FIFA 15

DavidCore89

A thread for FIFA 15 players on both PS3&4 (hence no prefix, but if a mod would like this thread to be platform specific just let me know or go ahead and edit).

Here is a place to share game tips, tactics, opinions, find people to game with and much more.

I started playing this a few days ago and my impressions so far are... Wow!

EA Sports have really stepped it up this year, every aspect of the game has had a complete overhaul.

I have yet to play career mode so I cannot comment on that but it was always my least favourite, so far all of my gameplay has been FUT, Highlights of the Week and online friendlies.

My results have varied, already in the few days I have played, I have had some good results but I have also been thrashed and conceded 7 goals in a match (this never happened on any previous titles), I'm still holding a positive online win/loss ratio (barely).

My trusted tactics are needing a re-think this year.

FUT gold packs seem to be giving better players and items in comparison to previous titles, I spent 100K on packs and had Vincent Kompany (sold for 86K) and Wayne Rooney (sold for 46K) along with various other players worth upto 10K each and also some valuable position modifiers.

I don't recall beginner mode being in previous titles, having to complete the beginner mode FUT tournaments is pretty boring when the other teams do not even seem to know what they're doing.

There are many things that I have yet to check out in the game, but feel free to post any FIFA 15 thoughts here.

I will compile a list of players and their platform in the OP, feel free to add any or ask to be added to the list, hopefully we can get a good few people.

DavidCore89 (PS4).

vishesh_91 (PS4).

SanAndreasRealOG (PS4)

Vanweeeezy (PS3)

Thanks!

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

Playing with Preston North End with Gary Rowett as manager in career mode.Got bored of playing with Arsenal year after year so I thought of taking up the challenge of making Preston one of the best teams in Europe.

Won the League 1 title with them in my first season and I'm in the Championship now.Doing quite well,currently in the top 4 after 8-10 games.

My team mainly consists of youngsters with good potential like Munir,Zelalem,Bentaleb.Can't remember the others but they're all between 17-21 with an overall of 67-72.

The only problem I had was the budget.Its fixed(500,000 pounds) and any money saved during a season doesn't carry over,but I found a solution for that.I'll still have to sell a lot to generate funds for future deals.

Haven't started FUT yet but will do soon.I've heard that Theo Walcott is the best player in the game as a striker with 7 chem,thats something I'll try out definitely.

I hate that they removed trade offers this year,it was very important for the way i used to make money and now I'll have to try out different techniques.I don't spend money on packs,actually I never spend extra cash on any game.But I might have to start buying coins from coin selling websites as I've started working now  and will have to include GTA and FIFA in my schedule which will leave no time for trading.

Other than FUT,Manager Mode,Seasons and Friendlies I rarely play anything else.

Have you tried out the voice commands?Cool new feature,but only for offline play.

Add me to the list man.

• Like 1

Added!

Yeah I noticed the removal of trades, it should make the transfer market much more competitive.

After a bit of trial and error I usually find a nice method to make coins in the transfer market so I will look into that soon.

Last year I made a lot on David De Gea's and Thomas Muller's, as soon as I listed them they would immediately sell for a nice profit, easily sell 30 of those in 10 minutes but I think this year will be tougher.

I was gonna buy some coins from a website too but I'm unsure as I haven't ever done that before, if you know a safe website then I'll check it out.

I still need to check out the voice commands on PS4 and I didn't know they could be used in FIFA at all so that's pretty interesting.

I bought gold rare contracts (for 150 coins each) worth 700,000 coins during the Januray market crash(when the Team of the Year is released) in FIFA 13 and made around 3 million by selling them for 700+ through 3 different accounts.

Then I would target the really expensive players who would go for 1 mil+ and would make profits of 100000-200000 on them.Its actually easy to trade when you have a large amount of coins.

Ended up with 6 mil by the end of the game and got to try the highest rated in-forms,TOTS,TOTY players.

Played FUT 14 only in the last month because of the Domestic Battery addiction so I don't know if that technique still works,but still the Jan market crash should be a good time to invest.

