Creator Tips & Tricks

Squirrel

After my Panto Park the other night DC recommended that I changed the race so it was just locked to Panto's.

I knew how to lock a race to a certain class of vehicle but didn't know how lock to a specific car so I asked google to see if they knew. Of course google being google, they know everything!

Deselect the classes that are not required. Highlight the required class then press square. Deselect the car types you don't want to compete in the race.

Hopefully this should mean that the race can only be contested by Panto's. What I don't know is if custom Panto's will be the only option when custom vehicles are allowed on. 

A tip for using floating platforms as suggested by Ronny:

Place the platform where you would like it. Place the object that you want on the platform close by on land. Reselect the object and move it where required on to the platform.

This works well for ramps, spawn points, weapons and most vehicles. Unfortunately it does not work for helicopters as it seems the model clearance required exceeds the space on the platform.

Creating small grids that can be used by Vans & Cars.

Set a small grid in the location required. Go to available vehicles and deselect cycles. Save the creation.

Go back and edit the checkpoint, the grid type option should be accesible now. Change the grid type to medium for cars or large to use vans.

Does anyone else have any useful tricks or tips that aren't covered by Rockstars guides.

I'm hoping someone knows of an easy way to stack objects, I used to be able to stack on the PS3 but can't seem to get it to work on the PS4.

Edited by Rarely Squirm

After my Panto Park the other night DC recommended that I changed the race so it was just locked to Panto's.

I knew how to lock a race to a certain class of vehicle but didn't know how lock to a specific car so I asked google to see if they knew. Of course google being google, they know everything!

Deselect the classes that are not required. Highlight the required class then press square. Deselect the car types you don't want to compete in the race.

Hopefully this should mean that the race can only be contested by Panto's. What I don't know is if custom Panto's will be the only option when custom vehicles are allowed on. 

A tip for using floating platforms as suggested by Ronny:

Place the platform where you would like it. Place the object that you want on the platform close by on land. Reselect the object and move it where required on to the platform.

This works well for ramps, spawn points, weapons and most vehicles. Unfortunately it does not work for helicopters as it seems the model clearance required exceeds the space on the platform.

Does anyone else have any useful tricks or tips that aren't covered by Rockstars guides.

I'm hoping someone knows of an easy way to stack objects, I used to be able to stack on the PS3 but can't seem to get it to work on the PS4.

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/2254-liberator-other-race-related-stuff/?p=28453

As soon as there is only 1 vehicle available in any class, track wont even have an option for custom vehicles in that class.

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/4928-floating-platforms-on-water/