Floating platforms on water

Squirrel

Ronny made a waterworld death match using the floating platforms and a little trick to place objects on the platforms by placing them on land 1st then moving them to the platform. I have managed to get this working fine, however when I try to place a helicopter on the same platform, I'm unable to place them where I want and I'm left with this instead: 

243D16EF-54D6-437E-8272-7EE426487D0D_zps

Does anyone have ideas on how to get them to sit in the vacant space on the platform? I'm pretty sure they will all explode once I hit test.

It doesn't make sense, I try to place one in the middle of a platform and it says the area isn't clear, add one on the edge and its fine. Going to test it now, I'm expecting 10 buzzards to go boom instantly.

Are the edges raised? I wonder if the rotors have to have a set amount of clearance and the edges don't provide it, but putting them on the ledges themselves allows the clearance.....(sorry that didn't help either)

As predicted they went boom. Need to find an object that the buzzard is happy to sit on. Some survived anyway until I took my frustration out on them.

You need to find a "green spot" first and then slide it to where you want it.

Don't know if that made any sense?

Find the place your allowed to place it but don't place it there, then you move the cursor carefully to where you want it.

As I said a pain in the arse using those props, don't know why we got them when we can't use the properly.