New internet option

JustHatched

Most know that I live in the sticks, and it is alot of an internet dead zone for anything, the phone company doesn't even provide dial up here.

SO we use a Hughesnet satellite for general web use and for the shop, we use verizon cell phones as hotspots to game off of. Neither is a good option, can't game from the satellite and the phone has a data limit that doesn't alllow much past gaming itself without paying a fortune. I found a comapny today that swears they can give us top notch service here. It's called broandbandq and the 2 plans we are looking at, A - 3G service with 6 MBPS download speed and 1 up with unlimited data cap and the speeds do not change with the amount of data used for $119 a month

B- has a 60GB monthly cap with 25MBPS download and upload speeds for $139 and is a 4G LTE connection.

The tower they have is 1.25 miles from our house.

Currently between the satellite and phones we use 30-40GB per month with the phone speeds at 5 down and 1 up.

What would you pick? Has anyone heard of this company before?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I know nothing about them. I think beforehand you need to figure out about how much data you think you'd use and more importantly, how much would GTAO suck down.

If it's a lot less than you think, especially if you want optimum performance for PS4 - the LTE option would tickle my fancy. LTE in A LOT of cases is much faster than home wi-fi connections.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Wow, those prices are super high.

I think I would go with option B but not before negotiating on price.

That kinda shit here in the States is outrageous, yes. Those are especially high though but internet here is no joke - it's a small fortune. A lot of times you also have to do phone and internet "bundled" to get any kind of savings. Sometimes there's options or room to wiggle, but not very often from my experience anyway.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

That kinda shit here in the States is outrageous, yes. Those are especially high though but internet here is no joke - it's a small fortune. A lot of times you also have to do phone and internet "bundled" to get any kind of savings. Sometimes there's options or room to wiggle, but not very often from my experience anyway.

Yeah mine is bundled with TV channels too but some UK companies offer internet connection for as little as £4 per month (it would be great).

I always assumed the US would be far more advanced with this kinda thing than the UK but I guess this is why Obama had to recently visit South Wales for the NATO summit rather than Skype the other world leaders - the costs were not ideal and too much buffering would occur  :lol:.

• Like 1

Those options listed are the best bang for the buck where I am. Currently our cap with the phone is 18gb and we run 4 ps3's off that and if we watch our downloads carefully we rarely go over that. The sat has a 20gb cap which we never have gone over. I am looking at this as an option to replace both, get more room for data transfer and save about $140 over all per month.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

The hang up is I have never heard of them, And history has shown that even though most all providers cover our area our exact location is dead. But they swear we get full 4G signal here and offer a 10 day money back guarantee. 

• Like 1

That's insanely expensive!

I never though internet access was so xpensive in the States.

Here in France, I pay 32 € for fiber optic internet, home telephone and tv services.

I don't understand how there can be such a huge gap in prices.