Image Blur

Some of you might know I recently purchased a new TV. It is a 42" SHARP 1080p LED HD TV. Huge jump up from my 4 year old 36" Toshiba LCD one.

Picture quality is more than great for what I need it to do. Colors are rich and blacks are deep. It has a 120 Hz refresh rate which is noticeable in action/speed sequences. Getting used to playing on something like this is kind of like picking up a game after not playing it for a month or coming back to a game after you've been playing another solely for an extended period. To the point though.

I don't exactly have the words to describe it but since we all play GTA here perhaps someone can give some insight as to what's going on/where I can look to find out from my experience as a reference point. 

I notice there are very certain actions that I can perform within the game that gives the impression of more or less an after-image on the screen. If I pull up an RPG with the white cross hairs and spin around quickly there is a noticeable blur that surrounds it, like an afterimage. Same thing if I pan the camera around quickly or swipe between menus quickly (like the betting screen). Seems to be based solely around the focal point (cross hairs/character only).

There is absolutely NO noticeable issues when watching HD channels, local channels (besides the low quality) or movies as they look as they're intended to. Any ideas on what this is and better yet how to resolve it if possible? I had originally thought it was a defect with the TV itself but I think I can isolate it to the PS3/GTA. Unless I'm missing something.

Note: HDMI is used in the case of my DirecTV receiver and my PS3. There is no issue with the cables as I've swapped them and used others. This is something I did NOT notice on my other TV. Nature of LED? Aspect ratios among other settings are all as they should be.

Thanks.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I'm sure there's a gaming mode setting somewhere that usually eliminates any picture post processing, which is usually a reason for any blurs and/or picture lag.

Lol. I'll be damned. Figures it was that easy. The default setting for "Game" is over saturated though. Is it worth adjusting the individual settings within this mode so it looks better or does that defeat the purpose of this mode?

I suppose I could swap back and forth when not playing if it's not worth adjusting.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

That's fine and yes it automatically saves 1 adjustment as "User", so just gotta set it to how I want and keep it that way otherwise I change another it gets over-ridden.

Thanks homie.

• Like 1