What type of music do you listen to? Fav band, singer, etc...??

JustHatched

I listen to all sorts of things, hard rock, classic rock, old country, symphony and a small bit of pop and hip hop

Metallica is my all time favorite followed by AC/DC. Although Rosanne Cash, Marie Osmand and Lady Gaga have the best voices of anyone IMO.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

When I first became interested in music, I was so ignorant. I thought the blues and rock music was the only good stuff! Then I started playing the guitar and studying music and I opened my mind. 

I listen to pretty much anything, though I can' stand the mainstream radio music. It gives me a feeling in my stomach like bile. I was listening to Akala and Chase & Status on the way into work this morning.

Reggae/Dub, Metal, Lo-Fi, Blues, Jazz, Dubstep, Latino, Bossa Nova.. its all good! 

Top 5 'artists'

1) Jimi Hendrix
2) Pantera
3) Sublime
4) Isak Strand vs Toe
5) Tony Joe White

1 hour ago, Hatch said:

I listen to all sorts of things, hard rock, classic rock, old country, symphony and a small bit of pop and hip hop

Metallica is my all time favorite followed by AC/DC. Although Rosanne Cash, Marie Osmand and Lady Gaga have the best voices of anyone IMO.

Big Metallica fan right here too. Seen them 4 times live now and I also even like Load and Reload. 

Other fav bands include, NIN, Pantera, Slayer, Manson, RATM, G n' R, AC\DC, Nirvana, Alice in Chains.... Ohh, and Dolly Parton. 😉

Big Metallica fan right here! Seen them 4 times already and got tickets to see them at the Etihad Stadium in June.

Having said that I do listen to all kinds of stuff, mainly Rock/Metal but I am partial to a bit of Electronic music when in the mood...

I play guitar (not so much these days) and have been involved in a couple of bands in my youth, infact I had a Dubstep/Metal project a while back. Which you can find if you search for Mythaga on YouTube (Now you know where the name comes from 😋)

Other favourite bands, in no particular order:

Def Leppard, Parkway Drive, While She Sleeps, Ghost, Green Day, The Wildhearts, Killswitch Engage, Fear Factory, Whitechapel, Malevolence, Rise of the Northstar etc. etc. I could go on but I won't 😝

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 1

Whatever Mrs Chubb is playing...

Been ages since I purchased any music, especially since Spotify has been our 'go to' for music. I think Roots Manuva was the last artist I spent money on. Other than that I have a varied taste and can listen to most music. I spent my teen's listening to Jungle so that is my 'coming of age' music and will always hold a sentimental spot for me. After about 2000 I gave up listening to new music.

My current alarm music to wake me up is Grieg's Morning Mood (Peer Gynt), something a little different to the above. 😉 

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Ahhhhhh a music chat. Watching tv with the wife at the moment, but will spend an hour typing something later......

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

So, yes music, probably my favourite thing in life.

Do I have a certain genre I listen to over others? No.

I like everything. My CD collection has everything from rock, to house to hip hop. That's all down to my dad playing stuff like led zepplin, Eric Clapton, zz top when I was a kid

Mainly I'm into metal anything from the old school iron maiden and Metallica to newer stuff in parkway drive or five finger death punch, but I seem to go through phases of listening to things.

Currently im listening to edm music, no idea why, but I'm loving it. That said at work I have absolute classic rock on and enjoy singing along to the classics of the eagles etc.

Another big fave of mine is blues, had the pleasure of seeing bb king live in concert and have seen various other blues artists over the years.

The easiest way to show my eclectic taste is my next 2 gigs are am American country blues group and then some German industrial metal.

Oh yeah and as Chubb said, I bloody love an Australian band called the beards who sing songs about beards, who I am coincidently listening to right now. 

Edited by CatManDoza
  • Like 2

I enjoy most everything out there except for the current pop c*ntry trend and most everything top 40/pop oriented.

I love old school rap/hip hop but have no interest in the stuff called rap in the last decade or so.

My main interest is the world of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. I lean more to the extreme sides of Metal. Death Metal, Grindcore, Thrash, etc but enjoy most everything. That said, much like rap, I do not care much for the stuff they call "Metal" these days. 

I like Metallica even though the majority of metal people make fun of them. They are just mad that the band can still sellout a huge arena while their favorite bands are long dead.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

Big Metallica fan right here too. Seen them 4 times live now and I also even like Load and Reload. 

