PSN Down

JustHatched

Assuming it's down for everyone due to a ddos attack

http://www.shacknews.com/article/85951/blizzard-playstation-network-and-more-under-wide-ddos-attack

I seen this posted in the shoutbox but figured a thread would help coming on for the first time today as things get shuffled in the shoutbox.

Post when you get PSN access please to let all know it is back online.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'm online at the moment.  My friend's list is weird though--it's only been showing 4 people total, but it corrects itself after a few minutes.  I was signed off briefly, but when I re-started the system, I didn't have any trouble getting online.

I always check this page if theres anything suspicious going on with PSN signing in/out:

http://downdetector.com/status/playstation-network

If theres any more than 2-3 reports at a time, it usually means theres some issues. Looks really really bad at the moment with close to 2000 reports per hour (usually its just a couple of dozen when there are minor problems).

There's also an outage map there, as any problems are usually area specific.

Edited by zmurko76
  • Like 1

Fucking idiots.

Why waste a talent hacking something which has zero benefit.

I expect the network to be down for a while, just like last time.

PSN users should be compensated for the lack of security on the PSN servers and for not being able to use the network despite many having a PlayStation Plus subscription.

Sony obviously learned nothing from the last time this happened.

• Like 1

Has XBox servers ever been hacked? Just wondering since this is the 2nd for PSN and I don't follow anything XBox.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Has XBox servers ever been hacked? Just wondering since this is the 2nd for PSN and I don't follow anything XBox.

Not that I am aware of.

The funniest bit is, Sony are in complete denial that this is a DDoS attack.

Know what the worst part is? ONLINE GAMING IS FREE WITH PSN.

How does this benefit anyone? I can only wonder what they were actually after or if this really was some attempt at being a typical GTA player: fucking up everything for everyone for no reason.

SOE President  Smedley acknowledged it being an attack though.

Edited by G37

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Wow, I have just been reading from a few links some people sent me from other websites.

This goes much further than taking down gaming networks.

my son tried to go on, and ours is shit now too. oh well. Hope its back before my potential day off tomorrow. 

Edited by newyork-nightmare

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg