Los Santos Custom's doodi head :(

Smurf

So last night I decided I was going to change my cars in one garage to offroad tires. By messing about I realized that my vechiles was far from being fully upgraded performance wise which left me in awe. So from the begining of my GTA V adventure till now there was only the one car which I used in the past for nefarious reasons was the only one fully upgraded and its also the least driven car. You've got to be $h1t!ng me, how the hell did that one slip by me. No wonder why my stats top speed was so low 141mph with a dang cheeta. Been blazing my Zentorno threw all counties for the longest time and couldn't beat the cheeta smh lol spent maybe about 1.5M in upgrades to the cars and the Zentorno went flying off the map.

Question to the Crew, what are some not so obvious performance upgrades in Los Santos Custom's and what's the fastest speed set in your Stats and with which vehicle?

168.33 MPH.

Massacro.

Note that the top speeds were capped on PS3 a while back so beating your top speed is doubtful unless you use boosts in a GTA race.

Performance upgrades that are overlooked are:

Spoilers - these add more traction to the traction stat since 1.16/7, it doesn't need to be the GT wing either.

So many people overlook them due to either not knowing about the increased traction or because the car somehow looks better without the spoiler, that may be true but I'd rather be driving a competitive car with a spoiler that I'm not keen on than be last place.

Off road tyres are just terrible to look at, I see some people driving a Massacro or a Turismo with them equipped and I have to laugh.

Vehicle armor - there is a myth that this adds weight and reduces top speed, it's BS, it helps to protect your car against heavy crashes and stops performance dropping after crashes.

I know this is a PS3 thread, but it's well known that a turbo will reduce vehicle speeds on PS4 version, it's a temporary bug and it will be fixed - PS3 is not affected.

Oh and don't use lowered suspension, bullbars or sidesteps on off-road vehicles (especially if you have a Sandking and like going through swamps).

Lowered suspension is a no-go for the Turismo, Panto, Jester, Sandking and any other off road vehicle that is made for water or rocks.

Even if the stats at LSC are full - add that turbo, transmission etc. A lot of people think it makes no difference but it does.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 6

- Armor. They don't do anything performance wise but your car can take a beating. One big crash with a non-armored car and the performance will be compromised

- Suspension: carefull. Works with most vehicles, but not on those that are already sitting low to the ground like the Turismo or Jester

- Spoiler: must have as it adds downforce and improves handling

- Turbo: currently broken on PS4 and it actually makes you go slower. Wait until they fix it.  Works as intended on PS3

- Brakes, engine, transmission: get them when you can. If you're on a budget, leave transmission for last as it adds the least to performance

- Off-road tires (DC will shoot me for this one): help with handling the curbs.  But let's be honest, doesn't look good on a supercar ...

As for the top speed stat, don't read too much into that as the measurement is sketchy.  Currently it is 157.19 on a Bati 801. This was achieved during a long distance race with catchup and slipstream.

• Like 3

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

DavidCore89@ yeah! I noticed the heavy duty off road vehicles suffered greatly when I lowered it, I actually lowered it again last night in mondane attempt to upgrade everything, will revert to stock.

I'm one of those who won't put a spoiler on some cars for aesthetic reasons and I really don't think putting one on is suddenly going to have me winning races. Also I can't put turbo on muscle cars. It just sounds wrong.

Edited by Beez620

I'm one of those who won't put a spoiler on some cars for aesthetic reasons and I really putting one on is suddenly going to have me winning races. Also I can't put turbo on muscle cars. It just sounds wrong.

Spoiler could improve your race positions by quite a lot.

Some of the spoilers are small and cannot be easily noticed, they offer the same added traction.

I do notice it's the guys at the back who do not/will not use a spoiler, I notice this when I spectate at the end of a race.

Also so many people say a spoiler doesn't look good on certain cars such as Massacro or Entity but yet they somehow think off-road wheels are doing it some justice :lol:.

A turbo on a muscle car may be wrong IRL, but not in GTA, I like how most GTA muscle cars have the 'supercharged' badge - I guess a turbo it's the next best thing.

Seriously though, you're racing with a huge disadvantage, a spoiler alone will take significant time off your laps.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Ok, I'll try DC. I can always remove it later.