Other fav bands include, NIN, Pantera, Slayer, Manson, RATM, G n' R, AC\DC, Nirvana, Alice in Chains.... Ohh, and Dolly Parton. 😉

Dolly Parton when she was younger. Oh my lawwwwwd  

spacer.png

• Like 3

I still pay for music the old fashioned way too. Restarted my Vinyl collection in the last couple of years. I find that the way new music is made and played these days is sad for me. I remember waiting at my local record store on release days of big albums taking them home and reading the lyrics and inlay sleeves as I played the album in its entirety. Millennials will never experience that. 😔

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

I still pay for music the old fashioned way too. Restarted my Vinyl collection in the last couple of years. I find that the way new music is made and played these days is sad for me. I remember waiting at my local record store on release days of big albums taking them home and reading the lyrics and inlay sleeves as I played the album in its entirety. Millennials will never experience that. 😔

I agree, I use Spotify like everyone else, but if its a band I particularly like I make a point of buying the CD, as I like the artwork and reading the sleeve notes etc. Plus there's no USB or AUX jack in my car so I have to play CD's :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

CD's all the way, the one thing I won't throw away, just incase I want to listen to something 

• Like 2

I use vinyl at home for those older albums that aren't online anywhere. I love sitting with a glass of Port or Scotch and listening to the old time music but its mainly Spotify in my car and home.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sinister said:

I like Metallica even though the majority of metal people make fun of them. They are just mad that the band can still sellout a huge arena while their favorite bands are long dead.

I was listening to a podcast the other day and the subject of Metallica vs Guns N Roses come up which I think relates to your comment. I am a Guns fan as well, what Metallica has done is adapt to the times and keep putting out music and while some of it is different than when they started it is still the same sound. Guns while having a huge fan base is nothing more than a nostalgia band now, the difference in sound between Appetite for Destruction and Use Your Illusion is quite different. Guns and many of the bands that were awesome are nothing more than memories of my youth while Metallica still keeps going.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I do get frustrated with some people within the metal scene who have very elitist and narrow minded attitudes. They believe a metal band should sound and look a certain way and anything that differs from that in any way is not seen as 'worthy' and gets ridiculed.

Music is all about self expression, bands should not be afraid to experiment and try new things. In fact some of my favourite bands have done just that.

That's why I have no time whatsoever for 99.9% of pop music and most stuff in the top 40. Its usually unoriginal copy cat artists or record company created 'products' aimed at people with no ability to think for themselves...

I feel a rant coming on...better stop now :classic_laugh:

• Like 3

@Hatch and @Mythaga yeah I can agree with those comments. And although GnR are not likely to release anything new anytime soon they still put on one hell of a gig when I seen them 2 years ago in London. Appetite for Destruction is still my favourite album after all these years. 

• Like 1

One of the best live bands I have seen recently was Parkway Drive. Went to see them at Nottingham Arena in January and they were incredible! Probably second only to Metallica for best live act I have seen.

Parkway drive are another band that have had to adapt to the Times. Their older stuff was lovely and screamy, the last time I heard a new track by them it sounded a lot more mainstream.

9 hours ago, Mythaga said:

I do get frustrated with some people within the metal scene who have very elitist and narrow minded attitudes. They believe a metal band should sound and look a certain way and anything that differs from that in any way is not seen as 'worthy' and gets ridiculed.

Music is all about self expression, bands should not be afraid to experiment and try new things. In fact some of my favourite bands have done just that.

That's why I have no time whatsoever for 99.9% of pop music and most stuff in the top 40. Its usually unoriginal copy cat artists or record company created 'products' aimed at people with no ability to think for themselves...

I feel a rant coming on...better stop now :classic_laugh:

Elitists are the worst. Being a Pantera fan makes one learn to ignore them.

Sadly they exist in all genres of music.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sinister said:

Stronger than all!!!! 💪💪💪 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sinister said:

And all walks of life...

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

17 hours ago, M.C.Lethal Dose said:

Stronger than all!!!! 💪💪💪 

I cried like a damn baby when Dime was murdered.  Some of his solos still bring a tear to my eye.

• Like 1

Being as there seems to be a strong rock/metal collective in this thread, something I've been looking forward to for ages ahead for their summer tour

New Rammstein:

• Like 1