Might be in trouble...

Jaggy

A curb came out of no where and I hit it.   :(  Please tell Mr. Jag not to be mad at me.  My beautiful wheels of 15 years are now damaged because I cannot drive.  We had a good run, wheels.  Please, someone make curb sensors.  That is all.  Drowning my sorrows in a pumpkin spice latte and hoping I didn't mess up a tire.  Because I don't know if anything is bent.

Again, will you guys PLEASE tell Mr. Jag NOT to be mad at me.   :lol:

And for Mailbox, thanks Obama!

009_zps8d439492.jpg

010_zpsf8b9ba2a.jpg

aah its not that bad , ive seen worse.

when your tires are (damn how you say that in english) at 0% (at the time u need new ones) choose tires with rim-protector , those would probably avoided that damage ;)

Well, if it makes you feel any better my wife put my Audi in the ditch when we were practicing for her to get her licence.

(she still havent got her license)

Edited by lann3fors
  • Like 1

Well, if it makes you feel any better my wife put my Audi in the ditch when we were practicing for her to get her licence.

If it makes you feel any better, my mom backed my car straight into a pole one day. It dented the trunk deck with a football sized welt. It remains there to this day because neither of us have the money to get that fixed. It's buckled so bad that I can't pop it back out.

However, my GTA version of my car, the Karin Asterope, is lookin' fine ;

By the way you could get that rim refinished Jag :)

Edited by i_like_ships

i_like_ships.jpg

_____Puff...Puff_____

Make sure your car is still steering straight. If it veers slightly to the left or right, you may have knocked the alignment off a bit.

Make sure your car is still steering straight. If it veers slightly to the left or right, you may have knocked the alignment off a bit.

It did that to me one time after hitting the curb.  It veered left as I was leaving the school, but didn't do it at all after I left the coffee shop and drove home.

It's not that bad. Purely aesthetic unless like Brian said, it may have upset your alignment a bit or possibly taken off a balancing weight which would make it pull but those should be on the inside of the rim.

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

The damage to that wheel is completely superficial. You're pulling problem you experienced was more than likely crown on the road surface. You just happen to be paying more attention to it now because you just had an accident. There are Companies out there that can refinish that wheel and make it look good as new. They specialize in curb rash. It can save you a lot of money to get it refinished versus having it replaced. I use companies like this all the time where I work to refinish wheels to make them look perfect. It saves people from having to spend an arm and a leg to replace wheels every time they scrape the curb.

Dodgeservice.png

The damage to that wheel is completely superficial. You're pulling problem you experienced was more than likely crown on the road surface. You just happen to be paying more attention to it now because you just had an accident. There are Companies out there that can refinish that wheel and make it look good as new. They specialize in curb rash. It can save you a lot of money to get it refinished versus having it replaced. I use companies like this all the time where I work to refinish wheels to make them look perfect. It saves people from having to spend an arm and a leg to replace wheels every time they scrape the curb.

Yeah, we're going to get it redone.  My husband says he knows some guys at work who can do this for me.  So we shall see.  Now that many hours have passed and no other issues with driving it, I don't feel as bad.  lol

• Like 1

I'm very understanding. It's no big deal at all. I did much worse with my GTO once when I had it. All 4 wheels were absolutely destroyed when I got my Vanden Plas. Those ones weren't repairable. The scratches aren't very deep on this one.

Pavement boosting doesn't work In real life.

Edited by Mr. Jag
  • Like 2