Everyday apex

Lann

So i find myself working on my driving, taking curves and hitting the apex in the most efficient way for at least 20 minutes every day.

I have been doing this for almost a year now, but I only recently noticed the potential for improvements, and since I also enjoy it even more.

It does not matter that it is in a rather modest car,

Vw-multivan_420_m.jpg

and the tracks is one travelled usually five times a week, but rarely on the weekends, I still enjoy it.

How about you, anyone suffering from the same disturbing habit?

Edited by lann3fors
  • Like 2

Same here. Highway on and off ramps and interchanges are the best as you can use the whole lane, speeds can be higher safely and they have curves, sometimes even banked. The best one is an  on-ramp that goes right, short straight, double apex left with a slight bank then another right before the merge. I hate it when someone slow is in front of me. This is all in a Jetta TDI btw. :lol:

Lann, I used to have a 2003 Weekender but sold it, wish I didn't. That was the last year we got them in the colonies. :(

• Like 2

I used to get the urge on on/off ramps when I had my GTO. I'd do the occasional power slide and burnout too. The Jag keeps me a bit more relaxed. I seem to just drive instead of sometimes attacking corners.

ab8257f2-4c5e-4392-8627-98d4f98f9efc_zps

• Like 1

I do all my deliveries in an HHR, it corners pretty good till you get up around 85/90 mph. Ride with me on Valenines Day or Mothers Day and I will show you hitting the apex while still not dumping over any vases. Lucky for me we have cops and judges as customers and their wives flowers just might be in the car so they tend to just ignore me on the holidays.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I am gear jamming my 328is all the time. My drive to and from work is about a 10 minute trip. Although, lately I get to run some cloverleafs going to my son's football practice Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Pretty sure I'm not pushing the car hard enough.

Dodgeservice.png

Ever since I have joined the crew and started to focus more on racing I have become a bit more of a rev head and focused on taking the corners properly (hitting the apex and going faster in general around them).

Unfortunately I only have my work ute which is heavy and has a lot of body roll but it is good for learning as you can feel what the car is doing and it feels fast without actually going to fast.

I previously owned a Holden SS commodore, which is a 4 door sedan with a V8 in it. That year model had the LS1 in it which is a 5.7l V8.

It did have some minor work done by the previous owner and had a rating of 220rwkw. Needless to say, it was very fast and I had some great times in it and surprisingly never got caught speeding.

When I worked at the snow, we had a very nice little drive up the mountain which made you focus on driving. And I also live right next to the royal national park and it is quiet infamous for having car enthusiasts driving through it. It can be quiet dangerous as there are some big turns and drops to either side. I have never really gone through there at any speed as there are lots of cops and it's dangerous.

My friend took his R32 GTR through there and misjudged a corner and went flipping down the hill in it. The car was written off but he some how walked away with a few bruises from it.

• Like 3

scottyb1988.jpg