A friend of mine recently bought coins online but I can't remember the name of that website.I'll ask him and let you know soon.

I'm guessing other sites like MMOGA and THEFUTSHOP which are heavily advertised by some well known FIFA youtubers should be reliable and you get a 5% discount if you use their code.

Wow, that's some nice transfer work man!

I just started to invest in TOTW tonight, hope to have a few cheaper players by the end of the night.

Sorry for the plate of food and the bad quality. :D the trick is......L1 and full power! I've been trying every time I get a free kick in and around this area for the last 3 weeks easily. So I was shaking and rushing abit.

• Like 3

sanandreasrealog.jpg

Sorry for the plate of food and the bad quality. :D the trick is......L1 and full power! I've been trying every time I get a free kick in and around this area for the last 3 weeks easily. So I was shaking and rushing abit.

utterly-shocked-kitten.jpg

• Like 3

meh... there is no way you can do trick goals like that in PES 2015. now THAT is a real football game.

before you guys throw bricks at me, this is just a joke :D

now back to the real topic, which is the lamest football game ever. :D

juventono.jpg

Good thread. I haven't been able to get a PS4 yet and have been trying hard to wait and get one and FIFA 15 instead of getting it on PS3.

Played the demo a bunch and agree with DC about having to change normal play and tactics, it was just different....mainly pace.

Hope to be you guys sooner than later and would like to join in with you guys when I upgrade to PS4.

• Like 2

alchemist3321.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

im on ps3, absolutely lovin 15. The bug of just running at the defense straight from kickoff is really annoying online, especially if people just have sweaty pace up front like doumbia. Ive got a solid ultimate team and thats what i play on primarily. I have walcott but hes not been that great, extremely pacey but thats about it. Lukaku and jovetic up front are amazing, romelu is a complete chest and jovetic scores some of the most unbelievable goals.

my ultimate team atm is (hope this format works)

4-1-2-1-2

Jovetic-Lukakau

Cabella

Eriksson-Walcott

Tiote

Gibbs-Sakho-Pique-Debuchy

De Gea

Got coutinho but honestly prefer cabella

im on ps3, absolutely lovin 15. The bug of just running at the defense straight from kickoff is really annoying online, especially if people just have sweaty pace up front like doumbia. Ive got a solid ultimate team and thats what i play on primarily. I have walcott but hes not been that great, extremely pacey but thats about it. Lukaku and jovetic up front are amazing, romelu is a complete chest and jovetic scores some of the most unbelievable goals.

my ultimate team atm is (hope this format works)

4-1-2-1-2

Jovetic-Lukakau

Cabella

Eriksson-Walcott

Tiote

Gibbs-Sakho-Pique-Debuchy

De Gea

Got coutinho but honestly prefer cabella

Looks a solid team, that formation never works for me, not enough width...

I see many others using it to great success though.

I hate using the really fast players, some are just unbelievably quick with the chemistry boost from FUT, Aubameyang for example is nowhere near as good as Falcao IRL but he destroys him in FUT due to his pace.

Edited by DavidCore89

yea, its the one with rm/lm instead of cm/cm cos i know what you mean about the width. I got walcott in a pack rather than buying him and hes the only super pacey guy i have really, im about the passing game rather than just holding RT like loads of the people i come up against. Aubameyang has been the scourge of a few games haha, but the whole dortmund team is pretty filthy. Bundesliga is probs the best league irl (or BBVA) and on fifa but its no fun if your team is better than everyone else ;)

haha This trick to score the goal from the middle of the pitch reminded me of a trick I used to do in Superstar Soccer on Snes :D

In this video at 4:58

http://youtu.be/lEYhkvEOd1U?t=4m58s

ISS and ISS 2 were awesome man

• Like 1

Just bought this on Black Friday sale :)

I'll probably just play FUT as I always do.

My problem is that's it's just junk in the gold package's, this is the first fifa I haven't bought on release date for many years.

And from my experience you get the best players the first week.

Got 2200 points included in the B-F deal, best player I got was an tow player I've never heard of, and only got around 10K for him. :(

Nice goals OG :)

Edited by RO9M
  • Like 1