No more Pink Floyd!...

Cotick20

I cant believe it!...

Last week Malcolm Young left ACDC -- this week Pink Floyd is done -- I am afraid to even consider who's next!... : TEARS : 

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

All good things must come to an end at some point, unfortunately.

Better to end on a high note.

• Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Coming out in Nov I believe to honor the keyboardist who died in 2008. As far as I know this isn't a malicious split, but then again I don't know much about their current state.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

There is only one of the 'original' members left anyway. Two of them from the glory years. 

I'm sure Gilmour and Mason will tour and shit whenever Gilmour needs more money.

I'm fine with the new album being coined as Pink Floyd as Wright is still the keys for it, which, are a MAJOR part of the Pink Floyd sound.

If they continue to tour touting themselves as Pink Floyd, well, that's just tacky. They lost Roger and kept the name but add that to losing Wright and you should definitely go with something else. 

Take note of how classy The Grateful Dead continued without it's founder and leader, Jerry Garcia. When the group continued to tour without Jerry, the called themselves "The Dead"....once Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey Hart parted and Lesh and Weir kept on going, they again changed their name to "Further".

Yeah. Upcoming New Album Support Tour =/= Pink Floyd Tour 

Edited by BlackRabbit
  • Like 1

CDpIRad.jpg

All good things must come to an end at some point, unfortunately.

Better to end on a high note.

I 100% agree with this.  As much as it pains me to see these groups disband after such a rich history, I just can't get into their newer music once they are lacking most of the original members.  Then again, I'm always going to be partial to their music released during their prime, and there's no reason why we can't enjoy that for many years to come.

The Rolling Stones are still at it though, but they are a rarity.  It will sort of mark the end of an era when they call it quits though.

• Like 2

While we are on the Pink Floyd subject talking about history, I would like to reminisce about the old days...

2nd greatest concert I ever went to was on July 12, 1994 at Soldier Field (home of the Bears) in Chicago. Pink Floyd was on their Division Bell Tour, sadly their last... We had second row seats on the left side, which put us about 10 feet from the gigantic speaker about 10-15 ft high. I don't remember much from that night, but I do remember that there was more then one reason why we were really 'feeling the music'...  Great times!!!...

... I hope my kids are not reading this!...

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from The Shawshank Redemption...

cotick20.jpg

I saw them in 94 also, actually snuck into the Rose Bowl and saw that show for free!

Recently caught Roger Waters The Wall, while not Pink Floyd, was still pretty fucking amazing.

• Like 1

One of my all time favorite bands, well the one I have followed since I can remember did something very few groups do and I respect it a lot.

Anberlin really hit the scene in 2002 (1998 to be more specific). Over 10 albums and 16 years later the group decided to end on a high note. All in their late 30's now and as far as I know they've only gone through 2 members in those many years.

There's an expiration date on everything. For some it's short lived. For others it has insane longevity. Some don't know when to quit, some don't know it's a good idea to quit and some know what it's all about. I think it's something pretty special when a group of people just know when it's time to let go and move on, and that's nothing against their abilities and talents as artists. It's quite the opposite actually. There's something very modest and quietly amazing about that. So kudos to groups and people that can do that while taking the high road.

Edited by G37