• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Danielle

• JustHatched

• handcuff_charlie

• Casey

I posted a question on the support site whether or not custom content would transfer over with our characters, hopefully get an answer before November.

Highlights:

-increased draw/render distance (desperately needed)

-wildlife (cool)

-increased traffic (cool)

-increased graphics detail (cool)

-30 players max per free roam

-exclusive weapons/vehicles

-lots of additional music on existing radio stations

All good news IMO. The player max is a bit of a let down, spatially the map would easily support 64 players if they would simply spread out additional premium properties into Sandy Shores, Paleto, and LS...but whatever, at least it isn't sticking to 16 which is way too few for the map size.

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I'm not entirely sold on this being released on Nov 18th either. In all honesty I'm not really impressed with the images we've seen thus far as "graphical enhancements". But, people are eating it up.

@HC: can you be more specific about custom content? Cars? Garages? Items? Weapons?

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I believe I read unofficially from someone on the support staff that they would indeed transfer over. How true or how well that will happen has yet to be seen.

Funny though, gotta wait till the next installment to get .. the Dukes.

Makes me wonder if any more significant updates will occur from now till next-gen release.

"Significant" is a relative word for them. I'd be pleased with something equivocal to the Hipster Update though.

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I'm not entirely sold on this being released on Nov 18th either. In all honesty I'm not really impressed with the images we've seen thus far as "graphical enhancements". But, people are eating it up.

@HC: can you be more specific about custom content? Cars? Garages? Items? Weapons?

From what I read our characters and our characters' "stuff" will follow us into the next gen game if we so choose to transfer. R* has released a statement saying so anyway.

My question to R* Support was whether or not the creations we have published will also cross over or will they need to be recreated?

Their answer was to refer to me the statement that all our "stuff" and game progression goes with us.....and of course no mention of published jobs/creations.  :smiley-angry032:

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

How do we know wildlife is coming to GTAO? It only mentions additional wildlife. There is no wildlife in GTAO, so I'm thinking "additional" means story mode.

Idk but, if they really introduce wildlife into GTAO .. MLB will never have to hunt for food outside .. again!

• Like 5

PS4 is looking better every day.  I'll have a look at my finances, but maybe I'll be there sooner than I had planned.  The created job transfer thing will be a huge factor though--it would be a nightmare if everyone had to start over and were not able to even load the jobs they have created on the previous platform.

Idk but, if they really introduce wildlife into GTAO .. MLB will never have to hunt for food outside .. again!

Looks like I'll be eating a lot of shark and cougar meat if I make the switch. :D

• Like 1

I'm one more waste-of-time-login away from just giving up on PS3 version of this game and waiting to see what happens to the first couple of weeks after PS4 release.

Honestly, given the track record of this company and their blatant disregard for quality standards I am fully anticipating a disastrous launch at least equal to that of the the PS3 launch, except this will be on a platform new to them whereas they had released several games on PS3 prior to GTAV.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I logged in yesterday and had zero issues. Hosted several DM's, invites filled pretty quickly, full or near full rooms for a couple hours.

Then today I login and 1st job I join, fail......2nd job, error.....3rd job, kick me to single player....tried to host, failure downloading job.....turned it off, threw in GT6 and played a game coded by people who know what they are doing.

I can't be bothered with wiping the game utility data and re-downloading/installing the latest patch/update every other time I want to play the game.

• Like 1

handcuff_charlie.jpg

Super excited.

30 player lobbies, new vehicles and weapons, everything else is a bonus.

Can't wait, gonna go buy the console at the beginning of next month, already got the game pre-ordered.

Crew battles are gonna be insane  :D.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it gets auto posted further down in the site, but thought this news was of some pretty good importance.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52337/details-on-exclusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on

Can you only make the GTA Online character progress transfer once?

If I transfer my GTA Online character to the new systems, will I still be able to play with him/her on my PS3 or Xbox 360?

Yes, you will only be able to transfer your character once. After transferring your character to PS4, Xbox One or PC, you can continue playing with him/her on your PS3 or Xbox 360 but the progress you make while playing is not shared to the character you transferred to your new version.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Here's some more info - 

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52337/details-on-exclusive-content-for-returning-gtav-players-on

Can you only make the GTA Online character progress transfer once?
If I transfer my GTA Online character to the new systems, will I still be able to play with him/her on my PS3 or Xbox 360?
Yes, you will only be able to transfer your character once. After transferring your character to PS4, Xbox One or PC, you can continue playing with him/her on your PS3 or Xbox 360 but the progress you make while playing is not shared to the character you transferred to your new version.

So we can transfer our character and still use them on both consoles, only the progress won't be shared. Excellent.

Oh, and did someone say yacht party?

Edited by Danielle
  • Like 1

If it works like they say I will play on both platforms, I'm just unwilling to make a 2nd PSN account.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

This must be the point where the GTA V universe time line splits and your character continues in the PS3 universe and also has another, separate existence in the PS4 universe.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________PS3

\___________________________________________________________________________ PS4

SCIENCE!

• Like 2

This is pretty cool:

Will my created Jobs transfer over to the new systems?

Yes, any Jobs you’ve published in GTA Online using the Creator tool will transfer over so that you and others can continue playing them on the new platforms. Please be aware however that Leaderboards, Snapmatics, Playlists and bookmarks are unique to the console generation you made them on so those will not carry over. (GTAV photographers should get ready to take all-new high-res Snapmatics!)

Will 30-person GTA Online sessions include competitive modes such as Races and Deathmatches?
Yes, they will! GTA Online on the new systems will support 30 players not just in Free Roam but in competitive modes as well (unless of course the Job you’re playing has been designed to be set to a specifically lower player max). We look forward to seeing what unique matches the community can create for a vastly increased number of players.
  • Like 1