Hosting GTA Crew Playlists: A Guideline.

JustHatched

With so many in the crew and the need for us to keep things as fresh and interesting as possible it does require some new playlist and event hosts to keep new ideas coming in. This is a guide to help get the members who have not hosted a playlist a chance to know the details of getting one going and being a success at it. Within this crew everyone has a chance to host something should they choose to, on occasion we may seek out a person to take over hosting duties for a playlist. However if you want to host, don't wait for the events staff or myself to ask.

Everyone in this crew has been in a crew playlist, if you haven't then you for sure were a member before the vetting policy was put in place. So you already know events are posted in the forum before they take place. This is the starting point for your playlist/event.

If you need help from the crew in planning your event then you need to post the basics of your idea in the Events Planning Forum and be sure to select the "Planning" prefix. Once you have all the details in place (or you do not need the crew to assist in details) change the prefix to "Submission" so the Events Staff knows you are looking for a calendar opening and so that they can ensure all the details are in place for the event so there is no doubt from the crew in what is happening when they show up. When planning and hosting your event know that some ideas are really good, others not so much. Each host has had good ones and bad ones, it happens and should not discourage you.

Also when planning, consider your target timezone, at this time you pretty much target North America or Europe as that is where the bulk of the crew is. It is possible to hit both but that requires careful timing to get the most from both.

So now you have your idea in place, dates, times, etc.. all done. It is time to put your playlist together(some do it days ahead of time, other wait until the last minute). Any job in the game can be found and bookmarked on Social Club and many crew jobs can also be found in the website creation forums. The choice is yours in how you want to find them, but all must be bookmarked on Social Club.

So how do you find jobs on RSC? Visit Social Club and click on Jobs as underlined in red

rsc1.png

When you are taken to the next screen, click the 3 line thing that the red arrow is pointing to in order to open the drop menu that is shown. In this drop menu you can select the criteria for jobs you are looking for. For Platform Playstation 4 and Playstation 3 are the only ones you can bookmark. Meaning you can not bookmark an Xbox One job to be played on PS4. 

After selecting your criteria, scroll down to view the jobs.

rsc2.png

When you see a job you want to bookmark, tick the bookmark icon as shown in the pic. See the next pic for an explanation of the red X

rsc3.png

To see the details of a job such as how many players the job can hold click the picture of the job where the red X is. Here you can also bookmark the job, but you can see all the specifics of the job.

rsc4.png

Now you are ready to go in game and put the playlist together, to do so you must be online, go to the pause menu, select playlists and then create. From there you can add your jobs, R*, bookmarked, etc.. and then save it. It is recommended to experiment before hand with some BS playlists to the feel for editing a playlist.

Note also that the in game system is usually broken. As of this post bookmarked Captures and LTS's can not be added to a playlist. Also sometimes your created jobs or the bookmarked jobs will not show up either. If this is the case one fix is to visit RSC, in your settings there re-authenticate your PSN ID. Reload the game and try again. 

Once done, when the time comes to play, visit your pause menu, click Playlists, select the correct one, hit X and send invites.

Once everyone is playing hopefully all goes well, but in reality that rarely happens. People get kicked, generally it is polite to allow a reasonable amount of time for a kicked player to get back in. Both parties should be communicating on the website shoutbox. If a big portion, the host, or the entire lobby gets kicked, the host should edit the playlist to the next job the was going to be played and reinvite everyone. Again, all this should be getting communicated thru the website shoutbox.

As a new host, the first couple times you do this it may seem like quite the task, but it does become 2nd nature.

Hopefully some of the other experienced hosts will comment and fill the gaps I left out.

• Like 8

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Nicely put and it may seem very overwhelming (something so non-serious looking so serious), but it's really just a series of small things to insure we all have a good time, are courteous and to make sure things run smoothly.

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Nice post.

Also jobs can be sorted by date published (newest first), likes, plays and name - you can find this drop down menu under the yellow search button as posted in the screenshots above.

Another suggestion is to set all DM's with traffic off if the default setting is not already set to off, it causes mayhem with the map, players getting mowed etc, but most of all it causes lag for the bullets.

Same in captures unless they really need to be on - traffic and wanted levels off for the same reason as above, lag.

Another common mistake is setting a regular deathmatch to teams, it doesn't work - Deathmatch and team deathmatch are different game modes, the map was designed for one game mode and they both have a

different symbol too.

People may also notice that I always set opponent health bar off, I do this because if there is someone hiding, you'll know they are there because of the stupid health bar that stick out like a sore thumb.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 5

Nice post Hatch!

And there was some good guidelines given in this topic already a while back, if anyone wants to have a read, mostly from this post onwards:

http://www.domesticbatterygta.com/topic/2459-hosting-playlists-help/?p=31940

People may also notice that I always set opponent health bar off, I do this because if there is someone hiding, you'll know they are there because of the stupid health bar that stick out like a sore thumb.

Ohh! I like this one. Clever! Cheers DC!

Edited by zmurko

Great work Hatched :)

@DC, nice pointers, I actually have a few of my latest TDM's with traffic on to make some chaos, I didn't think of the lag though :o 

Both my "Lumber Logger" and "Tractor Parts and Smelly Farts" has traffic on to make a "different" scenario each time you play them, you actually get many new covers trough the game because of the cars that stops and crashes in the middle of the street. 

It's quite fun and I haven't had any problems with bullet lag, I think anyway. if we do I know what to fix first though, Thanks Mate :)

Great work Hatched :)

@DC, nice pointers, I actually have a few of my latest TDM's with traffic on to make some chaos, I didn't think of the lag though :o

Both my "Lumber Logger" and "Tractor Parts and Smelly Farts" has traffic on to make a "different" scenario each time you play them, you actually get many new covers trough the game because of the cars that stops and crashes in the middle of the street. 

It's quite fun and I haven't had any problems with bullet lag, I think anyway. if we do I know what to fix first though, Thanks Mate :)

The lag usually only happens with rifles and MG's.

• Like 1

Lots of people still complaining of lag during DM's, please turn the traffic off.

The behavior of traffic during DM's is ridiculous, cars flipping over for no reason etc...  

• 1 month later...

Is there a work-around for putting Captures and LTS in playlists?

Not that I have found, but I was able to use R* original LTS jobs in a playlist Saturday without incident, but I think all the R* jobs have always been fine.

There is, but requires some effort and cooperation with the creator.

Someone needs to host the capture/LTS you want to put in the playlist and you need to take part. It is usually only the creator who can host them.

After you've played the job, it'll appear in your Recently played jobs menu and as far as I know it can be added to a PL from there.

One of the hosts from the Farewell PS3 event might be able to help you even more, as quite a few managed to put captures in their PLs that night. I think they've used the above method.

• Like 1