Ice Water Challenge

newyork-nightmare

I'm all up for donating to a cause and I donate 1000.00 every year to a charity or a good cause like the local library and little league.

I would donate to fight MLS in a heartbeat! Im pretty sure I have done so already in the past and just dont remember.

But wtf, this ice water challenge thing is just way out of hand by now.

Victoria Beckham, Will Smith, Bill Gates, send water to Africa or send it to California so kids can play with their slip n slide during the drought! 

Total waste of water! 

10580025_10204818391284251_6354301636051

Edited by newyork-nightmare
  • Like 1

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Don't forget George W.

But really, this has been done to death and beyond.

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Maybe I'm dumb but I don't understand how it works.

You pour an ice bucket on you and then the ALS Foundation or whatever just magically receives money ?

Or do those people doing the challenge give money after passing the challenge ?

Had a tiring day and it's 1am here so I'm a little out of it :D

You need to get challenged, when you do. you can either get the water dumped on you and donate 10.00. if no water you have to donate 100.00

Before you do it you challenge three people and that's how it just keeps going and going.

Edited by newyork-nightmare

newyorknightmar3.jpg

We are in a drought here in California, so some fools have begun the Dirt Bucket Challenge, to conserve water.

Kinda hokey, but I guess it has all raised alot of money so far.

I can say with full pride that I have never once clicked on a facebook URL nor even considered opening an account.

Facebook is pre-packeaged internet for morons, narcissists, and stalkers.

I'm sorry to offend those of you who like it, but the proof is in the pudding. 

This stupid "challenge" is a self-identification test for idiots in my opinion. As if the USA hasnt had COUNTLESS charities for anything you can imagine running for DECADES. 

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 2

handcuff_charlie.jpg

I don't have a personal FB page, just one for my business. Use it to make $$. I agree. I very much dislike facebook. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I can say with full pride that I have never once clicked on a facebook URL nor even considered opening an account.

Facebook is pre-packeaged internet for morons, narcissists, and stalkers.

I'm sorry to offend those of you who like it, but the proof is in the pudding. 

This stupid "challenge" is a self-identification test for idiots in my opinion. As if the USA hasnt had COUNTLESS charities for anything you can imagine running for DECADES.

Can't say I agree, OT but Facebook is used like that but it is also very handy at keeping in contact with others. It's like anything, a good idea ruined by the public.

As far as the ice thing, I can think of dumber things to do for cash but whatever, as long as it goes to a good cause. I use that term loosly ad I have little faith in any charity. Most charity money goes to pay administrative costs, fine people need paid but I beleive in most cases half or more goes to ruining the charity than the actual needy. Then there is the ones who are willing to take your dime but don't bother asking for help. Rose donated for years to Catholic charities (not bashing the religion) when they called asking for donation, she needed some help a couple years ago, called them and was told they can't cuz she isn't Catholic = no more donation,

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Why not just donate the damn money and not waste all of that water which those poor kids could have very well been drinking.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but on the other hand it's Facebook most of it's users will do anything for attention.

As cruel as it sounds, there is only one charity or good cause in the world that will ever get my money and this is not one of them.

I have seen first hand what difference a charitable organisation can make to a persons life, I won't go into detail but I have been through some pretty dark times in childhood and in my teens but I always had someone like a charity available to keep me heading in the direction that I wanted to go in.

I guess until you are that person in need of a charitable helping hand, good cause or an organisation waiting to help lift you from the gutter - you'll never truly know what others are going through on a daily basis and how people lives are improved by some charities but after all of the admin fees - you'll be lucky if 1% of your money reaches the intended area, especially when you're talking about the biggest charities in the world.

Edited by DavidCore89

You just cant win.. I donated $ to my town Little League and I was a sponsor for the first time this year.

The league president this year decides to skip end of the year picnic and no trophies.

Cant wait till I deliver his amazon packages next time, gonna throw it on the roof, Walter White style.

• Like 2

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I can understand using FB for commercial purposes, it only makes sense, pun intended. Although I would be compelled to hire someone to do for me if at all possible. Think of it like selling autographed Justin Bieber crap, sure you can make a fortune, but do you really want to have to go to Justin Bieber concerts or follow the twat and his legions of twat-ettes around the world? No you would GLADLY pay someone else to do that for you.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" is all the justification you need for wanting to establish a commercial presence there, depending on what your business is....however...

For transactions that *I* typically use the internet to engage in or research, if a "business" doesn't have a real website and is using FB instead, then it isn't a real business and I am not going to be bothered going out on a limb with their products.

I see this all the time in the motorsports after-market, regrettably mis-named the "tuner industry" when 99% of it has zero to do with actual perfromance tuning. (bolting shit onto your car, or even funnier, sticking with adhesive, is NOT tuning...it is disgraceful how language gets perverted as a result of a prevalence of retards).

Some jackass sets up a "website" on FB and refers to himself and his apartment as "we", "us", "our" and tries to pass himself off a legitimate business peddling whatever piece of crap, typically from china, without any manufacturing quality control, without any education in design or engineering, and there is no shortage of fools who will send their money for a product that doesnt even exist yet because the "business" is using the advance payment to fund the production run. Weeks and months pass and these same morons start carrying on about how there are too many scam artists. The rest of us ask, "where did you find this "company", who referred you to "them"?"............"Oh I came across them on facebook".

/facepalm...........you deserve to lose your money 

So when i see all these morons in the hospital or suffering injuries from imitating something that was on FB in pure "monkey-see-monkey-do" fashion, I cannot only not muster up any shred of sympathy for them, after a certain point it is pretty hard not to feel contempt for them.

Edited by handcuff_charlie
  • Like 2

handcuff_charlie.jpg

thank god its kinda dying off in my town. not so much anymore. Plus the weather is getting cold. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

posting this in here and in funny pic thread.... sooo funny. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg