Rose got lucky today, me not so much

JustHatched

Rose was in our '02 GMC Yukon and hit the brake pedal only to have the brake line blow. Lucky for her she was still in the driveway. She was on her way into town but forgot something and went to stop halfway down the drive. Scared the shit out of her though.

I on the other hand after looking to see what/where the problem is discovered all the brakelines are rusted pretty good so I get to replace them all.

On top of that, my morning was spent figuring out a septic issue at the shop which required digging a ditch in some questionable smelling "mud".

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

That's rough. I feel like my front hub swap on my car is pretty simple in comparison now. I bruised the hell out of my arm to find out the part I bought didn't fit, but the right one came in today. I'm hoping to get it in either Thursday afternoon or Saturday.

Rusted brake lines on an '02? Do you live near the ocean or do they use salt to melt snow/ice where you live? 

i was thinking the same.

anyway , hate to change to brakelines.

but lukily that it happend on the driveway

Rusted brake lines on an '02? Do you live near the ocean or do they use salt to melt snow/ice where you live?

Illinois, salt

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Damn Rose, thats shitty. Hatch, something tells me youhad that coming. :D

I definitely don't miss the IL salt. I used to live an hour from the Quad Cities. I hated having to beat rusted parts apart.

Where did you live in Illinois? We have some people from North Central IL. Myself and Racing are in Peoria, Hatch and Rose are near Danville, Cotick is in Chicago.

Dodgeservice.png

Damn Rose, thats shitty. Hatch, something tells me youhad that coming. :D

Where did you live in Illinois? We have some people from North Central IL. Myself and Racing are in Peoria, Hatch and Rose are near Danville, Cotick is in Chicago.

I lived in Monmouth. It's about halfway between Macomb and Galesburg. Small area, about 9,000 people. Most of my family still lives there and I grew up there and left around 10 years ago.

Where I'm from in Upstate NY, it was very much the same although we had Lake Effect snow - such shit. Not sure where you guys live in Illinois in relation to Lake Michigan.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I lived in Monmouth. It's about halfway between Macomb and Galesburg. Small area, about 9,000 people. Most of my family still lives there and I grew up there and left around 10 years ago.

Cool, I know where Monmouth is. Been there a few times. Had a friend go to college there.

Where I'm from in Upstate NY, it was very much the same although we had Lake Effect snow - such shit. Not sure where you guys live in Illinois in relation to Lake Michigan.

Im about 2 hours South of Chicago, and Lake Michigan. e dont really see the Lake Effect snow. Just snow. Compared to what youve seen, its not much. Average winter here is 40-50 inches. Last year was a good year. We saw 58 inches.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png