TV

Lann

I figure all of you have a tv, new or old.

As far as a tv for the purpose to play console, i might be needing a new tv this fall.

So i figured I ask for reflections as far as brand, price and size.

What would you get if you were to get a new one this fall?

(currently playing sitting about 3 meters from the tv)

I use a 32" LG LCD. 6 years ago it cost $900, but you can find a decent TV much cheaper now. Every now and then I'll hook it up to the 50" plasma. It has slightly better colors and darker blacks, but it also has some glare. The LCD has zero glare.

I currently play on a 50" LG Plasma. Awesome TV. However, for a while I had the PS3 hooked up to a 32" LCD Vizio. The Vizio is a phenomenal TV for the money. If you are looking to use Your PS3 along side a Home Theatre setup, then go big. If this is just for your PS3, I'll take the Vizio everytime.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I am looking for something for both ps3/4 and tv/movies. I am on a 50 Samsung plasma atm, but thinking about something bigger. 

I feel like a uhd might not be motivated or even useful, and also way too expensive.

Brian: I have been reading a lot of good reviews about LG.

Edited by lann3fors

Anything but Samsung.

I've had 2 Samsung DLP Tvs that were 55-56", one a standard light the other LED. Both were very problematic shortly after their 1 year warranty was up. I now have an LG 60" plasma and I am keeping my fingers crossed. At least prices on all TVs are lower than they used to be.

If it's for gaming and TV/Movies, go for a big up. At least 50".

I have a Samsung 42" LCD since 2011 and never had an issue with it.

Most of my family also have Samsung TVs and no problems at all.

I don't think the brand is very relevant. Go for Samsung, LG, Philips, Panasonic or Sharp.

I have a 41" or 42" Panasonic Plasma.  It's a great TV and does what it needs to do, but it lacks both a headphone jack and analogue audio out connections.  Needless to say, finding a headset has been a serious task, so when buying a new TV, I would keep these things in mind if you plan on using a headset.

Other than that, Panasonic makes great TVs, and this one has lasted several years thus far.

I have a 42" samsung lcd. It costed around 350€. I've been using it since 2011 or 2012 and got me 0 problems. It has modes for gaming, movies, a dynamic mode for better image, it is full HD, It's good enough for all purposes I guess. It's a good price/quality product. I think samsung makes good tv's.

Samsung 42" which is fucking up with bad pixels. Need a new one

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

My mom had one of those ancient tube tv's and never even thought about replacing it, it worked fine. Then one day she came to visit and saw my HD flatscreen. When she got home she went right online and bought the exact same one.

Just an FYI when buying an LCD/LED TV; check online reviews to see how they do with gaming. Some have horrible processing in them that may introduce lag, especially the higher HTz (240ish). Most should have a game mode that can be enabled that will turn off a lot of the processing.

• Like 2

kQ4fIRp.png

LG 50" plasma, I went with the 720p instead of 1080i it was half the price and I can't tell the difference.  

Being a plasma I was a little worried about images burning in, but so far nothing permanent or noticeable.  It does give off a lot of heat, so in a confined room with the PS3 it can get pretty warm.