Car with 7 (or more) seats?

Lann

So I have tried the Ford S-max:

A nice car to drive considering the size. But the 3rd row of seats was small and I felt bad for putting one of the family back there, inches from the rear window. Also, too small for a family of 6 if you want to bring a few bags.

Ford_S-MAX_Titanium_in_Panther_Black.jpg

Right now i have this VW Multivan. So much space, even with a small table and turn-able seats in the second row. You are sitting up high overlooking traffic. But all car feeling is gone. But I love this car bus!

multivan%2520et%2520nature%25204.jpg

If I could I would go for a Suburban, Tahoe or Navigator, but they don't sell them over here.

I find the SUV-look more attractive that the bus-look.

So I am interested in any reflections or tips of cars that can hold 6-7 people and a few bags.

If I needed something that big (and I had the money) this is what I'd buy... Infiniti QX80.  That thing is a glorious thing.  Don't think it will fit in my garage though.

cq5dam.web.950.535.jpeg

If I needed something that big (and I had the money) this is what I'd buy... Infiniti QX80. That thing is a glorious thing. Don't think it will fit in my garage though.

cq5dam.web.950.535.jpeg

Surprisingly the QX80 is short height wise enough that it would clear. I'd have to look up exact figures, but my car is about a foot longer than the Infiniti. I did have the Armada for work and that fit just fine when I backed it in the garage long enough to unload the playhouse we bought for Christmas at that time.

Edit*. The QX80 is 203 inches long, the Vanden Plas is just over 205.

Edited by Mr. Jag

The Multivan is 208 inches, and it fits right now, so the QX80 would be just fine. But i dont think it sells over here, and it would be too expensive i imagine.

But nice car!

I would love me one of these, but not realistic right now.

Daimler%20Double-Six%201988%20front.jpg

• Like 1

The old XJ jaguars are truly superb cars for comfort and I miss mine. However the build quality is nonexistent so you need yo be handy with the spanners and don't expect decent mpg.

• Like 1

The old XJ jaguars are truly superb cars for comfort and I miss mine. However the build quality is nonexistent so you need yo be handy with the spanners and don't expect decent mpg.

We have an old XJ (8 years old).  It's so huge.  I have a hard time driving it and have to park twenty miles away from the entrance to any store.  :lol:

• Like 1

Ours is the aluminium body with the 6 speed gearbox and I've been consistently getting 20 mpg, about 3 better than the V8 S-Type. I've already had to replace both front hub assemblies, but the funny thing is that I find it a bit easier to work on than our previous cars.

• Like 1

Ours is the aluminium body with the 6 speed gearbox and I've been consistently getting 20 mpg, about 3 better than the V8 S-Type. I've already had to replace both front hub assemblies, but the funny thing is that I find it a bit easier to work on than our previous cars.

The newest one I've had so far is from the early 1990s. Rust is a big problem with the early ones. I will get a supercharged XJR at some stage though.

• Like 1