Playstation App/Sending messages over PSN

JustHatched

I didn't know this existed until yesterday and I assume they they something for the iOS stuff

Anyway if you do not have it you should get it.

Best thing IMO to use it for, if you do not have a Vita or PS4 then thru this app you can have more than 100 friends on your list. I always used my Vita to accept new requests, but now can do it from my phone as well.

You can also send PSN messages, shop the PSN store and link to your PS4 from it as well. Check it out, it's free so why not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scee.psxandroid&hl=en

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustHatched

• furdog

• DeaD_GooN

• juve

• 2 weeks later...

So G37 mentioned in the shoutbox earlier about the playstation app and how people manage to send fast messages while playing the game (I always thought they were using a keyboard). I already had the app on my phone so I had a look and it turns out you can message people from your phone and it will come up just like a normal PSN message would on their screen.

I hate sending messages because of how long it takes to type with the controller but this is just like texting.

It shows up like this -

post-72-0-41849200-1411606491_thumb.jpg

I also got the usual PSN notification in game. 

You can use this for group messages also, I think it would come in handy to have if you own a smart phone. I know a few of us had group messages for a while and we kept having to stop playing for a while to reply :)

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 7

I use this app on my tablet.  It's too hard to use the messaging on my Playstation because it takes forever to type.  You can also accept any friend request you receive from this app too.

• Like 1

My tiger avatar is adorable.

: SHOUT :

OT: lot of reviews say this is a finicky app sort of like what Goon mentioned, but I'm gonna give this a try later. Credit goes to Mailbox and a couple others who mentioned it before but I've since forgotten for bringing this up.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Thanks for posting this, I never knew.

I also have my notifications turned off most of the time because of watching shows/movies and later find out missed friend invites and messages from the crew.....especially if I'm playing but forget to turn them back on.

• Like 1

alchemist3321.jpg

Yeah, it's annoying.

I forget the actual drop down, but I think it's the third or fourth drop down under system settings.

It's actually titled "Notifications" so it's easy to find.

Edited by alchemist3321

alchemist3321.jpg

Replying to messages works for me, but if I send the first message it shows up on the PS3 as received, not sent.

Yea this was something I found rather annoying about it but it is handy for messages. Just have to disregard those messages I guess. I thought they would have fixed this in an update but still does it.

You Want Peace, Prepare For War

How do you turn notifications off? I hate using Netflix on my account because I just see a bunch of "signed off/signed on" every five minutes.

I have a second PSN account that I use for Netflix. No friends on that account=no notifications. :)

• Like 2

Nice tip Dani, I didn't know about thast either. For those like me who doesn't have a Keyboard, it can take a while to type and sometimes I end up typing less than what I wanted, just so I can be faster... I will try this app. Thanks again :)