Not sure what to do from here...

JustHatched

FOund out my ex has moved a registered sex offender in with her. 2 of my daughters live there also. My brain is jumbled with what the correct move is next. I have been waiting for te chance to get my kids, just not sure the best way to do it. Lawyer? Family sevices? 9MM?

Needless to say I may not be in the best of moods for a bit, if I am quiet on the mic its cuz I am just playing to think of other things so I don't drive myself batshit crazy.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHatched

• rumdig

• Casey

• Jaggy

Top Posters In This Topic

My inner irrational "let's get shit done" says grab the 9, but there are some obvious legal issues here that tells me it's time to get a court order through a lawyer. I would think it would be simple job to get a sex offender away from children, but I don't know what the time frame would be to get that accomplished.

• Like 1

Wow that's a bad situation your in. I hope you can resolve it quickly and easily. If that was happening here is australia, I would go to family services who would then most likely take the kids away from her as she isn't provding a safe place for the children. It all depends on what the offender has done aswell.

You could also talk to a lawyer to find out your best option for this.

Family services can be a little slow and painful to deal with but its really the only legal way without getting yourself into too much trouble.

Good luck with resolving this and try not to do anything to get yourself locked up.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Hatch, I did a quick search to validate my initial thoughts. The majority of cases followed this similar rule:

the court "shall not award custody or unsupervised visitation of a child to a parent if such parent or any person residing with such parent has been found guilty of, or plead guilty to" certain offenses (enumerated and referenced therein) when a child was the victim.

I would say that a modification of the child custody could be made...

• Like 1

File emergency paperwork to get temporary full/sole custody, then file paperwork for permanent full/sole custody.

Call child protective services and file a complaint against your ex.

If you can afford it, lawyer up.

Don't make any threats to the pervert or your ex...that shit could be used against you.

Best of luck mane.

Edited by SeymorScagneti
  • Like 1

Well your kins living with a sex offender will do you wonders in a family court, every response so far has had the right idea.. But for problems like this, a 9mm simply won't do against sex offenders. This is the job for a intermediate rifle cartridge! 

This really sucks Hatch and I would be really scared as well.

I don't know how the law is in the US but I think you should contact a lawyer, the police or family services ASAP to know what to do in such a situation.

I think you should harass whoever can help you until things are in motion. But really you should aim for getting back full custody of your kids.

Just keep the 9 in its box.

Sorry to hear that, that must be the scariest thing ever.

Most is said so my advice would just be repeating the other's here.

And I'm 100% sure that you know the 9mm would only make things worse.

Hope you get the help you need and that it resolves quickly.

I'm sorry you and your family has to go through such a thing.

I wish I could help you out brother.

A registered sex offender is not necessarily a paedophile so don't stress too much until you know the facts.

In this country a 16 year old who is convicted of having sex with their15 year old girlfriend or boyfriend for example becomes a registered sex offender for a very long time.

• Like 2

I'm reading about a similar case and I got this

"Further, your living with your current boyfriend may be a basis for you ex husband to seek to modify the current custody situation under Section 610 of the IMDMA, subsection (a-5) which provides: "A motion to modify a custody judgment may be made at any time by a party who has been informed of the existence of facts requiring notice to be given under Section 609.5 [750 ILCS 5/609.5]." The court will then determine custody based upon the facts of your case, with the best interest of the child in mind. "

I would phone family services or a lawyer and get some advice.

• Like 1

Casey has made a valid point, you you need to discover the severity of his conviction. I know a guy who is registered for mooning out the window of his work van as he passed a bus stop.

I think if your plan is to get custody, now is a the most opportune time to do it.

First and only real step I see for you is, lawyer.

I too hope this is resolved quickly for you.

yFn5uY6.png

File emergency paperwork to get temporary full/sole custody, then file paperwork for permanent full/sole custody.

^^This, I didn't think of that, thanks for posting it.

A registered sex offender is not necessarily a paedophile so don't stress too much until you know the facts.

In this country a 16 year old who is convicted of having sex with their15 year old girlfriend or boyfriend for example becomes a registered sex offender for a very long time.

And you may very well be correct, I confronted him with it, according to his story it was purely circumstantial as a teen several years ago at a party. Maybe he is telling the truth, maybe not.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Oh yeah, just for those who don't know, Rose isn't the ex. We still hitched.

• Like 2

Oh yeah, just for those who don't know, Rose isn't the ex. We still hitched.

Bless her soul :lol: (don't warn me or make me do any more news bot tests .. please ..)

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Let's not get into a debate about what constitutes as a sex offender/pedophile.  There are children involved and Hatch has every right to be concerned for the well-being of his children.

Hatch's ex has the right to date whomever she pleases, but damn, let's think of the children involved.  Those kid's don't even belong to me and I'm concerned for their safety and well-being.  Hatch, are you able to look up this guy's history in the national sex offender registry?  I've used that website many times just to check on people who live in/around this neighborhood.  It goes into what the charges were.  

Use this website to see if his story matches up with what he told you...  http://www.familywatchdog.us/

You can click on the tab that says "Name" and type it in.

Also, still contact a lawyer and get your ducks in a row.  Those babies need to get out of that house before something horrible happens.

• Like 3

Let's stay on point. I can see this conversation derailing very soon.

There's a real life matter at hand here. We have members from all walks of life. Means multiple opinions and ideas and perspectives, each valuable and each adding new layers of thought to the conversation. Let's not try to undermine that and let's not take shots at one another (we're here to help one another), we've all made mistakes and that isn't to make light of anything discussed here either.

Edited by G37
  • Like 5

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines