Custom car order

zmurko

Quick question.

What determines the order of custom cars in vehicle selection screen in races?

Is it dependent on the garage slot number? Or date of purchase? Or something else?

Rght now, my default super car (1st available) is Entity and Zentorno is 2nd and my sports cars are in this order: Comet, Eleghy, Feltzer, Massacro.

I would like to change this order, as it occasionaly happens you don't get to select a car (with unusual long loading screen).

• Like 1

My guess would be order in which you bought it. If I'm in a muscle car race my Blade pops up first which is the last one I bought. My Buccaneer is last and it was the first car Little Beez had and my Dominator is right in the middle.

It will default to the last car you raced in that class in game. If this is the first race I that class for the day, it defaults to alphabetical order.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

Oh damn, alphabetical order then, eh? That sucks. I'm tired of having to select Zentorno before each race, might as well just sell the Entity then.

That's exactly how my cars are sorted too in the selection screen now that I think of it. Same for compacts: Bifta, Issi, Panto, Rhapsody.

Thanks for clearing that up Dodge!

It is definitely not date of purchase Beez, as my Entity is way older than my Zentorno.

Edited by zmurko

I think it is alphabetical too.

My Buccaneer always comes up first followed by the Dominator, the Sabre GT and finally the Vigero. However the order of purchase/theft was Dominator, Vigero, Sabre, Buccaneer. Now that I have the Comet for next Sunday, this car always comes up first instead of the usual Elegy. Same with the bikes, Bati always comes first.

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

Alphabetical has boned me so many times.

I love the Mañana. I really do. I had to get rid of it because I got stuck with it on my own 8 mile sports classic race because Monroe and Z-Type follow. It's the worst when the game bypasses the car selection screen because it's too busy choking on the billions of dollars it raised.

The whole using the last vehicle in the last race of the last type is helpful, but I'm not sure exactly how long that stays in queue for. For example if I select the Massacro it'll pop up first or should next sports race, however, if I log off and come back in a day or 2 I can't remember if it'll be on my first alphabetical car or if it'll resume Massacro.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Alphabetical has boned me so many times.

I love the Mañana. I really do. I had to get rid of it because I got stuck with it on my own 8 mile sports classic race because Monroe and Z-Type follow. It's the worst when the game bypasses the car selection screen because it's too busy choking on the billions of dollars it raised.

The whole using the last vehicle in the last race of the last type is helpful, but I'm not sure exactly how long that stays in queue for. For example if I select the Massacro it'll pop up first or should next sports race, however, if I log off and come back in a day or 2 I can't remember if it'll be on my first alphabetical car or if it'll resume Massacro.

I think that's what they are saying. It'll remember the last selection as long as you stay in GTAO, but if you log off and log in and play another one, it will default to the first alphabetical custom vehicle.

I'm also not entirely sure it remembers last used car from each class. Let's say I use a sports car and then go on and do few races with other classes. Does it rememeber which sports car I was using on the next sports car race? 

For example, 4 races:

1. sports, I select Feltzer

2. supers, I select Zentorno

3. compacts, I select Rhapsody

4. sports, will it default to Feltzer or go back to Comet, which is my 1st sports car?