GTA:O What's New

G37

Again, related to another thread showcasing the graphical upgrade of this edition (as well as giving me more to salivate over until my transfer), for those that have this - what's new and exciting that is NOT already mentioned?

For example Hatch posted a photo of a Zentorno with underglow.

What other tweaks and improvements are there in this PS4 rendition? Can be as small as certain menu improvements or tweaks to the creator or other things you've noticed (Hatch also mentioned photos only upload to RSC if you tag them to do so).

For those of you that ventured in early, give us some insight on the cool things we can expect when we make our way over.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Casey

• ronin

• G37

• vishesh_91

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a whole lot of anything big added to online (story has a shit load of stuff)

Barber Shop - Change eye color with contacts, change hair a beard colors to whatever you want, contacts to change eye color, can add chest hair now, can change eyebrows as well.

New cars as posted in another thread, but no Dukes O Death or the sponser painted muscles

Railgun in story mode, online got the hatchet which is really cool.

When you win a race, dm, etc... the winners screen is different than PS3, hard to explain so I will try to get a cell phone pic and post it.

In freeroam, players that are x distance from you don't show on mini map, as you get closer they fade in, but you can find them on the pause menu map. Both maps look different in color.

In creator, when making an air race and setting checkpoints there is a faded mini map showing you position.

All I can think of atm, alot of little things,

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Different walking styles for your character-Normal,Gangster,Femme,Tough Guy and Posh.

The Imponte Dukes has an option which allows you to get the roof painted as your country's flag.

Dodo Seaplane is really cool,it was hopping from wave to another lol,but I couldn't manage to get it back in the air(still learning)

The weapons look amazing when shooting in FPV. 

Riding a bike and wheeling in FPV was the best thing I've experienced in the game till now.

DM's feel really smooth.

Thats all I remember,will post more soon.

• Like 4

The attack priorities have changed. No longer low and standard but attackers, everyone and something else that I can't remember!

It rains a lot more for a lot longer it seems.

The map is now black instead of green which I don't like, not sure if I can change this yet.

You can buy the special addition hammer now.

Wearing the flight helmet when flying gives you a heads up display.

Lights on the control panel show you when undercarriage is up or down in 1st person mode.

My favorite thing is the 3D effect, theres a lot of stuff blurs into the background while the foreground gets sharper, especially when shooting and slow motion in stunt jumps.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

I'm curious: can you make stock races with the vehicles that are not featured in the PS3 creator?  For example, the creator on the PS3 doesn't have the Rat-Loader, Manana, or even the Ruinier.  Can these be selected for the only vehicle to be used when making a race?  Have they added the missing vehicles for usage in TDMs, captures, etc.?

Also, what about the PLs?  There probably haven't been many custom captures or LTS maps made for PS4 yet, but curious minds want to know if they have fixed that ability.

Good stuff, guys!  I look forward to trying it in a few months. :D

You can now change hair colour and make up to different shades individually. Hair is no longer just 4 or 5 different shades, there's heaps of them. Same goes for make-up, eyebrows, lipstick, blusher. These can all be changed individually.

Also the people that changing TO ps4 get the collectors edition cars from the ps3 edition like the hotknife and that electric car

Handbrake and headlight show up on the dashboard when used

Im not sure about this 1 but u can now aim first and shoot whenever you want in a car

Instead of only shooting

• Like 2

@johan, shooting from cars is indeed different. You can now aim with L1 without firing a shot.  Makes it a bit more difficult as there is now an extra button to deal with when shooting from a vehicle. 

X is no longer the handbrake. It is now used for ducking behind the steering wheel.

Also, new gen cars are slower then their old gen counterparts !

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Player Targeting Priority

Everyone - Treat all players (friends & non-friends) as threats

Strangers - Treat all non-friends as threats

Attackers - Treat all non-friend players who damage you as threats

• Like 2

Are there new hairstyles?  Or the same ones we have now with more customization options?

Hairstyles are the same but there are loads of different shades now 

YR_AHaG4v0KFcQb3SgjOew_0_0.jpg

• Like 2

@johan, shooting from cars is indeed different. You can now aim with L1 without firing a shot.  Makes it a bit more difficult as there is now an extra button to deal with when shooting from a vehicle. 

X is no longer the handbrake. It is now used for ducking behind the steering wheel.

Also, new gen cars are slower then their old gen counterparts !

But luckily theres a option to change it back like the ps3 version this also counts for the handbrake

• Like 2

Awesome !  Didn't know you could reset it to the PS3 controls.  I don't mind the handbrake thing too much as I barely ever use it, but the new shooting from vehicles setup is a bit too complex for my simple brain :D

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Not been online much yet but I noticed your phone background is the crew logo.

Also dlc cars spawn in traffic but not as often as in sp. Saw a huntley and panto outside my garage last night.

Edited by rofur

Just found out that if you slide your finger over the touchpad to the right ot left, it pulls up your weapon wheel and respectively goes clock and counter clockwise through the wheel making you select weapons in an alternative (faster?) way.

Move your finger downwards and it draws/undraws your weapon.

While in a vehicle up and down on the touch pad change radio channel, left and right the weapon

Edited by ronin1904
  • Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Oh that's right. Forgot the PS4 utilized a touchscreen too. I don't like that, more shit for me to make sure stays clean.

Interesting about the cars being "slower" but I guess that's an attempt to tie it to a more immersive experience, donno.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Oh that's right. Forgot the PS4 utilized a touchscreen too. I don't like that, more shit for me to make sure stays clean.

Interesting about the cars being "slower" but I guess that's an attempt to tie it to a more immersive experience, donno.

About the cars being slower, I think it has to do with the introduction of FPV.  Not sure it would have been playable at PS3 speeds. It takes a while to get used to.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg