oldschool gaming

ems-medik

What was your first console and what was your favourite game and/or fondest memory of it?

My first console was the Sega Master System and i LOVED the Alex Kidd games :)

• Like 1

My first system was one that only played pong that my brother and I had hooked up to a black and white (actually dark green and lighter green) tv. It was amazing to a 5 or 6 year old kid.

First actual gaming system was the Atari 5200. Favorite game would be a toss up between Moon Patrol, Kangaroo and Dig-Dug. Moon Patrol was the most frustrating and probably spent the most time playing Dig-Dug.

• Like 1

kQ4fIRp.png

Atari 2600, Frogger, Pole Position, Burgertime

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

NES with the Robot,  Super Mario Brothers/Duck hunt, also Rad Racer, Pro-Wrestling, Gyromyte, Slalom

Got it for Christmas and went absolutely nuts

*I forgot Paper Boy, Wizards and Warriors, and Rygar* Love those games

There are more I am leaving out, but I still Have my console, and I still have my games, all in the original boxes with instruction manuals, mint condition.

I also still have all of my "Nintendo Power" magazines, starting with the very first one, which was in newsletter form.

(Yeah, it's a little weird : SURPRISE : )

Edited by Wraignbow
  • Like 1

Atari 2600, Frogger, Pole Position, Burgertime

Atari 2600? Peasent :P

NES with the Robot,  Super Mario Brothers/Duck hunt, also Rad Racer, Pro-Wrestling, Gyromyte, Slalom

Got it for Christmas and went absolutely nuts

Oh, I loved Pro-Wrestling. Probably my favorite NES games. My favorite was Starman! Used to annoy my buddies to no end doing that back flip of his. Also the green dude with his head chomp move. Awesome game.

• Like 1

kQ4fIRp.png

I had a few computers I played games on first, but didn't buy a console until the Sega Master System came out. Outrun and Hang On we're my favourites.

I've been playing a few of these old games again recently on a raspberry pi running retropi.

• Like 1

As i mentioned in my introduction, I started gaming on the Atari 2600. Misile command and Asteroids were my favourites.

My best mate at the time had an intelevision by Mattel, Space Armada was a good game on it. A space invaders type game.

Favourite Arcade games at the time Gorf and Defender.

Not sure if its classed as a console but when I was a kid I use to love my sega pico, favourite game was winnie the pooh....those were the days.

I forgot about Defender. That game was bad ass

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

First console was the NES and first games were Mario Bros., Zelda 2 and Ninja Turtles.

Still haven't finished these games more than 20 years later...

• Like 1

As a kid, I played on my dad's Atari.  Not sure which Atari it was though.  Games frequently played on there were Frogger, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Burger Time, and whatever else he had.  My dad had a huge collection of games.  He had more games for his Atari than I do on my PS3.  :lol:

My first gaming console for my sister & I was a NES.  Favorite game, Super Mario Bros, of course.  We also played a lot of Duck Hunt and Paper Boy too.  We got a Sega later and had every single Sonic game and even Road Rash.  Road Rash was the BEST game ever, I swear.  I believe we even had Road Rash for PS1 too.  Not sure, it's been years.  Road Rash is probably the reason I love GTA so much.  :lol:

• Like 1

NES

Mike Tyson's Punchout, Zelda, Gyromite, Duck Hunt, Ikari Warriors.

Best memory was blowing in the game/console to get it to work. If that didn't work, would put my t-shirt over the game and blow into the game.

• Like 2

Was freeloading off my friends  NES duck hunt and Mario, and a next friends SNES killer instinct but my very 1st console was a green transparent N64 and of course 007 Golden eye saved for months to get it.

• Like 1

Mine was mega drive with sonic. What. A game that is I still collect a few retro gaming things mainly gameboy and GameCube I have 3 GameCube with about 70 games a zx spectrum a n64 xbox, xbox 360,ps 1,2,3,4 Gameboy colour and Gameboy. Advance. And mega drive 2 and I think that's about it really

Had both Master Systems 1 & 2 and Super NES at one point.

Used to love games on both consoles such as Top Gear, Hang On, Starman and Alex the Kidd.

However, without doubt the best game ever was GoldenEye on N64, loved the throwing knives, insane with 4 players!

Edited by DavidCore89

Had an Xbox back then with 4 controller and never bought or played a single game or even used it LOL powered it on an off a few times though : GRIMACE :  never go full retard, it hurts.

Edited by smurf

• 5 months later...

Mine was a Hanimex; don't really remember the games, just the glorious brown colour of the console itself & the gun.

hanimex%207771-G.JPG

Hanimex%20667CIP_www.JPG

• Like 1

Garbology101.png

first one i played on was the sega mega drive, loved sonic the hedgehog 1+ 2 , toy story, desert strike, fifa 90 italia, toejam and earl :) 

nicolabellamy77.png

Atari 4600 was the family system when I was a kid. My first game system that was mine, was NES. Excitebike, Paperboy, and Battle toads was probably favorite. 

SNES came out and Mario Kart was a mainstay in that console. Along with several others. Madden, NBA Live, oh man. So many memories. 

Dodgeservice.png

First console was the Atari 7800, played the shit out of Ms. PacMan and Xevious...Then the NES with the power pad AKA the torture pad, then SNES.  SimCity and Super Mario World were the SHIZ for the SNES.  

Man who horse around in pantry get ass in jam.