Party Chat

JustHatched

Just curious what you think the pros and cons are of using, I see many crew members do use it, even when in a crew playlist so I am wondering what is better than being in game chat?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The quality of the party chat is so much better. I can't even understand some properly using in-game chat + people don't understand me. Just sucks that it is limited to 8 people.

I never use it in PL's though. I like being able to communicate with everyone playing + enemy's when kill or get killed by them :lol:

Edited by Jesse
  • Like 2

Pro:  It's crystal clear.  Everyone sounds better in party chat.  A few people sound totally different while in party chat versus game chat.

Con:  It only holds 8 people at a time.  Using it during a crew playlist isn't an option for me.

It's a fantastic addition IMO, crystal clear communications and I use it all the time.  However I am 100% against it being used during any group crew organised activity. The whole thing that makes an activity fun is the chat and the good humored banter, if you don't want to join in this then to me you shouldn't be there.  I feel quite strongly about this as I think it spoils the atmosphere if it is suspected that people are in chat that are normally speaking to everyone else. I don't mind people with their mics off, I do this sometimes myself but party chat, no.

Just my opinion obviously others may be ok with it.

• Like 4

I agree with what everyone has said unless there are only 8 or less in the playlist it should not be used during playlist.

It is nice to have though during game modes where you wouldn't normally be able to chat with everyone that you still can if in a party chat.

It's great for job testing as you can hear both sides at once but only limitation is 8 people. If you're in a big group of people or playlist of more than 8 we always switch back to game chat.

If you were to compare the two, I would say that party chat is like talking on the telephone and in game chat is like talking through a walkie-talkie.

Party Chat is much clearer, and you are able to pick up things you wouldn't normally hear from in game chat.  It's truly a different world and it's a shame that it will only hold eight people.  It is a great asset when you are kicked from a lobby, attempting to join random jobs with others, or when you want to play around in free roam (public or private) with a small group.  Granted, I do switch to in game chat when in a PL of more than eight people, but I do prefer party chat in all other instances.

• Like 2

It is clearer as everyone has said, but the main reason I will use it is when we are job hopping or doing anything else outside a pl and we can all stay in contact and still talk even if we are split up. The biggest advantage of this is when we are disconnect we can communicate easily and quickly.

I agree with casey and will always stay in game chat during playlists or crew events and believe everyone should too. Any communication can be done through the shout box so there isn't any need otherwise.

Oh, and on in game chat, especially with randoms, well, you know how it can be. Not very fun haha

scottyb1988.jpg

I use it whenever possible, the sound is loud and clear. I wouldn't use it during a playlist of more than 8 players and if im hosting an impromtu I will send invites out as a matter of course until we reach more than 8.

Occasionally  i'm in a playlist where nobody is talking and I will chat with other friends over it rather than listen to silence.

One example is Ronny, Tom and I were all in the creator over the weekend at the same time and we were still able to have a good old natter while doing our separate things. 

If PS could just increase the capacity, life would be sweet....

• Like 4

yFn5uY6.png

The creator is no longer a lonesome place :D

The most is said above so really doesn't have much to add.

But in small DM's it's quite fun when both teams can speak to each other.

Edited by Ronny
  • Like 1

As Ronny said, if there is a small group of you then it's cool.

I frequently join G, LN, Jag and Scotty for DM's and it means we don't need to hear the poor mics, wind tunnels and and household noises coming from inconsiderate players that join us.

As already said, up side is the sound quality, down side is the 8 player limit.

The thing that annoys me is this "So and so joined a party".... There's no notification for friends going on or offline, but the PS4 wants to tell me who is joining a f*cking party literally every few seconds?.... : FIRE :  

• Like 3

You can turn the notifications off at least: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/09/guide_how_to_turn_off_ps4_party_notifications_from_friends

I do like the improvement in sound quality, I dislike the 8 person limit and the fact that if someone joins a session that is in party chat they might not be noticed and end up feeling left out. 

Edited by skip_rat
  • Like 2

I frequently join G, LN, Jag and Scotty for DM's and it means we don't need to hear the poor mics, wind tunnels and and household noises coming from inconsiderate players that join us.

The thing that annoys me is this "So and so joined a party".... There's no notification for friends going on or offline, but the PS4 wants to tell me who is joining a f*cking party literally every few seconds?.... : FIRE :  

Also when it comes up and covers and covers my quick menu when I am trying to go passive in an emergency or set a quick GPS, It's not so quick when you have to wait for the notification to f*ck off :lol:

• Like 2

yFn5uY6.png

You can turn the notifications off at least: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/09/guide_how_to_turn_off_ps4_party_notifications_from_friends

I do like the improvement in sound quality, I dislike the 8 person limit and the fact that if someone joins a session that is in party chat they might not be noticed and end up feeling left out. 

In fact if I could like this 100 times, I would :D

yFn5uY6.png

OMG, Skip. Thank you sooooo much for this !

I like party chat because the quality of sound is so much better and it allows you to communicate with people in different sessions or teams or while in the creator. Moreover, you don't have to listen to the crap produced by inconsiderate randoms.

I don't like the fact that it is only limited to 8 people.

As far as crew playlists are concerned, no party chat for me. A PL is a crew thing so I really don't like the idea of some people doing their thing separately from the rest ... not very social and it simply defeats the purpose of the PL alltogether: having fun together !

A nice feature that I only learned over the weekend is that you can jump back and forth between party chat and game chat through the chat settings.  Very handy when job hopping.

• Like 2

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Yes, that drives me crazy!  I hate that I don't know when people sign on/off.  Honestly, I'd just like to know when people sign in instead of checking my friend's list every few minutes or waiting for a message from someone asking me to invite them.  It's so annoying.  They need to add those sign in notifications on PS4.

Pretty much what everyone said. Another real perk is that you stay connected with everyone so people can let each other know that they got disconnected, or that they found a new job for people to join when they're in a different session .. all that.

I don't use it during group PLs .. only if there's a few of us doing things "off duty" so to speak. If we start to get a group of us, we invite one another. Definitely makes for a fun time when you're all in the same chat and on opposite teams for a T/DM.

Only downside besides the size limit is the fact I can hear your ass munching on a pretzel even when not near the mic :lol:, some people also sound quite different versus the two modes.

Edited by G37
  • Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines