in a car I'm sure.

My god, and I thought mine was bad. I bet it smelled nice after 36 hours in there.
  • Like 3

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

My longest trips have all been in the U.S.

Longest car ride was from southern Wisconsin to northern Minnesota at around 9 hours. I did take a bus from Minnesota to Florida that took over 30 hours, though. Never again.

Longest flight may be from Minneapolis Minnesota to Los Angeles California. Probably just under 4 hours, maybe?

• Like 2

kQ4fIRp.png

Longest ride was Butte, Montana to Portland ,Oregon by way of Blaine, Washington on a Honda Goldwing. That was 995 miles in less than 24 hours. I was working for Cycle World magazine at the time and the new Goldwing had just come out. We need to do something big because all the motorcycle magazines would be doing stories on it and we wanted ours to be something special. The plan was to have staff members hand the bike off to each other and hit the 4 corners of the United States, my corner was the northwest at  Blaine, WA. The other corners are San Diego, Key West and Bangor, Maine. Here's my part of the story.

Wing%20Ride-XL.jpg

Why? WHY!!? Didn't I ride 5 more miles? Then it would have been 1000 and I would have qualified for a Saddle Sore 1000 from the Iron Butt Riding Association. I could have run laps around the hotel or something. I regret that to this day but sometimes I tell people it was 1000 miles. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Flight- 13 hours. From uk to south africa then another 2 hours to home sweet home.

Driving - from uk to lisbon… 2.5 hours to dover, 2 hours crossing ferry… then calais to lisbon arround too many hours to remember. Only done once and will never do it again in my life

• Like 2

Flight:  Las Vegas, NV to Milwaukee, WI -- 3 hours  (I hate flying and really don't ever want to fly for this long)

Car:  Phoenix, AZ to Janesville, WI -- 26 hours

• Like 1

Drive: Iowa to South Carolina, 18 hours one way, 18 hours back. I started complaining 1 hour into the drive.

Flight: Chicago to San Antonio, Texas: 4-4 1/2 hours

Edited by Wraignbow
  • Like 2

6.5 hour flight to Hawaii for work. Trust me, it's not near as fun as it as it sounds since it is for work. Beautiful place though.

27 hours from Monmouth, IL to Phoenix, AZ in a packed full loud, modified Honda Civic.

• Like 2

Longest flight is 4 hours from Los Angeles to Mexico City

Longest drive is 12 hours from Riverside CA to Arcata Ca 

Drove from Los Angeles to Chilpancingo Mexico which was about i wanna say about a 40 hour drive? Took 3 days though. Never attempt to drive through Arizona during the summer  : GRIMACE :

• Like 1

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Longest drive - Illinois to Florida 16 hours

Longest flight - Indiana to Minnisota (dunno how long, but I was at the airport longer than on the plane)

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

6.5 hour flight to Hawaii for work. Trust me, it's not near as fun as it as it sounds since it is for work. Beautiful place though.

27 hours from Monmouth, IL to Phoenix, AZ in a packed full loud, modified Honda Civic.

I love Hawaii. Hope to move back there some day.

Edited by SeymorScagneti

• 2 weeks later...

Longest drive Sacramento to Vancouver, Dec 23 in a blizzard (blizzard of 98) that only a fool would drive in, 32 hours only stopping for fuel and snacks... I was not spending Xmas in my car! I arrived at 9:30 am Xmas eve :)

Longest flight Vancouver to London to Belfast 12 hours, 6 hour wait at Heathrow, then another 1 hour flight to Belfast and a 50 minute drive home..... I did this journey several times. Once even had the joy of a 4 hour wait at the end because someone called a bomb threat in, it was also my birthday lol.

• Like 2