What's the best advice you've ever received?

Jesse

Stealing this from Reddit.

What's the best advice you've ever received?

What is something you read or that someone once told you that you'll never forget?

Words you live by?

Some examples (simple ones, you can do better): 

In a year from now, you'll wish you started today

If it smells like shit wherever you go, check under your own shoes first.

"Just ask." - My father's advice to 16 year old me on how to get laid.   :lol: (not me)

• Like 4

When dealing with women, you can be right or you can be happy, you can't both, don't even try

• Like 5

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

What does it mean?

"Hakuna matata" is a Swahili phrase; literally translated, it roughly means "there isn't a problem/trouble". Its meaning is similar to the English phrase "no problem" and is akin to "don't worry, be happy".

Edited by Jesse
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A friend's Dad told me something when I was in high school that I will always remember..

He said "Don't try to understand a crazy person, if you succeed you've just become as crazy as they have."

This was after he showed us a video of his neighbor putting banana peels in his mailbox and I said "try to imagine what's going through his head when he's doing that and what he's trying to accomplish."

lol

• Like 4

I have a couple that helped to shape my life and career.

"Do what you think is right until you are told to stop."

"It is not whether or not you make mistakes, life is a series of them. It is how your recover from them that matters."

"Say what you mean, mean what you say and don't say it mean."

"Run from DavidCore89." 

• Like 2

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

- Enjoy life as much as you can as I never had that chance. 

- You live today, not yesterday

Both from my beloved great-grand father. Amazing and very wise man who always looked forward, never backwards. He took so much pleasure in seeing his great/grand/children have fun.

• Like 2

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

I have received lots of useful advice and I have enough phrases to last a lifetime.

My grandmother once told me "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you" - I think she was right, it's too easy to let one rule the other and I've done that at least once.

She also said this "Never wait for things to happen, make them happen" - Again, spot on. Waiting for things to happen doesn't work, they never happen that way.

I like to write. Mostly songs, but also phrases, stories, poems and rhymes - it's quite often that I'll write something that'll stick in my mind for a while, so for that reason I think we all already contain the correct advice for each situation, it's in our minds just waiting to be expressed.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3

I like to write. Mostly songs, but also phrases, stories, poems and rhymes - it's quite often that I'll write something that'll stick in my mind for a while, so for that reason I think we all already contain the correct advice for each situation, it's in our minds just waiting to be expressed.

Any work you can/ want to share?

Any work you can/ want to share?

Well, I was gonna create a blog for my ramblings soon.

It's probably the only thing I have that's worth blogging!

Well, I was gonna create a blog for my ramblings soon.

It's probably the only thing I have that's worth blogging!

I look forward to reading it :)

-Stay strong, make them wonder how you're still smiling

-Smile, it's easier than explaining why you're sad

-Don't feel sad over someone who gave up on you, feel sorry for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them

hakuna matata 

- I can't compare with this, this is my life motto..

Although: "You can't cling to the past. Because no matter how tightly you hold on, it's already gone."

b2ExQd1.png