GT Sport Chat & DLC Speculation

JuniorChubb

This is the place for general GT Sport Chat, DLC Speculation, tips, tricks and help etc...

Kicking this Off today with the arrival of today’s update...

Live as of today — patch 1.34* is available for all GT Sport drivers to download and enjoy! This month’s free content update features a selection of stunning vehicles, from elegant European supercars to the return of Toyota’s flagship Supra. Players will also get to experience a gorgeous new circuit nestled in the mountains of Japan’s southwestern island.

New Vehicles

GT Sport

GT SportGT Sport

Five new vehicles are gracing the tarmac at Brand Central this month, including the new Toyota GR Supra RZ ’19 which made its debut at this year’s prestigious North American International Auto Show.

• Toyota GR Supra RZ ’19
  • Pagani Huayra ’13
  • Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren ’09
  • Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) ’89
  • McLaren F1 GTR – BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) ’95

New Track — Autopolis International Racing Course

GT Sport

GT SportGT Sport

The picturesque Autopolis is a challenging race track located in the middle of a mountain range on the southwestern island of Japan. While sector one is a simple high-speed section, complex consecutive corners of all speed ranges await players in sectors two and three. With a maximum upward slope of 7.2% and 10% downward, there are plenty of ups and downs on this track, and driving a full lap without mistakes requires high concentration.

GT League

GT Sport

This month, to celebrate the release of the Supra RZ ’19, we’ve added a dedicated league event which pits old versus new, as well as updated five existing events with new rounds.

New Event:

• Supra Legend(Amateur League)

Beginner League Updates:

• 2 new rounds added to the Mazda Roadsters Cup

Amateur League Updates:

• 2 new rounds added to the Mazda Roadsters Cup +

Professional League Updates:

• 2 new rounds added to the Premium Sports Lounge
  • 2 new rounds added to the All Japan GT Car Championships

Endurance League Update:

• 1 new round added to the Gr.3 Endurance Series

Finally, in Scapes mode, this month’s new track, Autopolis has been added, allowing players to capture stunning new shots of the premier racing circuit against a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.

We hope you enjoy this month’s update and remember you can find all the latest GT info here at PlayStation.Blog and on the official Gran Turismo website. Until next time, drivers, we’ll see you out on the track.

Copied shamelessly from somewhere else 😉

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/05/gt-sport-update-out-today-toyota-gr-supra-rz-19-new-track-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

Edited by JuniorChubb

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 3 weeks later...

New update inbound.

Car wise appears to be Stratos, Countach, Ferrari 250GT and two Formula cars of some kind.

Stratos is relevant to my interests. 

• Like 1

Just googled the latest news to see if a new track has been released and the first article on the list mentioned Spa and it got me all excited. 

https://www.gtplanet.net/spa-gt-sport-licensing-issues/

Things aren’t as simple as just building the track in game and adding it. It seems that the track model is complete and ready to go but the issue is down to licensing. The rights holders to Spa want vastly more in terms of fees to allow Polyphony to use their track when compared to other world circuits and Polyphony don’t want to set a precedent by paying a lot for Spa and then having other circuits raise their licensing fees to match. 

One option seems to be including it as paid DLC, it’s been done before for Spa and it was a popular purchase but would we all pay extra for a new track? It’s certainly something most of us would definitely consider but I don’t really like having to force people to make a real money purchase in order for them to take part in one of our championships. 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Just googled the latest news to see if a new track has been released and the first article on the list mentioned Spa and it got me all excited. 

https://www.gtplanet.net/spa-gt-sport-licensing-issues/

Things aren’t as simple as just building the track in game and adding it. It seems that the track model is complete and ready to go but the issue is down to licensing. The rights holders to Spa want vastly more in terms of fees to allow Polyphony to use their track when compared to other world circuits and Polyphony don’t want to set a precedent by paying a lot for Spa and then having other circuits raise their licensing fees to match. 

One option seems to be including it as paid DLC, it’s been done before for Spa and it was a popular purchase but would we all pay extra for a new track? It’s certainly something most of us would definitely consider but I don’t really like having to force people to make a real money purchase in order for them to take part in one of our championships. 

I'd pay for it for Supercup looking at the price of cars in the game it wont be 'overpriced', can't expect other people to though... fingers crossed this mess gets sorted out.

I wonder if herd immunity carries over to paid DLC's?

New update today...

Introducing 'Gran Turismo Sport' Newest Update: Adding the Latest Super Formula Chassis!

Gran Turismo Sport has received an update on the 28 March 2019.

The following is a list of contents included with Update 1.36:

1. 5 new vehicles, from highly sought after Supercars to the latest Super Formula, have been added.

Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61 (N300)

i18OYZNYXgVTNdH.jpg
i197GLV9lFhWS.jpg
i1jtL9Hb3JSx9EE.jpg
i1GcPvy1KIwGpW.jpg
i1syBN5zLkuLG7E.jpg
i1miKH5lZyJKG.jpg

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 (N500)

i1vOxa2uQbeiauB.jpg
i1pxAirEELJTv.jpg
i1QPtdnaPnwE2EE.jpg
i1AuazCsVlT0rb.jpg
i1ybyL6gKexTMcc.jpg
i1Gs34HmWj9J.jpg

Lancia Stratos '73 (N200)

i1lBldO7dsayqSB.jpg
i12LRMhlwDZzj.jpg
i1So00Dy11Y5vSB.jpg
i1o5e1Kfj6xU6b.jpg
i1r1x106Ls3q6cE.jpg
i1cfuk2CaIC0Zz.jpg

Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19 (Gr.X)

i1b3LMufZFMXd.jpg
i1NTEzn7bAXGmuB.jpg
i1Dd4U7ffn9nvW.jpg
i11WxHyxQyjXb7c.jpg
i1ifJo1SqJyohG.jpg
i1g1RjwHjSYR18c.jpg

Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19 (Gr.X)

i1txKWMKwLa0D.jpg
i1NtdPu8f2UJshH.jpg
i1zjj0bTlQZUS.jpg
i1TjWvsXoj3QMcc.jpg
i1MaktYyXlmkvW.jpg
i1cYbhw1X53N77E.jpg

2. The following 'GT League' one-make event, where the 'Super Formula' takes centre stage, has been added:

■ Super Formula Championships (Amateur League)
A one-make race event with the Dallara SF19 from the Super Formula category, one of the top tiers in Japanese racing.

i1ur4znyD1U4H.jpg

In addition, the following new rounds have also been added to the GT League:

■ Beginner League
2 new rounds added to the 'FF Challenge'.
2 new rounds added to the 'MINI Challenge'.

■ Amateur League
2 new rounds added to the 'Nostalgic Car Festival'.

■ Professional League
2 new rounds added to the 'La Festa Cavallino'.
2 new rounds added to the 'Lamborghini Cup'.

■ Endurance League
1 new round added to the 'Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series'.

3. More additional features have been added.

SCAPES
'Cherry Blossoms - Heralds of Spring' has been added to the special featured section.

i109jIHB9wn8DuH.jpg
i1PCspft1APmi.jpg

MUSEUM
'Super Formula' has been added to the Museum.

i1mQXF3TJRVXKEE.jpg
i1Yf0B80GdhvMb.jpg

CIRCUIT EXPERIENCE
'AUTOPOLIS' has been added to the 'Circuit Experience'.

i1B1KF3ReRVXKcc.jpg

There will be various other features, improvements and fixes implemented in this update. Please enjoy the continuing evolution of Gran Turismo Sport.

• 2 years later...