new to creator need help

Muskidinho04

i started to make a death match at the saw mill. but i need some help in figuring out where i should place weapons and what not. is there a way to let others test your map out with out publishing it. or do you have to publish your map and can still make changing after.

It may help to get specific members to help you beta test. That way you can invite just them, and walk through it without r andoms, and without someone getting an invite expecting to run a DM, and not understand what's happening.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

It may help to get specific members to help you beta test. That way you can invite just them, and walk through it without randoms, and without someone getting an invite expecting to run a DM, and not understand what's happening.

thats what i was going to do. i just need help for weapon placement and if i should re work all the death match spawns.

• 1 month later...

thats what i was going to do. i just need help for weapon placement and if i should re work all the death match spawns.

Generally for weapons what I have learned is to put the better/heavy weapons in hard to reach areas or high traffic areas to encorage more bloodshed. Smaller/light weapons can be easily accessable, usually near spawn points depending on how you want the DM to play out. There needs to be balance, you don't need to symetrically space everything out but sometimes its a good idea so the DM doesn't favor one team or the other. Test and Tweak, you will probably do this many times before you are happy with placement. And there are members here who will point you in the right direction when it comes to setting up certain jobs.

For the spawn points, just make sure they are spaced out enough to prevent spawnkilling. What I like to do is tuck some of my spawn points into corners or behind cover, to prevent spawning in the middle of the action(though I don't make it so you have to go across the map to get back in the action). I don't always put the spawns in cover, it all depends on the area you are making the DM in, size also makes a difference. Just learn to make a balance of maximum players to a given size DM.

Test, test, test. This is the best way to not only get feedback, but to see if YOU are happy with the way your job turned out. You can always go back into your job and change anything at will, then re-publish.

LOL, I am sure you figured it out by now! I need to look at dates more often!

Edited by JusTokenII