Multiple or single protagonist?

JustHatched

Should GTA6 have multiple protagonists or just one? I think I would prefer 1 like in RDR2 with a great story line (sorry, not I'm not counting John Marston) over having mutliples like GTAV though all 3 had a good story line. The single story of 1 character makes me feel more connected to the game.

And obviously a female toon has been discussed, I am in favor of that as well.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Yeah I feel one character would be best. I feel GTA V was heavily diluted by having three characters. 

I was okay with the product but the hype was so heavy I feel it out weighed what it was as a story. And GTAO took time to find it's feet. 

I think GTA VI might go with 2 protagonists and have it be a man and woman to kind of test the waters of having a female protag. 

I'd prefer one and wouldn't mind male or female aslong as the story was a rockstar masterpiece that we All know they can produce. 

Plus GTAO 2.0 will end up being the main face of it all once is said and done anyway.

• Like 1

One for me too...

GTA5’s three protagonists worked well but I would like to see a return to a storyline following one main player.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

I’d like it to be a single character but that character is one you make yourself. 

I dont think it should be a silent protagonist like GTA III or online but surely it’s fairly easy to have 3 or 4 different voice actors providing the dialogue and you can choose which actor you want to provide your voice. You can then use that same character online for seamless flow between the two game modes.

It was only Trevor who had any kind of personality from the three characters in GTA V. Didn’t really think much of the others. 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I’d like it to be a single character but that character is one you make yourself. 

I dont think it should be a silent protagonist like GTA III or online but surely it’s fairly easy to have 3 or 4 different voice actors providing the dialogue and you can choose which actor you want to provide your voice. You can then use that same character online for seamless flow between the two game modes.

It was only Trevor who had any kind of personality from the three characters in GTA V. Didn’t really think much of the others. 

It’s a nice idea Squirrel, I would prefer a completely custom character though. It worked for Fallout, taking that character online would be fun especially if you could also use them in a more interactive off line mode.

A lobby of 30 all based on a few characters would not be great though imo.

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

It’s a nice idea Squirrel, I would prefer a completely custom character though. It worked for Fallout, taking that character online would be fun especially if you could also use them in a more interactive off line mode.

A lobby of 30 all based on a few characters would not be great though imo.

The voice acting would just be for single player/online cut scenes. 

Definitely want full customisation for the character like you get in Fallout. 

• Like 1

Single. The multi thing in 5 was something that I could have done without. I prefer being involved with one character. I also prefer that character NOT be killed and the game forcing me to play from then on as a side character that I never cared about in the first place.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

I feel they're gonna go back to a single protagonist. Maybe have part of the story involving another playable character. 

I liked the 3 characters of GTA 5 but I believe they should do something different with 6.

16 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I feel they're gonna go back to a single protagonist. Maybe have part of the story involving another playable character. 

I liked the 3 characters of GTA 5 but I believe they should do something different with 6.

I get the feeling we may see one protagonist over more than one era though, a bit like the Ocarina of Time. Could work really well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JuniorChubb said:

I get the feeling we may see one protagonist over more than one era though, a bit like the Ocarina of Time. Could work really well.

Shut up with you nintendo nonsense

• Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend