About editing PS3 stuff on PS4

JustHatched

I just got the prompt if I edited a creation PS4 that was made on PS3, it would no longer be available o PS3 players.

Just an FYI.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Read something similar on GTAF.

That really annoys Me ... off course I understand that if you make changes to a map with new props that this wouldn't change in the PS3 version, but don't see the problem by keeping the original for PS3.

Once again R* succeed in provoking me....

Now I have a problem choosing what to transfer to the PS4 and what to leave behind.

Most likely I'll create new stuff to the PS4 and leave the old behind to play with the DM  enthusiasts.

When enough and the right people has transferred l'll start transferring jobs. (with the right people I mean those whom I actually play DM's with, don't misunderstand there's no wrong people ;)

You can select to copy the creation then edit the copy. The original will stay with PS3

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Yes, please dont take away our PS3 jobs. Make copies instead and publish duplicates. :)

Thank you!

There needs to be some sort of sticky or must read about this.  I know I may move over eventually, but what makes GTA online the best is playing our custom jobs.  I'd hate to lose that ability, and I think most here feel the same.

• Like 3

You can select to copy the creation then edit the copy. The original will stay with PS3

As Hatched wrote, this is not an issue as long as the creator copy's the job and editing the copy instead of the original :D

As Hatched wrote, this is not an issue as long as the creator copy's the job and editing the copy instead of the original :D

True, we just need to do everything we can to get people to remember this. ;)

We need a compilation of useful tidbits like this. Because there will be more.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I hope handcuff_charlie knows.  Hate to lose access to all his stuff.

I'm in his PMS crew, also. I'll message him. He's not getting a PS4 until Jan I think anyway.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the latest broughy's video.

Looks like Tire stack prop got a serious upgrade on PS4 and can now be placed AROUND a lamp post. :)

That's wonderful news as you can now protect any critical lamp posts, mostly those on inside of the corners and on the outside of turn exits, which were knocked down very often.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I tried editing a couple of my PS3 deathmatches that I created within buildings but since the ps4 update the number of required team spawn points has increased. Due to the confined locations I'm unable to add more spawn points. Will that deathmatch still be available to play on the PS4 even though I can't edit it anymore?

Each time I try to edit a 16 player PS3 race, the number of players and grid size is greyed out.

The area has more than enough room for 30 cars.

I've tried moving the start line, deleting the start line, everything!

@Hatch, did you remake the whole race for the Runabout?

Each time I try to edit a 16 player PS3 race, the number of players and grid size is greyed out.

The area has more than enough room for 30 cars.

I've tried moving the start line, deleting the start line, everything!

@Hatch, did you remake the whole race for the Runabout?

No, I edited the starting grid (had to move it to allow that many cars) and added a few props. It's a copy, not a remake.

Happen to have PS4 on atm, so here is the steps, some I am sure you know >>Load Creation > Placement > Checkpoints > Move the "cars" to your starting grid CP > Edit > Adjust Max Players > Adjust Grid Dimensions > Place

Hope that helps

Ok, just checked.....

Made a copy of a ps3 race by pressing triangle

Loaded it up

Select 'checkpoints' from menu

Go to start grid and press x to edit

Increase number of players to desired amount