PS4 Default headset - Any Good?

Nazrill

Afternoon guys n gals!

So the good news is I finally have a PS4 :) Bad news is that I'm still waiting for Amazon to get my copy of GTAV across to me so just a quick question in the interim.

There's a 'default' headset which comes with the PS4 (well, an ear bud with a mic built into the line) Whats everyone's experience of this like? Will it do the job or should I look at spending the extra on a new one? (I'd like to avoid this if poss, but if has to be done then so be it)

Thanks & see you all in LS soon

Nazrill

Hello bud, 

The headset is ok unless, like me, you have old man ears where those type of earphones  fall out of your head every time you turn it.

But can't fault it, just my ears. :D

Will be good to see you back online :D

yFn5uY6.png

The one they sent me was defective, but most people I talked to had no problems with theirs. Definitely helps to get a real headset though, especially if you play online shooter games

Its better than nothing but not by much

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

The problem with those chat only things is that it doesn't support any game sounds.

This means you'll have to turn the TV volume up and then TV sounds will go directly into the mic thus forcing all other players to listen to a delayed effect of GTAO coming from someones TV.

I can't use chat only, I have to use a headset that supports game sounds as well as chat, you can grab one of those for as little as £20.

Sometimes I'll mute a player that uses a chat only earpiece thing, but only if I can hear their TV.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 3

Afternoon guys n gals!

So the good news is I finally have a PS4 :) Bad news is that I'm still waiting for Amazon to get my copy of GTAV across to me so just a quick question in the interim.

There's a 'default' headset which comes with the PS4 (well, an ear bud with a mic built into the line) Whats everyone's experience of this like? Will it do the job or should I look at spending the extra on a new one? (I'd like to avoid this if poss, but if has to be done then so be it)

Thanks & see you all in LS soon

Nazrill

It'll tide you over till you get a new one.

Nice one, cheers all. Think I'll invest in something a little dearer but shouldn't have to be by much as the 3.5mm jack can run all chat & game sounds if you configure them so happy days :) Just need my game to get delivered now.....

Haven't used them, but they sure look very uncomfortable for extended gaming sessions, provided they fit ...

As DC says, these type of devices pick up environmental noises, making it an unpleasant experience for others in the lobby.

Would suggest to at least invest some money if you intend to actively use your headphones/mic for your own comfort and that of your 'audience'.

There are some relatively cheap Turtle Beach HP's and such that will do the trick for a few tens of dollars or you could go for the higher end stuff with plenty of options and comfort, but then you're looking at the 100-150 dollars range at the very least.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

The one you get with the PS4 is better than nothing, but only just.

If you want want a simple plug and play wireless headset for all audio I'd recommend the Sony branded ones. I got the pulse elite one which I find way better than the turtle beach px3 set I have for the PS3. Game were selling them for £50 in the sales which isn't cheap, but none of the truly wireless headsets seem to be.

If you're not bothered about wireless you don't need to spend much more than £15-20.

I'll second on the pulse elite headset. After a lot of research, for the price they are pretty good and have a lot of cool features. You can control everything on the headset easily. The best thing is the slider bar that will change the level of input from chat volume to game volume. When those little squeakers are carrying on just mute them without going through all the options. It also had a mute button which is good and no visible mic which seems to work well. They also are wireless or you can run a 3.5mm jack into your MP3 player directly to them and they sound pretty good.

The only thing is for me it gets a bit tight after a while (like 2+ hours) but it is still bearable. I can't conpare it with anything else though.

scottyb1988.jpg

The basic headset with the headphones and extended mic you can buy at the store. I got mine at Best Buy and sometimes they have them for 1/2 price.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...