Why not split your garages up into a racing garage and a freeroam garage? It's what I did and I'm not regretting it.  It does take time and you need the necessary funds though.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Why not split your garages up into a racing garage and a freeroam garage? It's what I did and I'm not regretting it. It does take time and you need the necessary funds though.

I do this all my cars are fully modded and one color that is ugly as hell.(thats how the nickname Ronald McDonald came from.) My mission or freeroam garage has cars with full performance mods and full armor and various states of body panels.

I do this all my cars are fully modded and one color that is ugly as hell.(thats how the nickname Ronald McDonald came from.) My mission or freeroam garage has cars with full performance mods and full armor and various states of body panels.

McDonalds as in yellow/red? So you are the one I crashed into during the last race in the Declasse Cup ...  Sorry for that !

I got one garage with 10 vehicles that I never use outside of races apart from two bikes, all blush silver/black (PS4) and modded with only performance in mind. The freeroam garage is a bit more colorful and diverse, but still fully modded. Just wish we could get more space as it's heart breaking having to cut down on muscle cars, bikes and vintage cars ....

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

I do notice it's the guys at the back who do not/will not use a spoiler, I notice this when I spectate at the end of a race.

Okay, here's what I've noticed; although I spend quite a bit LESS time spectating races than DC does, the guys that don't want spoilers..and are at the back, the cars are hella beat up too.  You need the traction.  =)  If you won't take that tip from DC, the guy who consistently wins races, take it from the former King of DNF.  : CRAZY :

Edited by Pr0fane
  • Like 1

pr0fane0ne.jpg

McDonalds as in yellow/red? So you are the one I crashed into during the last race in the Declasse Cup ... Sorry for that !

I thought we were SUPPOSED to aim for the mcdonalds car? :D

In all honesty I didn't know how much the armor affected speed after a collision until about a month ago. After modifying each car the difference was night and day

• Like 2

omg, i'll be taking all my cars to LSC now for armour upgrades, when i first started i read somewhere that it weighs ur car down so my entire gta time i'v never put armour on unless its just for freeroam lol. this might help with my constant broken axles during a crash in races...... : SWEAT :

omg, i'll be taking all my cars to LSC now for armour upgrades, when i first started i read somewhere that it weighs ur car down so my entire gta time i'v never put armour on unless its just for freeroam lol. this might help with my constant broken axles during a crash in races...... : SWEAT :

Lol wow, you've done very well considering you haven't used armor.

• Like 1

Good advice. Didn't realise the suspension makes low cars bottom out so much.

Does the suspension effect handling at all? And can someone clarify if there is a difference between the different tyre types and also if custom tyres help traction?

I was racing for a fair while with only half upgraded mods as I didnt have the money and also didn't realize how much they helped and then forgot about them. Also only had stock tyres on the zentorno and bati which I have changed now but can't really tell if there is any difference.

scottyb1988.jpg

Suspension gives a bit more stability, but the effect is rather marginal I find. I think it also depends on the type of vehicle.  On a Turismo it does not make much sense. The Merryweather Mesa on the other hand is very prone to roll. But if you put on 1 or 2 levels of suspension, it makes the car more stable and the difference is quite noticeble too.

Stock or custom tyres are the same. BP obviously helps with endurance, but not with performance.  In terms of tyre types, off road tyres help with managing the curbs better. Other then that, I don't think there are significant differences between types.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm one of those who won't put a spoiler on some cars for aesthetic reasons and I really putting one on is suddenly going to have me winning races. Also I can't put turbo on muscle cars. It just sounds wrong.

Spoiler could improve your race positions by quite a lot.

Some of the spoilers are small and cannot be easily noticed, they offer the same added traction.

Also so many people say a spoiler doesn't look good on certain cars such as Massacro or Entity but yet they somehow think off-road wheels are doing it some justice :lol:.

A turbo on a muscle car may be wrong IRL, but not in GTA, I like how most GTA muscle cars have the 'supercharged' badge - I guess a turbo it's the next best thing.

Seriously though, you're racing with a huge disadvantage, a spoiler alone will take significant time off your laps.

I know I'm a bit late on this, and most of you probably already know, but I put a turbo on my real life Imponte Ruiner, AKA 89 Camaro RS. Its the most awesome thing ever. Utilizing wasted exhaust gasses to make MOAR POWER! lol. When that thing spools up it sounds Beast!

OK, back to topic lolol

Edited by JusTokenII