Voice chat quality

johan

Is it me or is the voice chat quality just bad on gta 5 , most of the time im having a hard time to what people saying , if i use teamspeak on my pc its just 100000x better.

Is there something i can do to improve it?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Casey

• Lann

• Dodge

• DavidCore89

I think a lot depends on the other players mic quality. Some people I can hear very clearly, some are just muffled and hard to understand. Some are so loud they make my ears bleed!

And if you are like me you can't talk anyways and have no business with a mic other than to give Dodge a laugh.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I found myself with the mic on way too close to my face the other day, I did not even realize it was on, good thing Casey and Xyon told me to stop making dirty old man noices on the mic!

• Like 2

We thought you were asleep! It was very funny :-)

Yea, I hate when that happens. My characters pulls all kind of shit when I am asleep.

johanhummer9: sorry for filling your thread with this crap.

Edited by lann3fors
  • Like 1

In all honesty johan, this has come up before about using alternate methods of communicating.

In the end it comes down to not all members would make the switch, I am one of them. So essentially you would have split communication which would be worse than poor communication.

As for the quality, I think it comes down to mic choice

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

There is a BT Device Topic somewhere in the forum. Everyone gives a personal review of what they use. If someone finds the topic, post a link please. I use the Ear Splitter 1000. Lol.

Dodgeservice.png

I can hear you fine, accent is a bit tough though.

• Like 1

Sunderland born and bred, we all sound like that. It's a dreadful accent, I hate it!

Anyway, Turtle Beach P11 are what I use. So if you can hear me clearly, that's good recommendation in itself. The sound quality is awesome, can't fault them at all.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

Sunderland born and bred, we all sound like that. It's a dreadful accent, I hate it!

Anyway, Turtle Beach P11 are what I use. So if you cam hear me clearly, that's good recommendation in itself. The sound quality is awesome, can't fault them at all.

I think i use the same one, i love it.

I think it is connection based just as much as it relies on a quality headset.

I've been using a good quality official PlayStation headset and I know it's not shit quality (it's not one of those Bluetooth clip-on things) but the results vary with different players who I talk to.

Sometimes I can't hear certain people but they are in a full conversation with others in the same lobby.

Some people say I'm loud enough on level 5 but others say they cannot hear me clearly.

Edited by DavidCore89

Anyway, Turtle Beach P11 are what I use. So if you can hear me clearly, that's good recommendation in itself. The sound quality is awesome, can't fault them at all.

i just bought that same headset a week ago.

i dont know if people have laptops or pc's near them if so we can use teamspeak , but only if people have a pc nearby

too bad the ps3 dont have a seperate voice chat party like the ps4 have

Nowt wrang with a mackem twang (or turtle beach p11's)
  • Like 2

I'm not using a headset and I have different experiences hearing everyone, I do need to have the sound turned up enough just to hear you all though.

Casey and Xyon I can hear and understand fine almost all the time.

DC sounds very quiet usually and I can just barely hear, so I miss most of what he says usually, unless its a really quiet lobby and he's the only one speaking. :(

LN I can hear and understand well.

Hatch I can hear fine, dont understand everything though :P

Ronny I can hear well.

GooN and G are fine too as far as I can remember.

The one I can hear best and understand best is SS, sounds loud and clear enough. If everyone sounded like him it would be perfect for me. ;)

etc ... can't remember everyone atm.

A lot of you do sound bit quiet though, not sure if its your settings or you delibaretly speak quiet.

I bet sound improves if you're using a headset, mainly voice chat?

I'm not using a headset and I have different experiences hearing everyone, I do need to have the sound turned up enough just to hear you all though.

Casey and Xyon I can hear and understand fine almost all the time.

DC sounds very quiet usually and I can just barely hear, so I miss most of what he says usually, unless its a really quiet lobby and he's the only one speaking. :(

LN I can hear and understand well.

Hatch I can hear fine, dont understand everything though :P

Ronny I can hear well.

GooN and G are fine too as far as I can remember.

The one I can hear best and understand best is SS, sounds loud and clear enough. If everyone sounded like him it would be perfect for me. ;)

etc ... can't remember everyone atm.

A lot of you do sound bit quiet though, not sure if its your settings or you delibaretly speak quiet.

I bet sound improves if you're using a headset, mainly voice chat?

So, it's just me?

My settings are maximum too.

:lol:

Mine is a headset too, I think I will shout into the mic from this point on  : SHOUT :

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Yes, shout and scream DC! :)

There's few others that are very quiet for me too, but I don't play so often with them or they don't speak much either.

I am known for mumbling a lot due to the weed so I could probably put more effort into being heard  :lol:.

• Like 3

Apparently I'm a bit muffled, add to that my 'outrageous' accent and weekend binge drinking and itdxuvlyddmjtxmhxlhckxgxkbkbfdd.

Or so I've been told. :)

• Like 1